HELP!!! what the heck is my problem? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-18-2006, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, for the past hour I feel like I need to urinate. BADLY. But I keep going in and sitting on the toilet and maybe squeezing out 2 drops of urine and it's EXCRUCIATING. It burnsburnsburns!!! I have been fine all day long until about an hour ago. In desperation I have just chugged about a half gallon of water, so that I will have something to urinate!

I'm pregnant, and have been urinating frequently for months. I haven't really been drinking any less today than normal. In fact the water I just drank now means I've had MORE than normal for a day.

waaaaaahhhhh! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006, 08:28 PM

sounds like a urinary tract infection.

i would get some (pure) cranberry juice and drink as much as you can, and take alot of vitamin c (not sure how much to recommend if you're pg.) also if you can find d-mannose in the hfs, it can help with uti's--it's one of the substances in cranberry juice.

take lots of probiotics too--esp if you end up on antibiotics, but even if you don't. i'm also thinking lots of garlic could help--raw--as it has anti-infective properties. HTH!

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Old 10-18-2006, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

RAW GARLIC? bleahhhh...I can't even look at garlic because of m/s...we've been eating some bland dinners lately

Just a quick update...drinking all that water has helped, urinating is still uncomfortable but it doesn't burn now that there is something coming out...I am drinking, drinking, drinking now so I don't dry out again.

Could a UTI happen so fast and out of the blue? Because really, I have felt fine all day and then BAM, I went to the bathroom and started having this problem.

I wonder if cran juice from frozen concentrate would have the effect I am looking for? I have that on hand but no pure bottled juice. And what are probiotics specifically?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:03 PM

It really does sound *just* like a UTI.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
Old 10-19-2006, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Well I woke up this morning with no symptoms at all and two sick kids. So I still haven't called my midwives' office yet. I am going to the hfs today and buying some real cranberry juice and I will drink it this weekend as well as keep my water intake up and see how I feel by Monday. I can always call the midwives' office tomorrow if I feel worse, it's just Sunday that there is only an emergency line. Thank you for your input those that replied here and sent me pm's

User Tag List