Chronic Illness - Support Group - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 04-11-2003, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My counselor is always stressing that cortisol and lactic acid are two of the BIGGEST stress hormones.
the more stressed =more and more cortisol.
I know there are diseases out there that increase it too.
But I wonder if the more you feel like crap,the more depressed you get and stressed because you can't do what you once used to it might increase it
And for you too being the one dealing with everything on the plate by yourself

((HUGGS)))
#32 of 33 Old 04-13-2003, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

My dh's doctor's theory is that it's like his car is revving up in neutral and that he just needs to shift it into gear and then it'll speed like the wind. (She's great -- I'm so pleased that he finally found someone who listens to him, offers new suggestions every time he sees her, and generally keeps him going.) He hasn't yet done the test to see if he has Cushing's, a disease of ultra-high cortisol levels, but he's planning to and the urine sample container (size of a small carboy!!) has been kicking around the house, literally.

I've had a GREAT few days. The snow is finally melting away with a few warm days in a row. I spent one day walking around downtown, going to my favourite places with dd. I took her to a fantastic chinese bakery and we ate pastries on the street, then went to a cheese shop where she helped me taste everything before I bought it. It was soul-filling. Yesterday we spent most of the day outside, and I even had an hour to myself while my mum took dd for a walk -- I spent it cutting new fabric for diapers for dd and listening to the radio... very relaxing.

Thank goodness for the good days. I'm trying to keep them all in line. DH and I are still having a hard time together, but we keep talking and trying to work it out. It's hard to have two people living in a house who are there most of the time... I love him dearly, but sometimes I wish he's just find somewhere else to spend his time (during the day) for a while.

(that's for the sleep I'm not getting while dd's molars are coming in!)
#33 of 33 Old 04-13-2003, 05:13 PM

Hello everyone! I'm a little late on the uptake here, eh? But I too have an autoimmune disorder that is wreaking havoc with my life and my marriage. I have psoriatic arthritis and possible but as yet undiagnosed CFIDS.

For years my husband was also very unsympathetic. It was all in my head, ya know? Well now he's a little better because he can see me working my hardest to find a solution, or at least a partial solution.

I recently came accross some websights that have got me very excited about the possibility of recovery. I haven't got all my ducks in a row yet, as I haven't found the kind of practitioner I'm looking for, but I have hope that I may soon. I'm already feeling somewhat better because of a Candida program I have started.

Now, I know that when some of you look at these websights, you may think it's all a bunch of hogwash, but keep your mind open and keep reading. I thought it was nuts at first too, but it's working!

www.naet.com

www.jmt-jaffmeltechnique.com

www.robertamittman.com/jmt.html

-On the Roberta Mittman websight, check out the article on mycoplasmas especially. That one was really intriguing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page