Healing the Gut in September - Page 20 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#571 of 591 Old 10-01-2006, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, GF, we need a pic *without* a hat and sunglasses.

Nolansmum, your name reminds me of my cousin named Nola who is a wispy sort, pretty and thin. I just always picture her when I see your name. She is a pianist.

Hope to see some pics tomorrow! We can play some more guessing games then. I want to get on Patty and AmyD. Can't leave them out.
#572 of 591 Old 10-01-2006, 11:04 PM

I was gone and missed the fun.

I am a vocalist. In another life I sang Opera.
I also teach voice lessons.
I have taught Montessori as well as ESL and GED classes.
Oh and I was in ministry for several years.

I'm not very visual so I don't really picture anyone any particular way.

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#573 of 591 Old 10-01-2006, 11:10 PM

Patty-Opera, And Montessori, very cool! My DH is in the orchestra for the Kennedy Center Opera. I bet you have a stage presense, maybe dark luscious hair?

We create our own reality.
#574 of 591 Old 10-01-2006, 11:12 PM

I hide behind my son's name here but my name is Beth.

#575 of 591 Old 10-01-2006, 11:13 PM

The ministry?!?!?!? I never would have guessed! We have some very musical people here.
#576 of 591 Old 10-01-2006, 11:18 PM

Beth-blondish?
#577 of 591 Old 10-01-2006, 11:20 PM

Well, yes through highlights. One of my last areas of chemical addiction.

#578 of 591 Old 10-01-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum View Post
Patty-Opera, And Montessori, very cool! My DH is in the orchestra for the Kennedy Center Opera. I bet you have a stage presense, maybe dark luscious hair?
Very cool! I do have dark hair (that has been know to go red ) Not sure about luscious though.

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#579 of 591 Old 10-01-2006, 11:29 PM

Gosh, I would love to see pis of y'all. : Fun reading about everyone. Since kids I have become a massage therapist.

Saw my acupuncturist today after not for a while. He says the mass I had in my abdomin is pretty much gone. Yeah! I do feel that my stomach stuff has gotten much better. However, it still swells up after I eat and tends to be progressive during the day. By night it is basically distended from under my ribs to my pelvis. By morning, it is usually just the the lower abdomin, like a really big pot belly. He told me to do situps. : Like this is from age and the postpartum belly. Well, some of that might be true, but I don't think that it is all there is to it. I am just hoping that as I continue to get better, it will go away. Now if I could figure out how to lose the 10 lbs I put on since all this started.
#580 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Force View Post
Is there technology now for a group chat with video? Can you see having your screen open with fifteen different video streams from each person in the chat? It would be a group video teleconference. It must be out there, just maybe not all that accessible to us yet. I wouldn't even know how to do a video chat with one person.
yes. it's called "AccessGrid" and most universities have it. because of the bandwidth required for streaming video, i doubt it would be a pleasant experience without the joys of Internet2.

as for one-on-one video chat, Apple has made that pretty simple stupid with their newer iMacs and such - the last round of 'puters have a teeny camera staring you in the face. and then they also beefed up the software offerings to power and control the lil sucker.

there is real-time group text chat - it's called IRC, Internet Relay Chat, an ancient technology that predates AIM, Yahoo chat and the others. that's what we use at work to keep in touch with the other labs in our center (which is dispersed between 2 buildings and 7 locations - some center, eh?). dh and i "met" running IRC servers many many moons ago.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#581 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 12:53 AM

ff--you're pretty close, although my hair is medium brown and I always wear it up, it is longish and straight. I wear contacts, not glasses, whoever guessed that, and I'm pretty tall (almost 5'9") and very very skinny right at the moment. This is interesting I didn't really visualize anybody, although sometimes I form impressions about people's personalities.

I used to write kid's stories, although I never tried to publish anything and haven't written much of anything for a long time. I play the piano reasonably well. I love to do artsy-craftsy stuff (sewing, scrapbooking, cross-stitch, that sort of thing). And I used to be a police officer in another (pre-marriage and motherhood) life...if you met me in person you'd never guess that (I'm very quiet)
#582 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 02:16 AM

I used to test software, before that I was a temp worker doing all kinds of stuff, including phone canvassing, working at a car rental agency, and the EPA. I was also homeless for almost a year. I am pretty slim now, but for a long time I was a bit chubby. Breastfeeding fixed that, LOL. I have shoulder length light brown hair and I'm about 5'8".

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#583 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 04:14 AM

Is there an October thread? I can't find it...

Samantha, Mama to Elizabeth, September 24, 2004
#584 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 10:05 AM

Hey-good question...
#585 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 11:52 AM

I would LOVE to see pictures! Maybe someone can post some for others.

I am 5'4", medium length brown hair, hazel eyes, fair skin, and weigh a lot. I used to weigh a lot plus ten. Lately I've been afraid to weigh, so it's anybody's guess. I need firefaery's husband's help. Actually, I really just need to work on a diet but just get too busy with other things to focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Okay, GF, we need a pic *without* a hat and sunglasses.
Yes, and a full length photo. Oh, but I haven't taken one of those for over a year. : I'll post a new one in a week or so.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#586 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 12:28 PM

Gale Force-California is the mecca for his style of training. We're going to be out there for a certification in a couple of months (he is for sure, I'm working really hard to be able to do it too. I have a bit to go.) I'm sure he'd be happy to come tell you to lift stuff for the week we'll be there!
#587 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 01:05 PM

I worked with a trainer before Frederick was born and I was so muscular. It disturbs me how much I lost in all of those crazy years and then with the thyroid crash, it was all over. I was chunky and muscular before, then just chunky, then just fat. I am trying to work on an exercise program at home since I get to town at most once a week.

So where in California are you going?

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#588 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 01:41 PM

The main "homebase" is in the Santa Cruz area, but there are certifications in San Diego and Vista as well. We would both like to do the Santa Cruz space as we'd like to meet the people we've been talking to. We are waiting for Jan/Feb/March to be scheduled. He's like to go in December, but I don't think I'll be ready for that. I think I'm aiming for late Jan. early Feb. Works out anyway-if they were hosting one in Santa Cruz before the end of the year he'd be going for sure without me!
#589 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 02:56 PM

#590 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 02:58 PM

Here's the October thread.

Oops - I see there already is one!
#591 of 591 Old 10-02-2006, 03:00 PM

Okay Annikate! You are so adorable together!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page