March: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ealing+the+gut
February: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...february+legal
January: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...9&page=1&pp=20

Dec 05: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...february+legal
Nov 05: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=364340
Oct 05: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=350068
Sept 05: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=336581
August 05: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ealing+the+gut

The original thread : http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ealing+the+gut (June 05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My questions from the July thread:

*Being summer, should I decrease our intake of high vit CLO? We're presently taking 1T for me, and 1/2t for the boys.

*Cellfood? It looks interesting for my cancer treatment, thoughts?

*Jane, since our DS's are very similar in terms of healing, could you post what probiotics he is on right now? I've been neglectful of actual probiotics and just doing yogurt.

My thoughts:

*Jane, what is going on w/you and 'hellweek'? I was excited to read that your DS has been able to eat more fruits, but what is going on now?

*I definately feel like I'm healing. And I cheat quite a bit. I feel that the yeast or bad bacteria is dead in me and I'm just working on healing at this point. I have been eating illegials from time to time, which, come to think of it, is always just chevre. Or goat milk brie Since I don't have any more bad guys to feed, I've allowed myself some lactose, about once every 3 weeks or so. I've been on the diet since April 1st. I would like to purchase enzymes again, but w/all my cancer treatment stuff, we are just out of $$. I was taking massive amts of it too, and that definatly speed things along, I'm sure of it.

*Chiropractor care--We are firm believers and go every month. We started going to help DS1's sleep issues when he was 1 yr old. We had no success whatsoever until we started taking foods out (before I knew of SCD), here is my long thread on it on MDC, http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ad.php?t=97824

I have more thoughts, but too busy.

Hope you are well,
amy
#3 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 12:55 PM

Subbing. Annikate, what were you trying to heal if not yeast? AmyD, same question. I don't think I have yeast, but so far I am not seeing huge improvements with SCD.
#4 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Leaky gut caused by yeast/bacteria. Now that I'm healing I'm not so bloated and gassy (except when I eat broccoli, for instance), and I feel that, in a couple years, I will be able to eat gluten again (NT style). I'm also not having any, what I called, gluten reactions, which is when I would have to run to the toilet to have an explosive, painful, diarrhea episode. Even though I was diligent about not eating gluten, it would still happen (same w/DS1 too, we'd be fighting over the one toilet in the house ).
#5 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 02:02 PM

reposting my last couple of posts on the July thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBG
Caedmyn, how is your candida protocol working for you? Are you getting better or still having die-off....

Is anybody getting better and healed besides Jane?

Well I'm about to give up.

Also, our budget is SO tight, that I won't be able to keep buying ANY supplements. We can't afford to have a normal diet. 40 dollars a week for groceries won't even get enough meat and eggs to feed 4 of us.

So I have to stop the SCD-candida-NT. it's not helping anyway. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Sorry for complaining.... I guess I'm just having a bad morning.
I'm sorry things are rough for you right now. Hopefully your financial situation will improve soon.

Have you tried beet kvass? There was an excerpt in "Eat Fat Lose Fat" about someone with candida who didn't get any better with diet, etc, until she tried beet kvass. At least it would be cheap...

I'm not having much die-off at all. I feel like this diet is going to work for us, but I haven't actually seen improvements yet. I've decided to stick with the diet without cheating until Labor Day--it's allowed to cheat once a week on this diet, but I sort of went overboard with the cheating and binged. Last time I cheated we went out to eat for DH's BD and besides my meal I had about 8 cornbread muffins, 3 big bowls of ice cream, and a giant chocolate cookie If neither DD nor I are improving by Labor Day I'm going back to eating "normal" NT foods.

CHIROPRACTORS
--anyone besides Pattyla tried chiropractic for their baby's sleep issues? DD woke up about 10 times last night. I have no idea why she is waking up so often. I've got to do something to get her sleeping better.

ENZYMES
If I'm eating lacto-fermented foods at every meal, can I stop taking digestive enzymes, or is there not enough enzymes in the lacto-fermented stuff to make up for the digestive enzymes? The only foods I'm eating right now are fats, eggs, meats, and low-carb veggies.
#6 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 02:21 PM
EBG

I think so.... I suppose the taditional peoples don't take enzymes either. I think you could give it a try.
Thanks for remindig me about beet kvass, I forgot about it. I think I have one in my refrigerator...
I guess I'll go back to making beet kvass and saurkraut. Hoping to clear my acne. I don't know what's happening to me, hormones or what, but my eczema is horrible, I'm losing a ton of hair and my previously clear face looks like I'm 13. I stopped breasfeeding about a month ago and still have not had a period. Maybe the hormones are making me depressed. Oh and I'm gaining weight. All this without changing anything in the diet.
BM-s are still good, digestion great. So actually the diet at least helped this much.
But what am I going to do without my CLO? I can live without CO as we can still get butter and olive oil, but CO is way to expensive. But CLO has been our only good source of omega 3, A and D. Would battery eggs, grain-fed butter and commercial liver be OK? We can't afford grass-fed anything. I'm thinking it's still better than vegetable oils.
#7 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
perhaps it flairs up because you ARE dealing with the yeast. that is, as they die off, their toxins leak into your lymph system and into your milk. could you stick with it long enough to get over the die off?

have you tried evening primrose oil supplements to help with your dc's eczema?
I could stick with it, I just have to get over looking at DH's eczema. I guess I need to change my outlook and decide that I will be very strict for a month no matter what happens on his face. I have not tried EPO yet. I have been taking 2 tsps of CLO, eating butter from the farmers market and using CO as much as possible.

*Is there anything I can do for DS to help relieve his symptoms? I will get some baby probiotics. He is almost 8 months, too young for digestive enzymes?

*JaneS, I would be interested to read how your DS's eczema was healed, and then on his way to healing leaky gut.

Quote:
I definately feel like I'm healing. And I cheat quite a bit. I feel that the yeast or bad bacteria is dead in me and I'm just working on healing at this point. I have been eating illegials from time to time, which, come to think of it, is always just chevre. Or goat milk brie Since I don't have any more bad guys to feed, I've allowed myself some lactose, about once every 3 weeks or so. I've been on the diet since April 1st. I would like to purchase enzymes again, but w/all my cancer treatment stuff, we are just out of $$. I was taking massive amts of it too, and that definatly speed things along, I'm sure of it.
Your journey with cancer must be challenging physically and mentally, thankfully your gut is getting somewhere. Where are you in your cancer treatments? At what point did you feel like the yeast/bacteria was no longer a problem?

*moonshine-what are you trying to heal with SCD?

*someone posted about a yahoo group for yeast, can you repost the link?

We create our own reality.
#8 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBG
But what am I going to do without my CLO? I can live without CO as we can still get butter and olive oil, but CO is way to expensive. But CLO has been our only good source of omega 3, A and D. Would battery eggs, grain-fed butter and commercial liver be OK? We can't afford grass-fed anything. I'm thinking it's still better than vegetable oils.
This might still be too much, but the cheapest CO I found is at www.mountainroseherbs.com--$28 for a gallon, plus shipping which is around $7 for me.

I don't know if they have Costco in your area, but if they do and you have a membership or know someone who does, Kerrygold is supposed to be a brand of grass-fed butter (I don't think it is organic, so the price might be reasonable). Also, you might be able to find someone in your area who has a few chickens and will sell you eggs--I've seen some around here for $1 per dozen. Try www.craigslist.com and do a search for eggs. You could also try canned salmon if not too expensive (bumblebee has one that says it's wild caught), or maybe ground flax seed for omega 3's.

I do think commercial whole foods are preferable to vegetable oils and stuff--just do the best you can.
#9 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum
*someone posted about a yahoo group for yeast, can you repost the link?
It's called candidasupport.
#10 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 04:07 PM

subbing and a tmi poop question... i know someone has mentioned white specks and floating before, but i can't remember what they mean. can someone fill me in?

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
#11 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello mamas - sorry this is so long!!

I first learned about gut healing when I consulted an LC recommended by firefaery to address my breastmilk oversupply issues. My second baby was born 2.5 mo ago and, while I struggled with oversupply at first, it seems to be under control now - possibly because of the many things that I've done to fix it. I started an elimination diet about 7 weeks ago, eliminating dairy, gluten, rice, almonds, chocolate and oranges - this was based on my staple foods and craved foods. I found out that dd was reactive to dairy (rash all over body) and wheat (mucus in poop). So far soy looks OK but I am not planning to eat much soy because I have concerns about it.

I think of myself as being quite healthy and free of health problems but my LC thinks I have a leaky gut because:
  1. I tend towards being constipated (go 1X per day but poops tend to be hard and I have an anal fissure)
  2. my apparently leaky gut is allowing proteins to cross the gut barrier into my breastmilk - causing dd's reactions
Other possible symptoms of food sensitivity that I have are intermittent seborrheic dermatitis (scalp and behind ears) and dark circles under my eyes.

My main motivation to deal with this is to protect dd. Things I've been doing to address the gut issue:
  1. taking digestive enzymes from Houston Neutraceuticals
  2. taking Udo's Choice adult blend probiotics
  3. eating a bit more coconut oil/milk
  4. doing elimination diet to see if I have sensitivities (no obvious ones so far except that my oversupply has stopped - other symptoms are the same)
I am reading Nourishing Traditions and I like the idea of eating a diet that is naturally rich in enzymes and helpful bacteria. But I'm discouraged about not being able to eat dairy as it's such a great convenience food (especially yoghurt and cheese, my faves) and I crave it a lot in the first postpartum months. I'm enjoying eating more fish but not as much enjoying eating more meat/nuts - feel a bit heavy on my system in the quantities that I am eating. I am eating a lot - feel very hungry due to lactation hormones and I am nursing both of my kiddos right now. Spending a lot more time on food prep has been hard with 2 small ones and our diet has been more expensive. A simple lunch of cheese on sprouted bread is only a distant memory .

Ds has been doing all this along with me but since he didn't seem to be reacting to foods much I have allowed him to reintroduce most of the foods back into his diet. He probably has gut damage due to the really bad oversupply problems that I had with him (and possible food sensitivities). He was also very slow to start solids, very picky eater, and has low ferritin (up to 9 from 7). He is having lots of problems with pee accidents and peeing in bed but we never got rid of that with the diet. We are chronically concerned about his food intake and have resorted to feeding him Cheddar Bunnies and rice crackers (when not on the diet) just to get food into him to avoid low blood sugar meltdowns, etc. Much of the toddler feeding ideas don't work with him as he generally won't eat anything mushy or pureed so it's hard to "hide" foods in his diet.

I'm not sure where to take it from here. More emphasis on diet - NT, SCD (heard of it but don't know much), eliminate more potential allergens? I am not crazy about dietary changes - it took me over two years to get to the point where I was willing to try an elimination diet. More supplements? LC recommends "GI Revive" and yeast cures and more potent probiotics. Also she wants me to take the enzymes between meals as well as during meals - anyone understand why?

: Suggestions?

sharing life with | 10 yo ds | 8 yo dd | dh (since 2012)
"I am not what happened to me...I am what I choose to become." ~ Carl Jung
#12 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 09:36 PM

Caedmyn,

The once a week cheat makes no sense to me based on my experience? Is that the candida support diet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi's Mom
After my daughter turned a year old, she started drinking cow's milk. She had been eating yogurt and cheese, and cottage cheese for a while. She started getting painful, burning diaper rashes. I was told it could be diet related. I have allergies, just none to food. Abigail hasn't had any milk in about two or more weeks, she just one day refused to drink it, but she's continued to get diaper rashes on and off, about once to twice a week. then I realized that was about how often I was feeding her 4 oz of Activia yogurt. Could she be allergic to the yogurt? ACtivia has 17 grams of sugar in it, could the problem be the sugar?
Abi's Mom,

Yes, both the sugar and the pastuerized dairy could be culprit. The only way to test dairy is to take it completely out for several weeks to a month and then challenge it again. Personally I feel pasteurized dairy is the main reason why so main people are allergic. The heat treatment changes the proteins so that they are harder to digest and also kills beneficial bacteria and enzymes that further help. I highly recommend trying raw milk. I hear all the time from people IRL in my milk group that they couldn't handle pasteurized stuff and do great on raw. There was a post several days ago I made with links on raw milk in Nutrition forum maybe?
#13 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 09:37 PM
EBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn
This might still be too much, but the cheapest CO I found is at www.mountainroseherbs.com--$28 for a gallon, plus shipping which is around $7 for me.

I don't know if they have Costco in your area, but if they do and you have a membership or know someone who does, Kerrygold is supposed to be a brand of grass-fed butter (I don't think it is organic, so the price might be reasonable). Also, you might be able to find someone in your area who has a few chickens and will sell you eggs--I've seen some around here for $1 per dozen. Try www.craigslist.com and do a search for eggs. You could also try canned salmon if not too expensive (bumblebee has one that says it's wild caught), or maybe ground flax seed for omega 3's.

I do think commercial whole foods are preferable to vegetable oils and stuff--just do the best you can.
Thanks for the ideas! I can't use credit cards for a while so can't order online... erverything is twice as much in the HFS...
Our Costco doesn't carry Kerrygold, Safeway does but my DH won't spend 2.99 on a half pound stick when you can get 1lb regular butter for less. But I'll try craigslist and see if I can get cheap free-range eggs.
#14 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine
Subbing. Annikate, what were you trying to heal if not yeast?
ACtually, I got here by accident while trying to figure out what was wrong w/dd. I just KNEW it had to be something in my diet. She had classic allergy symptoms: Dark circles under her eyes, red, puffy eyes, watery eyes, red bumps underneath the eyes, not to mention her reflux and sleep issues.

When I learned about leaky gut I thought okay, that makes sense so I started the SCD (finally, after different types of elimination diets which I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND to anyone.)

I never thought *I* had issues but the more I learned, the more I realized that being chronically constipated, burping almost ALL day long EVERY day, being bloated and gassy and having the noises from my stomach drown out nearby conversationsis is NOT normal. I thought it was because I had lived w/it all of my life really.

Funny how this process has made me healthier in so many ways. I no longer take an antidepressant and am convinced that my depression/anxiety stemmed from nutritional deficits due to malabsorption.
#15 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyD
*Cellfood? It looks interesting for my cancer treatment, thoughts?
It does look interesting but I'm not convinced. I do like the fact that it contains amino acids. They are wonderful things. (I take them during PMS & it helps A LOT.)

I have a girlfriend who's a research scientist (microbiology), I'll email her and ask her opinion.

Oh, and I saw it in Whole Foods today. It was $29.99 I think.
#16 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 09:58 PM

:

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#17 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:
There are many things you mention here that are relevant for DS and me.
*Ds and I had antibiotics at his birth, so I know that he didn't start out having the best gut flora. What is the best way to get a broad spectrum of flora in there, without kidnapping an Amish child? I am eating SCD 24 hr yogurt but am not currently giving him anything.

*I know we are fighting yeast, but I feel like whenever I try to step up yeast fighting measures (tried Candex, too harsh made eczema flair, I think) now am starting with V-gest (.5 capsule with meals) his eczema flairs again. I cannot tell what the eczema flairup is from. I honestly do not think I have the will power to start SCD all over and stay on the intro (for weeks?) and go to the bare minimum (not even any suppliments) I am not convinced that his eczema is all diet based anyway.

*does fermenting foods bring about different strains of bacteria than the 24 hr yogurt has to offer?

*If I heal my gut (who knows how long that will take) will he get good bacteria from my breastmilk? Will it be enough to counteract the poor start?

* How did you go about healing your DS's eczema?

I feel very discouraged, I have been on SCD for about 6 weeks and although I feel like my yeast is getting a little better on the diet DS's eczema keeps flaring up. I need more yogurt ( I currently have a few tablespoons a day) and probiotics to help with the yeast as well as some yeast fighters but they all seem to bother DS (eczema flare ups)
First of all, I must dispell rumors spread by Miss I think I'm a Celebrity AmyD ...

I'm NOT planning a kidnapping, I just want to buy their "human probiotics" in natural form!

laughup

(Those are DS's goodnight smilies he clicked on himself.)

The eczema flares could be histamine reactions from the yeast toxins? When they are killed, they release one final dying breath as I understand it. Makes it hard to figure out what's what though I know.

DS's eczema was also worsened with cow dairy (he can do goat) but the regime of quercitin, cod liver oil, and evening primrose oil works well. Sometimes you need to go quite high with EPO. I've heard of adults taking 10 grams in order to see any effect. Check out 'The Eczema Tribe' thread.

Eczema might not be all diet but it's definately deficiences in gut flora and the right fatty acids. This has been shown over and over again in studies.

Yes fermented foods do have diff. probiotics. Cabbage has L. plantarum for ex.

I don't know re: best way to get broad spectrum of flora.
That is truly the Million Dollar Question.

We've had some sucess with L. Reuteri in the past, so that's one we are culturing. Plus if you read about in 'The Power of Probiotics' thread, it's got an interesting background (human origin was a bf'ing mama in Peru.)

I've decided to go with Garden of Life Primal Defense powder b/c of personal stories from my WAPF chapter leader who is a friend and a nutritional consultant who uses it personally and professionally with very good success. And reading "Patient Heal Thyself".

And then the 3rd one I just got for DS is Mt. Capra Probiotics Plus b/c it's grown on goat milk. My new strategy is to just overdose him (starting slowly of course) on probiotics in addition to his yogurt and see what happens. That is... until first week of Sept and appt. with new dr. to review the CDSA we just did this week. We'll see what other things he has to suggest.

Keep breastfeeding as long as possible.
Even with all the problems, and my gut still leaking, DS's digestion was *way* better off (raw fruits and rice and rice milk were mainstays of diet) when he was still nursing. I was a dolt to wean at 26 months! I wish I could turn clock back a year and know what I know now.
#18 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I don't feel like anything is a 'safe' food right now. It makes me want to give up. I know this sounds horrible but if I gave DS formula at least he would be having the same thing every meal.
I remember feeling the exact same way! And yet when I weaned it was ... and still is .... MUCH MUCH WORSE.
#19 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:03 PM

subbing...i need to learn. We , especially my kids...have gut issues.

anybody know of probiotics or acidophilus type stuff that is completely dairy free?? i would love live enzymes to give them.''''
#20 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:05 PM

forgot to sub
#21 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullens_Girl
Hi everyone - new to the thread...and IBS. I think I have just about every symptom - but I know that it's "rule-out" thing... I'm just wondering how long it will take them to *rule-out* everything... and also other than the IBS dietary changes I've read about online - do you have any tips?
I'm of the mind right now that if you try digestive enzymes and probiotics and see improvement, then you have your answer. Depending on symptoms of course. If you have blood, then see a dr. If you have gas, bloating, cramping, diarrhea/constipation, then you aren't digesting your food and have gut flora problems ... then it seems pure and simple to me. But mainstream doctors don't see it that way and don't know what to do about it other that treat symptoms and not causes.

However, if it's any chance it could be celiac disease, it worth getting a blood test for that.
#22 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom
subbing...i need to learn. We , especially my kids...have gut issues.

anybody know of probiotics or acidophilus type stuff that is completely dairy free?? i would love live enzymes to give them.''''
Off the top of my head...

Natren.

Kirkman Labs.

Garden of Life Primal Defense Powder.

For enzyme info www.enzymestuff.com
#23 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Quick question,

Presently, I am taking 1T high vit CLO, and my boys are both taking 1/2t each. With it being summer, should we decrease our levels?

Thanks
Amy
I don't believe so... see http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnut...fications.html

Reducing it for summer is a Mercola thing and he improperly uses high doses of Vit. D without correct ratio of Vit. A to counter toxic effects. (1:10)

I never heard of native diets avoiding D for certain times and they were probably out in the sun way more right? Might be worth asking in Traditional Foods forum. Copy my post there too if you want.
#24 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierratahoe
Back to reality: Ok, now what do I do?? What kind of a doc should I be looking for? I simply cannot afford to have an appointment with every gut doc in town hoping against hope for one who has his/her head out of his/her arse and has heard of leaky gut or anything else slightly alternative. Nor can I afford to visit with every 'naturopathic' nutcase who just wants to rinse me out or give me a rubdown or stick needles in me (no offense to any who might find acupuncture helpful for their gut; I just doubt a session or two is going to heal me, nor is a massage or two). Should I aim for calling every D.O. in town and ask if they have experience with healing guts? Or just scrap getting help and focus on helping myself? What about tests? Could it be that I possibly actually don't need any testing and just need to experiment with what works for me?

Now for the million dollar question: I know this is called healing the gut, but, will there ever be a day when I don't have to fear certain foods? Will there ever be a day I can eat trigger foods without paying the price? Is it truly possible to make this all better and move beyond it, looking back at the experience and laughing nervously?

This is a HOOT! You are totally right!!

This is why I think that regardless of the steep learning curve we're putting y'all on here, it is essential. Because not every practitioner who hangs a shingle knows what they are doing. And even if they do, not not everyone knows everything. There are significant things that they may miss.

Yes, it will happen. I'm laughing nervously myself right now in fact... and I want as many of you to be able to join me as possible. Please don't make me post another 4,000 times for it though okay? :

Maybe that Cheat Sheet needs Crib Notes. :

1. Digestive enzymes with meals.
2. Enzymes between meals, esp. proteases and cellulases.
3. Yogurt/kefir/fermented foods/probiotics.
4. Cut out foods you determine that you cannot digest.
5. Add nutrient dense superfoods and good quality supplements.
6. Educate yourself on what is really a healthy diet... nutrient deficiencies can in themselves lead to many digestive issues.
7. If all the above doesn't work, investigate alternatives: anti fungals/bacterials, homeopathy, etc.
#25 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskiasmom
Not really, but its hard to tell. I actually allowed myself forbidden food on thursday and friday b/c I was so pissed and just didnt care, and didnt feel bad, I just get a big belly. Ive actually been more depressed in the past two days than in the last week. I felt like I was coming along well in mourning and moving on and then this, and it brings it all back again. "If only..". So the symptoms I have are too hard to separate from the loss, because when I read that yesterday about taking a month, suddenly I felt great. My tongue looks better, so Im using that as a guide too. I dont know. Thanks for responding. Ironically (is it irony?) my dh is an md, and he isnt too worried about this, he says to have faith in my immune system. I wish I could and go get a bran muffin for breakfast instead of eggs eggs and more eggs (hurl). So what have you done to heal it in the past?

Actually you reminded me... I had a m/c right before becoming pg with DS. And the circumstances of it led to a lot of anger and depression. Will spare you details, but I will say you are very lucky you are here now.

RE: DH the MD
Except 70% of immune system is in gut. And if you aren't digesting that bran muffin, you aren't absorbing the nutrients. And if you don't absorb the nutrients, your body is suffering. Your immune system runs on vitamin/minerals! And if the undigested food is fermenting to excess and producing toxins (see published studies on abnormal gut fermentation) and alcohol, your immune system is even worse off.
#26 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:31 PM

Thank you EricaZ for that Trent Nichols book rec, I've ordered it from inter library loan!
#27 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskiasmom
I have never had food allergies (knock wood) or digestion problems or immunity problems, so otherwise ont think I need them, but I read that a certain kind help break the shell of the yeasts in the gut to then make the AF's work better. How do these enzymes even make it to the gut? How do they make it through the stomach and pancreatic acid? Do I believe this b/c I want to or has anyone had experience? That FAQ sheet also mentions that it takes about a month for every year you've had it to get rid of. Is this one of the things JaneS you dont believe?

Anyway, I just really want personal help. How do I wade through all the *theories* and choose a protocal that I can have faith in? Why dont I just take lamisil with all the other stuff and knock this sh** out? Ugh. Im about ready to go to pennsylvania with you!

Thanks
jess
Re: Enzymes between meals
See the Yeast/Bacteria link at www.enzymestuff.com
Also Dr. Devin Houston of Houston Nutraceuticals is available to anyone for phone consult on enzymes. He is the real deal, he worked at Edward Howell's co. (literally the inventor of enzyme research).

Plant based enzymes work both in stomach acid and also neutral ph of small intestines. They definitely get thru. Pancreatic or animal based enzymes only work in neutral ph btw.

Re: Knocking this Sh** Out!
I hear you! But overwhelming your immune system in that way is not good either. Because you need the good bacteria to grow again and occupy the space you are making.

Re: A month of Healing for every year of Suffering
Yeah, actually that is about right for me. I've had gut problems for 10 years and really bad right before pg (multiple abx really killed me). The enzymes may have speeded it up just a tad.
#28 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
:

But seriously, there is a community of people in my neighborhood. The Twelve Tribes. All healthy, organic, WAP people, yk? No vaxes and such. A good friend of mine was a member for some time and we talked about the autism connection. They have tribes all over the world and talk frequently and such and really know the general ongoings w/other members worldwide. She knows of 2 autistic cases. TWO.

So maybe I could recruit some of them for a fecal donation, I'm sure they would help me out, we are on friendly terms and all, and then Jane and I wouldn't have to do that whole kidnapping thing....
NO kidnapping!

Will pay handsomely for never vaxed, never abx, raised on bf'ing/raw milk poop!

Yes there is a 12 Tribes group in Plymouth, MA too.... hmmm....
#29 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilie
I am sure ds hasencopresis....
I am so sad for him,.... I am addressing this is a whole new way ASAP.
Thanks so much...
Emilie
See this link http://www.enzymestuff.com/rtencopresis.htm
#30 of 861 Old 08-01-2006, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate
RE: Yeast

For those of you who are battling yeast, here's a very interesting link.
Read on the front page under "About Me" and at the bottom is a picture of what it can look like in the stool.

I'm posting this because I swear dd2 has had these before and I just thought they were undigested grapes. ( I cut them into tiny little pieces for her since she only has a few teeth.)

YIKES! Looks like we're dealing w/this form of yeast.

Here's the link:
http://www.sashasrecovery.com/about_me.html

That reminds me of something else that was recommended in something I read as "fun" to do with poop testing. Put in strainer and flush water over to wash it and see what is left. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page