do you think there is any way - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-25-2006, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i can get them to do a free tummy tuck on me? i have to get my gall bladder out. i swore to myself that if i ever went under the knife again i would get a tummy tuck too. are there charity organizations that help people do this? i am seriously seriously affected by my belly. i have never had such low body image, or felt the need to hide a part of my body. i am not married any more, and i have recently had to bear the disappointed reaction of a man i am sort of dating, seeing it. it looks VERY bad, i am not exaggerating. i am skinny, and my belly never went back after PG so it is just shriveled and horrible. i would do anything to get it fixed. i have to go under anesthesia anyways. i find surgery to be too dangerous to just go do it ONLY for the tummy tuck.

i know i will find a special someone who will not care what my belly looks like, but really. its a huge hinderance, i really hate it. I hate it for ME. i miss my old belly. i dont want to look down and feel 80 every day. i think it is really lame that my body might ruin the chances of me ever having a sex life again, anyways. i dont really blame anyone for thier involuntary reactions. it is simply unappealing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2006, 10:17 PM

don't they usually take galbladders out laproscopically?

if so, it would require a lot more cutting to do a tummy tuck.

but
I hear you on the post-baby belly. I am down to 114 lbs, and I still have that little empty pooch :
Old 09-25-2006, 10:25 PM

Yeah, I think gall bladder surgery is very non-invasive, and a tummy tuck would likely require more, well... invasion.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Banned

I always wanted to be a surgeon.....
Old 09-25-2006, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

i weigh 112 right now. and its not a little empty pooch. it is like a shrivled wrinkled scary baloon.

but i just went and looked up tummy tucks and they gross me out. yes, the gall bladder thing is laproscopic. i just fivure i would be under anesthesia anyways.

i dunno.

when i was married, my dh would say " but i know our baby came from there, so i think it is beautiful" . he didnt care. now i have to get through the idea of someone who i didnt have that baby with feeling just as OK with it.

maybe tummy tucks are a bad idea though.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf View Post
i weigh 112 right now. and its not a little empty pooch. it is like a shrivled wrinkled scary baloon.

but i just went and looked up tummy tucks and they gross me out. yes, the gall bladder thing is laproscopic. i just fivure i would be under anesthesia anyways.

i dunno.

when i was married, my dh would say " but i know our baby came from there, so i think it is beautiful" . he didnt care. now i have to get through the idea of someone who i didnt have that baby with feeling just as OK with it.

maybe tummy tucks are a bad idea though.
to you, sincerely, but do you really want a guy who can only see your skin as a measure of your beauty. TO me, he is missing out, and to me also, if you are gonna find him in bar, maybe you have lowered your expectations and he's a lucky a$$hole, and really, you got one a$$ in yer pants, why does it need company?!!!!

eta: not sayin you barhop or would, but I've watched many a drunken single 30-40 something in my 20's. I seem to think I know how they operate and why they are there. And it is an easy place to meet folk. and why am I talking about bars when you aren't????? eeeeek (no, I don't go to them, either.) Again
Old 09-25-2006, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Maybe wear a girdle type thingie when you go on dates?

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 09-25-2006, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Esquandolas View Post
to you, sincerely, but do you really want a guy who can only see your skin as a measure of your beauty. TO me, he is missing out, and to me also, if you are gonna find him in bar, maybe you have lowered your expectations and he's a lucky a$$hole, and really, you got one a$$ in yer pants, why does it need company?!!!!

eta: not sayin you barhop or would, but I've watched many a drunken single 30-40 something in my 20's. I seem to think I know how they operate and why they are there. And it is an easy place to meet folk. and why am I talking about bars when you aren't????? eeeeek (no, I don't go to them, either.) Again

i think i love you
Old 09-25-2006, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

it doesnt stick out noticably under my clothes. so i dont need a girdle. i am talking about an inctance where the clothes came off. thats the problem.

but i dont plan on picking up guys in bars. thats not the plan.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
it doesnt stick out noticably under my clothes. so i dont need a girdle. i am talking about an inctance where the clothes came off. thats the problem.

but i dont plan on picking up guys in bars. thats not the plan.
Helllooo! That is what those ....thingies are for ....I'll find a pic...These!
So, you look sexy but without showing any belly!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:59 PM

ohh and they are crotchless - it never has to come off :

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 09-25-2006, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
THAT is my kind of lingerie!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
split cups, too...hey, I didn't know Frederick's made nursing lingerie! :

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't want the person taking out my gallbladder to do anything remotely like a tummy tuck on me....if I were to ever do that only a board-certified plastics person is doing it!

How old is your child? Maybe time will help things tighten up?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

he is 4 and a half.

i dont think so.

my other option is to simply get reallyt fat and fill that skin back up. i have seriously considered it. this whole gall bladder ilness has REALLY made me miss eating.

ok , off to look at the sexy girdle thingie.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:16 AM

two thoughts:

maybe when your tummy isn't upset from g-bladder problems, you will gain a little weight and fill out the area?

and - if your surgeon is not planning on doing a lap-chole, you need to get a second opinion. (so, if you are having it done via lap, no, I don't see a chance in hades for your dreams of having a t-tuck thrown in, lol).

love the teddy, btw very cute.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:37 AM

double post
Old 09-26-2006, 05:38 AM

I have the same kind of belly you've described. I wish I had the guts to just show it off in public so that other women would show theirs off in public and it wouldn't seem so shocking. I never see bellies like mine because everyone hides them. And it makes it so much harder to come to terms with something that feels almost like a disfiguring scar sometimes. Just comiserating here .

I looked up plastic surgery once and it made me completely depressed and also disgusted with cosmetic surgery as a business. But I have now comes to terms with my belly more than ever before. Age helps. as we grow older and are attracted to older people, I think our expectations of specific beauty standards change to reflect our growing wisdom. The same should hold true for anyone we get together with right? Maybe you'd look silly with a 65 yr old body/face and the tummy of an 18 yr old and then you'd have to go and get plastc surgery everywhere to match. How not fun would that be? Then you'd need to get your teeth bleached, and your hair dyed every two weeks, your eyebrows plucked, your lips pumped, your toenails done, and then your nose would cave in.

Quote:
my other option is to simply get reallyt fat and fill that skin back up. i have seriously considered it. this whole gall bladder ilness has REALLY made me miss eating.
I've gained some weight and it has actually helped with some of the saggy wrinkles. I like it much better!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:14 AM

Please post in Health and Healing.

User Tag List