How much Spotting is Normal after IUD removal?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-17-2006, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well the short of the long is that I went to have my IUD removed on Tuesday by the midwife. She couldn't find it, but did lots of poking around so I spotted a little. Wednesday I went to my OB and he did a pap smear and was able to find and retrieve my IUD who's strings had slid up into my uterus. It was VERY uncomfortable since he basically had to search all around my uterus for it.

I had spotting Wednesday and a little bit on Thursday. Friday morning dh and I did the deed and I started spotting again. Friday afternoon I worked out and the spotting got worse and was fresh looking since it was red. All day Saturday it was just brown spotting which I figured was a good sign. However today, Sunday, it's back to red and there's a lot more of it. It's like a period flow now and I've had to go from using panty liners to using an actual pad. Is this normal?? I realize they did a lot of poking around so it might be. Also dh is wondering if it's just turned into a period because of maybe my hormones switching around and stuff due to having the IUD taken out (which was the Mirena, the hormonal one, btw). I'm not due for a period...I had one about 2.5 weeks ago. Any thoughts? I'm not cramping or anything like that. I did the first day and that was it. I've been really tired but I'm not sure it's related.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#2 of 3 Old 09-18-2006, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone?

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#3 of 3 Old 09-18-2006, 01:04 AM

I just had mine pulled a week ago and had no bleeding. But your situation sounds a little different. I also had a miscarriage in the week prior to getting it taken out (yes, I got pregnant with the IUD in me). So, I bled for a whole week before getting it out. Not sure if it's normal. But I wish you luck in TTC! We are also TTC!

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page