Black Phlegm - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 08-01-2011, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Go see a doctor. Internet is good place to start your research but you need a professional to be diagnosed and treated.

Causes of black phlegm can be very serious. You need a doctor

• Smoking marijuana, cigarettes, cocaine or other substances. It is not possible to reliably say, if someone is smoking marijuana or cigarettes on the basis of the smoker mucus color. A smoker who has quit smoking may cough up mucus (black or other colors) for several days or weeks after quitting (4).
  • Air pollution
  • Coal workers pneumoconiosis or anthrosilicosis (black lung disease)
  • Fungal (mold) lung infection, like allergic broncopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA), causing bronciectasis (3)
  • Old blood (5) from COPD (bronchitis or emphysema), tuberculosis, cancer or other bronchial or pulmonary disorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel camps25 View Post

i am a smoker and have been for 10 years. i have not gone to a doctor about this, but here i noticed something odd. whenever i wake up, my lungs feel heavy and painful. i expectorate the same clear phlegm spotted with black tar-like pockets. i feel weak. i run out of breath easy. in my case, it can't be eyeliner since...well i'm a man. it's been years since i had the black spotted phlegm and just want to know what it really is.

#32 of 42 Old 08-03-2011, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel camps25 View Post

i am a smoker and have been for 10 years. i have not gone to a doctor about this, but here i noticed something odd. whenever i wake up, my lungs feel heavy and painful. i expectorate the same clear phlegm spotted with black tar-like pockets. i feel weak. i run out of breath easy. in my case, it can't be eyeliner since...well i'm a man. it's been years since i had the black spotted phlegm and just want to know what it really is.

You're a smoker and you can't figure out why black junk is coming out of you?!

Bring back the old MDC
#33 of 42 Old 12-29-2011, 03:09 PM

I suffer from the same thing.. I don't smoke, i have never smoked in my life, and i have never smoked pot or crack or anything, i'm only 16. It's only happened to me about 3 times so far, and the thing is, i DON'T wear liquid eyeliner... My step dad thinks i should see a doctor, seeing as i have never smoked or anything and i am coughing up mucus with big black streaks through it. I'm a little paranoid myself, and i don't want to think that i'm dying or anything D:

#34 of 42 Old 02-01-2012, 06:31 PM

there are nasty toxins in cosmetics that are unhealthy and unsafe. they seep in one way or another...

"For example, more than 1 in 5 personal care products contain chemicals linked to cancer, 80 percent contain ingredients that commonly contain hazardous impurities, and 56 percent contain penetration enhancers that help deliver ingredients deeper into the skin." -http://safecosmetics.org/article.php?list=type&type=29

#35 of 42 Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 AM

Is that something to be concerned about though?

#36 of 42 Old 03-18-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyAnne View Post

Now I'm worried.  I have the same thick clear phlegm filled with black dots but I haven't used any amkeup for over 25 years. Sorry I can't edit this. d     blma

When I first read this thread, I was thinking "could be mold" because I have heard of people with mold colonies living (and thriving!) in their sinus cavities.  Yuck! :(

I have this problem when I wear a particular brand of eyeliner- the loreal kohl PENCIL kind.  It can happen with pencil as well! :)

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#37 of 42 Old 03-21-2012, 04:54 AM

I get this all the time!  I was just going to suggest this, but I wanted to read through the posts first. 
When i first saw it my immediate reaction was, "DEATHHHH!"  until I noticed I only got it on the days I wore makeup.  lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post

You guys are not going to believe this.

It's liquid eyeliner. When you get liquid eyeliner in your eye, it kind of spreads and gets back into your sinuses.

And I was scared

Just wanted to post in case this happened to anyone else!!!

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

#38 of 42 Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 AM

I am not a smoker or have any other disease that I know of and have had this problem for probably 15 years. Just starting to wonder about what it is. Noticing that the mucus encapuslating it is usually thicker than usual. I have never brought this up to a doctor but just now wondering about doing so and saw this information. I don't wear liquid eye liner but do where jell eyeliner and do put a pencil on the inside of my bottom lids at time. So this is possible. Did you ever get results from your doctor on what you had tested?

#39 of 42 Old 04-18-2012, 12:51 PM

Hai can know whAt it really is ..coz I feel the same ...can u help me ..
BY hearing this I am getting frustrated...
#40 of 42 Old 06-03-2012, 07:29 AM

What if you don't wear black liquid liner?? Ask a Dr. bout that one....Im hoping its just im really good at clearing things out of my system lol

#41 of 42 Old 11-04-2013, 07:10 AM

Well Im having the same issue. I have mucus with some threads of black phlegm. I do wear eyeliner but i use pencil eyeliner. However, I always get the next morning I always get black remains in my eyes. Could my black phlegm also be caused by using black eyeliner?

#42 of 42 Old 05-15-2014, 10:13 AM

I have this now it's black and gray strings and specks in clear or milky snot it only comes from my nose. Sometimes there is a little blood in my snot and it's dry. I had a sore throat before this and I have a lot of mucus in my throat. It is not hard for me to breath nor have I ever smoked weed or nicotine. I do however wear very heavy liquid black eyeliner. This has been going on for two days and it is giving me really bad anxiety. Please I need to know if I have to do to the doctor?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page