Healing the Gut Tribe-October - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I wouldn't take out the S fats either. How about olive oil? Did you use a lot of that?
We use a lot of olive oil, and cook with it sometimes. My mom is afraid of the coconut oil because she has high bp and is afraid of the sat. fat I guess. I was wondering if our olive oil is turning into something bad when we cook with it.

Quote:
Will your dcs eat avocados?
Yep, we just had them in a salad for tonights dinner.

Quote:
Can you afford a DAN doctor?
We can't afford one at this time, and we'd have to travel far to get to one
#242 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache View Post
Pardon this vent:

I hate feeling like my dd is a fragile, breakable piece of fine china. I hate being paranoid that her grandparents are going to give her something she's allergic to (just a "little lick of whipped cream": ). I'm stressed about what to feed her, wondering whether or not she'll take the supplements, trying to decide if she's too small, and whether or not I should take her to a doctor. Wondering if dh and I will ever have a night out alone again because I can't trust another person to watch her, not even family which sucks.
to you mama. I often have the same feelings. Lately I've been reading "Excuse me Your Life is Waiting," by Lynn Grabhorn, and she basically says that by focusing on what you don't want (illness, poverty, sadness), you get more of the same, and that if you focus on what you do want (joy, love, laughter, abundance) you will get more of that, if you truly feel the experience of joy and happiness and feel yourself getting the things you want. Easier said than done for me, I am not a good positive thinker (although she would say you don't think it, you feel it). Bleh.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#243 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 12:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestbirths View Post
Yes, we tried kefir. I couldn't get the children to eat it. It was too sour. How much honey are you adding to 1 T of kefir to make it palatable? Then, I killed the kefir we had. I have a couple rennet tablets someone gave me and said I could make my own kefir again from that. I don't know how to do that. Now that we know she is sick though, we will try harder to make the kefir taste better.
I agree with GaleForce - don't let it ferment for so long. I change mine every 24 hours, but that gives quite a sour kefir (good pucker power!). I have to let it ferment a long time because casein and I don't get along.

I like a tbsp or 2 of maple syrup in an 8 oz glass. My dh has a really sweet tooth (all that sweet southern tea he grew up on) - he puts in about 1/4 c of honey in our 10 (or 12) oz glasses. haha - he doesn't waste his time drinking from the small glasses!

xenabyte posted a LOT of kefir drink recipes - check out http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=203282 for some ideas.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#244 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 12:34 AM

Patty, what kinds of supplements did he order for the parasite? Or did he not think you needed to treat it? I have heard there aren't really any safe supplements for parasites while BFing. Is that not true?

I would love some kefir grains, if someone has some to offer. I have been considering kefir for quite a while, and feel ready to try it now.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#245 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
Would you mind telling what he recommended for you and what the cost is? I've only glanced at the website but it looks interesting...especially if it works for you!
For dd he recomended goldenseal and pao d'arco. I didn't get those from his website. Also pleursy root. I don't have that yet.

For me he recomended Nu Zareba, Nu Ease, Nu Toward and Nu Radix. Those plus Dh's chromium and cranberry (2 months worth of everything) came to about $130. (I don't remember exactly.) You have to phone the company who makes them to order.

It would really depend on what is wrong with you what he would recomend though. I was blown away that he said that dd has staf. I never would have guessed that one and haven't really been doing anything to address bacterial infection, just candida.

I do still need to check on the safety for bfing on all of these. (I did tell him I was bfing but I always check on safety and just haven't yet).

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#246 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestbirths View Post
We use a lot of olive oil, and cook with it sometimes. My mom is afraid of the coconut oil because she has high bp and is afraid of the sat. fat I guess. I was wondering if our olive oil is turning into something bad when we cook with it.
i doubt that... olive oil has a pretty high smoke point. check out http://www.oliveoilsource.com/olive_oil_smoke_point.htm for more info.

your mom shouldn't be afraid of the saturated fat - get Bruce Fife's book on coconut oil (the title escapes me right now) to convince her otherwise. Or have her read "Eat Fat Lose Fat" by Fallon and Enig.

i just read something disturbing about how, on average, our intake of omega-6 fatty acids are almost 2 orders of magnitude higher than they ought to be - requiring us to take in 3500 mg or so per day of omega-3 fatty acids to offset that intake. yikes. http://newsletter.vitalchoice.com/index000146521.cfm for more details.

#247 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Bestbirths-- I'm sorry you're having so many issues with your kids. Have you seen any improvements in any of them while on the SCD? It doesn't work for everyone, so if it's not helping you I definitely would switch to something else.
Yk, I have noticed an improvement for me. My stamina has increased, I am no longer heat intolerant and can use the sauna. The children complain complain complain. The oldest craves bread, and wakes up every morning saying there is nothing to eat, and woe is her, she wants a donut and if she can't get one, she's pissing and moaning about it, saying how much she hates the diet. The other kids wish we could go back to gluten and casein free because at least then, they could have cakes. They complain about missing pizza and ice cream and say they hate the diet. They won't tell me if they are having health improvements. I would say though. They look less healthy. Maybe we haven't been doing the diet the right way though. I can listen to them, but not the negativity...kwim? My one thin son craves meat, like asks for beef jerky. I used to give him bacon 3 or 4 times a week. One thing I did notice is after 3 months on SCD, when we introduced sweet potatoe it was like christmas. We introduced quinoa and they ate it. We introduced oatmeal this morning and the oldest who is always complaining about being hungry was the only one who ate it. The others picked at it and didn't finish. I could mix some enzymes in their food more.

Quote:
What are you referring to as an Eastern diet? A macrobiotic diet?
Well, kind of. We'd tried macro before and dh had horrible headache dieoffs and had to stop about a month into it. The book I've been reading "Healing with whole foods", as well as our accupunturist is very much the low oil, no red meat kind of mindset. I understand now that it is two different schools of thought. I know I want to believe that the traditional diets are the best ones, because that is what we like.

Quote:
Regardless of what diet you're following, can you get more fatty foods into your skinny kids? Coconut oil in everything, full fat dairy if they can tolerate it, butter, cream, etc. And can you put your DD with rheumatoid arthritis on a different diet so you can monitor what causes her to react more easily?
I was going to try lard...thinking yk...lard would fatten them up. I just read that store bought lard is rendered with hydrogonated oils. I hope to find some fat that I could render myself. I had bought the lard from the store before reading this and added it to some oatmeal for them this morning. One child tried a little and said she didn't like it. She said, "I'm never eating oatmeal again because I don't like how it makes me feel too full"...um ok. I realized we didn't get the whole oats and soak them. So maybe that's the problem. It was McCanns oats though, and they are supposed to be the best. I will try adding coconut oil to their foods and full fat dairy. I have some half and half, it's not raw but regular. Maybe I could mix it with carob and honey for the thin ones. Or raw goat milk. The funny thing is carob is like heaven to them now...

Yes...for example I could give real bacon to the thin ones and turkey bacon to the one with RA...unless traditional diets still believe that full on red meat is the best for RA... The whole red meat thing is confusing to me. Is the avoiding red meat for RA incorrect like the sat. fat info. is incorrect? Just to eat white meat, or to go ahead and eat red meat when they say no red meat or dairy for arthritis. I have taken out the cheese out of the diet and nuts almost completely out of the diet for the child with RA. But we cheat away from her with this, so I could go back to giving the thin ones cheese, but only if the JA child doesn't find out. She will cry if someone eats good stuff she can't have in front of her.

JA child gets 1000 to 2000 mg of C a day.

Quote:
The book "Root Canal Cover-Up" which is based on Dr. Price's research says that people with rheumatoid arthritis tend to show bone loss, which means their blood level of ionic calcium is too high. He found that arthritis could be reversed if the blood ratio of calcium to phosphorus was corrected (should be 2.5:1 calcium to phosphorus). The book doesn't mention magnesium but her calcium:magnesium balance could be off, also. Can you get a blood test for mineral levels?
Hmm. I will have to wait a long while to afford it. I'm tapped from chelating our oldest child and remodeling...still paying on dh's surgery from last year. Worst possible time for a health crisis...as usual... Her hair test shows ca/p 3.56 on a range of 1-12. She has aluminum in her hair test and I read that aluminum inhibits calcium absorption. Possible trigger for sarcoidosis, which I think is related to RA. So, lets just say for the sake of saving a couple hundred bucks that she does have a calcium absorption problem...or something is blocking calcium absorption...what would the treatments be?

My gut says definately...It is a problem with calcium. Plus maybe viral and food allergy related.

Quote:
I seem to remember reading a post in the Nutrition forum about someone whose arthritis greatly improved while drinking kombucha (I don't remember what type of arthritis, though). I think kefir would also be really good because of the bacteria and yeasts in it. If she can't do dairy you can do water kefirs or coconut milk kefir.
I'm going to try again with kefir...and kombucha is new to me. Where do you buy it?

Thank you for all of this valuable information.
#248 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache View Post
I'm curious to know how Annikate got to see one of them since her dd is not ASD. Tell us, Annikate!
While my dd does not have an ASD diagnosis, she is metal toxic and DAN docs specialize in gut healing and chelation.

They are expensive and not all take insurance etc. (Ours does, but we have to submit it ourselves and they will only pay a portion.) To us, we'll beg, borrow and steal if it means dd will heal completely and *not* get an ASD diagnosis yk? I just feel we're racing against the clock to get her healed.

Many mamas do this themselves with great success. I am not mentally or emotionally strong enough I guess. After all we've been through in the last year and a half it's a wonder I'm still standing. :
#249 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
i doubt that... olive oil has a pretty high smoke point. check out http://www.oliveoilsource.com/olive_oil_smoke_point.htm for more info.

your mom shouldn't be afraid of the saturated fat - get Bruce Fife's book on coconut oil (the title escapes me right now) to convince her otherwise. Or have her read "Eat Fat Lose Fat" by Fallon and Enig.

i just read something disturbing about how, on average, our intake of omega-6 fatty acids are almost 2 orders of magnitude higher than they ought to be - requiring us to take in 3500 mg or so per day of omega-3 fatty acids to offset that intake. yikes. http://newsletter.vitalchoice.com/index000146521.cfm for more details.
Bluets-that's the big arguement against coconut oil...too much omega 6. I have to say I tend to agree...I jsut do my very best to get alot of 3's as I use a bunch of CO.
#250 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Annikate, I haven't talked to anyone that has done this without some kind of help! That would be an enormous undertaking. You're doing so well, mama. Your little one is so lucky to have you.
#251 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
Bluets-that's the big arguement against coconut oil...too much omega 6. I have to say I tend to agree...I jsut do my very best to get alot of 3's as I use a bunch of CO.
I never thought about the omega 6's in CO...I wonder if eating a ton of grass-finished meat & high omega 3 eggs is enough to balance it out. I eat roughly 3/4 lb of meat and 3 eggs a day.
#252 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 11:08 AM

Bestbirths--I know I've read about some things that affect calcium metabolism but I can't remember what right at the moment. If I think of them I'll post them. The stuff I read suggested that RA is due to an excess of calcium, though, not a deficiency

From what I've read you will need to give your DD vitamin C to bowel tolerance in order for it to help her--my 9 month old can take 1000 mg a day without reaching bowel tolerance.
#253 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

RA does tend to be a problem wth calcium, as in excessive calcium in the blood. This can be measured quite easily with a blood draw. Have you done that? Dr. Joel Fuhrman talks alot about this, and he's right on for alot of it-it's just that pesky pH part that's missing. If your body is too acidic it will pull calcium out of the bones and into the blood to buffer it. That is true. Many things can cause this acidic state and the idea is to correct it so the body isn't depleting it's stores constantly. The problem is that everyone in the world (it seems) things that certain foods are the way to do this. I think it is a nutritional problem (as RA is an autoimmune disease) but that different people need different foods to fix it. (anyone tired of hearing about pH levels already? )

A traditional diet is the best course of action regardless for anything...it jsut needs to be tinkered with to suit the needs of the individual. A traditional diet can mean rice, veggies and fish. It can mean red meat, bone broths and sourdough, it can mean beans, chicken and veggies-you get the idea. You need whole foods that are properly prepared. What foods they are (*I *believe) depends on how the kiddo metabolizes them.

For instance, it is my understanding that red meat will ONLY be inflammatory if it is wrong for your body. If it's what your body needs it will actually put you into balance. Does that make sense?
#254 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 11:55 AM

How do I figure out my metabolic type? What about dd?

our family is <>< and :
#255 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 11:59 AM

Quote:
While my dd does not have an ASD diagnosis, she is metal toxic and DAN docs specialize in gut healing and chelation.

They are expensive and not all take insurance etc. (Ours does, but we have to submit it ourselves and they will only pay a portion.) To us, we'll beg, borrow and steal if it means dd will heal completely and *not* get an ASD diagnosis yk? I just feel we're racing against the clock to get her healed.

Many mamas do this themselves with great success. I am not mentally or emotionally strong enough I guess. After all we've been through in the last year and a half it's a wonder I'm still standing. :
I think we all need help. That's why I'm on this thread!

Annikate, forgive me if you've already shared this, but do you have any idea how your dd became metal toxic?

And I totally know what you mean about racing against an ASD diagnosis. I researched vaccines years ago with my first child. I became interested in ASD and the relation to vaxes, environmental toxins, etc. We ultimately decided to delay and selective vax, not starting until our kids were over 3 years old. Anyway, I thank God everyday that I had the inclination to research all of that because if my baby who has these gut problems had been routinely vaxed, I believe she could definitely have ended up on the spectrum somewhere.
#256 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

THere are metabolic typing test you can take. I think it's very helpful for adults, and the lower end cut off is (I think) 3 years. You can also try to measure her pH and adjust her diet to get it where it needs to be. IF your dd eats a ton os meat, eggs and dairy and is neutral, she's a protein type. If she lives off of fruits and veggies and is pH neutral she's more likely to be a carb type...and of course there are many variations in between. It also about being neutral (for health) and alkaline for the killing of things like yeast.
#257 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Annikate, I haven't talked to anyone that has done this without some kind of help! That would be an enormous undertaking. You're doing so well, mama. Your little one is so lucky to have you.

Thanks ff.
#258 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 02:53 PM

Hi, we are learning about enzyme therapy...dd is 3 years old and we are currently doing a gf diet. It's exhausting and now we're finding other culprits too. Elimination of the offending foods only seems to improve the situation but not entirely. She has symptoms of leaky gut and I'm starting to believe that is the cause of her food intolerances, instead of the other way around. She's had very frequent and very loose stools for as long as I can remember, but now she also suffers mood swings, hyperactivity, dark circles around her eyes, restlessness, rashes/eczema, gas pain, etc...
While reading all the threads, I didn't see very many references to enzyme therapy so I'm curious to get some feedback. I'd love to hear your stories if you've tried enzymes, even if they didn't work for your situation.
I'm reading Enzymes for Autism and feeling pretty optimistic about it. I just ordered some from Houston Nat. Inc. and I'm pretty anxious to get dd started on them.

Thanks!
#259 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 04:41 PM

I just took two metabolic typing tests. Both came out clearly protein type for me. DD has always craved meat, fats and the like. She eats her veggies well but not like meat (most of the time). I think she is probably a protein type as well. She also is very similar to me emotionally and that seems to be part of it as well.

our family is <>< and :
#260 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Wolcott and Kelly have both written that most kiddos are protein types.
#261 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 05:42 PM

Im looking for recommendations. Dont I want to take around 20,000 mg of vit A, but not more than 1000mg vit D? So if I got a CLO brand with 5000mg A/200mg D per 1/2 tsp and took 1 tsp, Id only be getting 10,000 vit A. How much is *optimal*? How much do you take? Thanks!

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#262 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 05:58 PM

Quote:
RA does tend to be a problem wth calcium, as in excessive calcium in the blood. This can be measured quite easily with a blood draw. Have you done that? Dr. Joel Fuhrman talks alot about this, and he's right on for alot of it-it's just that pesky pH part that's missing. If your body is too acidic it will pull calcium out of the bones and into the blood to buffer it. That is true. Many things can cause this acidic state and the idea is to correct it so the body isn't depleting it's stores constantly. The problem is that everyone in the world (it seems) things that certain foods are the way to do this. I think it is a nutritional problem (as RA is an autoimmune disease) but that different people need different foods to fix it. (anyone tired of hearing about pH levels already? )

A traditional diet is the best course of action regardless for anything...it jsut needs to be tinkered with to suit the needs of the individual. A traditional diet can mean rice, veggies and fish. It can mean red meat, bone broths and sourdough, it can mean beans, chicken and veggies-you get the idea. You need whole foods that are properly prepared. What foods they are (*I *believe) depends on how the kiddo metabolizes them.

For instance, it is my understanding that red meat will ONLY be inflammatory if it is wrong for your body. If it's what your body needs it will actually put you into balance. Does that make sense?

Yes, this makes sense. Maybe if she is to acidic her body is pulling calcium from her bones...I haven't done the above test but I do have ph urine test strips and asked dd to lmk when she has to pee next. Wouldn't the milk diet make sense then? Or just provide her with as many sips of RGM as she would like during the day?

So, generally what would be the ways to alkalize a body with traditional foods, depending upon the person?? Without a test is there a way to figure this out?...dd likes fruit, juice and cheese, and chicken, but she likes red meat too, she loves nuts. We had taken the nuts, nightshades, cheese and red meat out of her diet. I read some weston price and decided to give some raw goat milk a go. She loved the glass of raw goat milk I made her with 1 T carob and 1 T raw honey in it this am. This am we had a bone broth soup with a spoonful of CO added to make them fatter.

Found my kefir...in a glob in a glass jar in the fridge...ok...what is the deglobbing method for the kefir...rinse?....add milk reuse?...or can I make water kefir out of it by adding water? I know maybe I'll read that got kefir thread too.

btw...goat yogurt is in the oven...so is it true that instead of 24 hours, if I just leave it in for 8 or 10 it won't be as sour?

I read that goat milk might help RA...the milk diet....hey isn't THAT 160 degree's from what other's say about avoiding dairy for RA?...Goats are not producing much in our area, so if we attempted a raw milk diet, it would have to be with supplementing with some raw cow milk. I don't see why she couldn't have dairy though, she's completely neurotypical as far as that, no learning disabilities or adhd, or asperger's.
#263 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 06:10 PM

annikate - you mentioned that cradle cap is a sign of metal toxicity. got a reference? i recall that firefaery said it was a sign of food allergy/intolerance. i'm confused.

ds has cradle cap that is clearing up. if it is food allergy, then i understand where it came from and why it is clearing up. if it is metal toxicity, then i'm at a loss as to why he got it in the first place - i don't have a mouthful of metals, just one little itty bitty composite (tooth-colored) filling. my mercury levels (according to hair analysis) are just fine and his lead levels are well below danger level.

he does occasionally have dark circles. they are much better of late since i reduced our wheat (and often gluten) intake at home but i can't easily reduce it further at daycare or he'll starve (it's a vegetarian daycare with a no-nut policy). and he already knows that he doesn't eat like the other kids they made pumpkin pudding yesterday with whipping cream and he didn't get the whipping cream. of course, it would be too much for them to just consider restrictions when planning their fun food activities :

for me, it is curious (or maybe not!) that i can maintain a nice weight when i have a low grain intake. the free mercola metabolic typing said that i'm mixed type, but then i usually just eat whatever i'm craving at the time. funny how i usually have seasonal cravings too. right now it's the homemade sauerkraut my mom left with us (which ds loves but dh abhors).

#264 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

I have always heard (from various docs and nutritionists I work with) that it is a food allergy. I would buy that it's just a sign of imbalance that *can* have multiple causes. I haven't ever heard the metal toxicity before though.

bluets-the free test isn't nearly as extensive as the one you pay for : However Mercola said at the last lecture that a great many people come up as mixed on that one. You'd get a better idea if you took the one you pay for (shocking, isn't it?) I use the one in Wolcott's book-The Metabolic Typing Diet. That way I can retake it whenever (as bodies often can change) IT's a good test, if you are interested.

It is true though that in a healthy state you will crave only what you need. I'm jealous!
#265 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 08:06 PM

Hi. I'm lurking and subbing. We just found out about a bunch of food sensitivities my son has and looking into healing his little gut.
#266 of 510 Old 10-18-2006, 08:30 PM

Quote:
annikate - you mentioned that cradle cap is a sign of metal toxicity. got a reference? i recall that firefaery said it was a sign of food allergy/intolerance. i'm confused.
This is what my new DAN doc said the other day when I asked if this was indicitive of yet another food allergy. He said it could be that, could be metals and could be (something else that I don't remember.)

Quote:
ds has cradle cap that is clearing up. if it is food allergy, then i understand where it came from and why it is clearing up. if it is metal toxicity, then i'm at a loss as to why he got it in the first place - i don't have a mouthful of metals, just one little itty bitty composite (tooth-colored) filling. my mercury levels (according to hair analysis) are just fine and his lead levels are well below danger level.
Has he been vaxed at all or had any flu shots? Have you had flu shots while pg. or b'feeding?

Quote:
he does occasionally have dark circles. they are much better of late since i reduced our wheat (and often gluten) intake at home but i can't easily reduce it further at daycare or he'll starve (it's a vegetarian daycare with a no-nut policy). and he already knows that he doesn't eat like the other kids they made pumpkin pudding yesterday with whipping cream and he didn't get the whipping cream. of course, it would be too much for them to just consider restrictions when planning their fun food activities :
Dd's circles will come back immediately with the slightest amount of wheat or gluten.

Interestingly, dd1 gets red under her eyes (like blood vessels) and I *think* that's her way of showing die off but I haven't looked much into this yet.
#267 of 510 Old 10-19-2006, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Has he been vaxed at all or had any flu shots? Have you had flu shots while pg. or b'feeding?
duh. yeah. vaxed to 6 months. cradle cap was manageable and going away at 5 months but then came back with a vengeance around 9 months - right when he got his eczema. eczema cleared up when we quit uncultured dairy (like- cleared up within days)... cradle cap has been slower to go away but we're finally making progress. so perhaps we're finally clearing out the crap from the vaxes and the remaining allergenic proteins.

#268 of 510 Old 10-19-2006, 12:06 AM

Quote:
It is true though that in a healthy state you will crave only what you need. I'm jealous!
well, when i don't have cravings, trying to make a decision about what to eat is next to impossible!

#269 of 510 Old 10-19-2006, 12:09 AM

dh and i've been struggling with this one for a bit...

"they" say that stinky armpits are indicative of a zinc deficiency. i'm pretty certain that we don't have a problem with zinc, yet i frequently have stinky 'pits and lately dh's smell like a dead skunk (even after he's put on deodorant - more like the Monsters Inc "odorant").

got any ideas?

#270 of 510 Old 10-19-2006, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

I suspect it has more to do with detoxing. When I was about three months into raw even dh commented that I had no odor even if I missed a shower or two. Of course there are more scientific ways to test!

Anyway, many people report having this happen when they do cleanses and detoxes, so it has to be somewhat connected...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page