Baby ate a magnet! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 4 Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter
 
twins10705's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
.
twins10705 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 4 Old 09-26-2006, 07:34 PM
 
sbgrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh no--it is so hard isn't it--especially with two. We had our share of stuff.
Here is the thing. Magnents are dangerous. It isn't the magnent itself but if you get two pieces they can connect and cause a blockage. Actually, one of our therapists clients was seriously hurt that way. And it would take a while to know. Since it is possible that it was bit into two or something I really think I would go to the dr. I would be scared not too.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

sbgrace is offline  
#3 of 4 Old 09-26-2006, 08:41 PM
 
Metasequoia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the village
Posts: 5,637
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's why those magnetic toys were recalled, someones child ate two & well, it wasn't good.

OP, I think if your baby just ate one piece, it's probably okay, I would be VERY careful about magnets in the future & check the poops until you find the magnet piece. Fun, huh?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Metasequoia is offline  
#4 of 4 Old 09-26-2006, 08:56 PM
 
Elyra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ate a magnet when I was child. It was one of the letter magnets, the letter "T". Anyway, I was just fine. They did do several scans and I had to drink some really nasty stuff and all that jazz. I only swallowed one and I think they were concerned since I ate the whole magnet and it's size and shape. It wouldn't hurt to take your little one in, but it maybe ok once you get it checked out.

My mom ended up having to go through all of my poo until she found it several days later so keep a look out for it, but I would probably take your little one in to get it checked out.
Elyra is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off