Strange bumps on 5 week old's palm - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 10-10-2006, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bumping this up b/c I'm curious to see what the doc had to say!
#32 of 33 Old 10-10-2006, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I didn't see my regular dr and I was not too impresed with this dr. He said he would suspect herpes if someone in the family had it but he doubted it. He also said herpes would be more widespread on the body. (Both of these things I know are not good arguments probably..) He just said it was just one of those baby things that will go away on its own. He gave some a script for some Bactroban to put on it.

I'm not sure what to think. I asked the dr if he could have gotten herpes from someone in church (lots of people touching on him) and he told me he tells his patients not take their babies out of the house until 2 months, after the first set of shots. That didn't make much sense to me, seeing as how there is not a HERPES vaccine.

SO... I probably should have just not taken him. It looks a lot better and two of the bumps are almost gone, leaving a brown dot. Plus, the waiting room was FULL of sick kids, sneezing and snotting... I just know we will probably catch something.
#33 of 33 Old 10-10-2006, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat4mel View Post
he told me he tells his patients not take their babies out of the house until 2 months, after the first set of shots.
:
Sounds like a wasted trip...sorry mama! I retract the coxsackie suggestion, btw, if those are still the only bumps your babe has.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page