Healing the Gut Tribe - November! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskiasmom View Post
That's something Ive been thinking about, from the posts here and my symptoms (Ive read elsewhere that chiro can be effective for reflux). Now, how to find a great practitioner.

cademyn - I take hcl and digest gold with every meal. I think it helps a little but not much. Its so wierd how this came on, in that, it came on fast and a lot. I have chest pain much of the day, so much so that my bra strap sometimes exacerbates it. I dont feel reflux happen, although I have little burps throughout the day (but it feels like a little air) and my throat is sore (has been since the beginning of the diet). I found a recommendation to take 1 tsp of ginger juice every morning 2 hrs before eating anything for 3 wks - this is supposed to alleviate symptoms until you address the underlying cause (lgs? stress?). It seems like the digestion stuff would be linked to yeast? but I cant find much to support that.

For those who take enzymes with meals - how do you know how many to take? I take one w/ every protien meal, but wonder if I should take more. How would I know if it was too much - burning?
I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Have you gone off the anti-candida diet now? I take Digest Gold with every meal no matter what I'm eating. I open up the caplet and then swallow, it ia a veggie cap and takes a lot longer to dissolve. I tried taking 2 caps but didn't find it any better, plus they are expensive pills.

We create our own reality.
#302 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 01:41 AM

caedmyn-did you mention that you were going to start drinking kombucha?
I am still brewing my first batch and trying to decide if I should drink it. I don't want it to detox me too much so that it will affect DS.

We create our own reality.
#303 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyla View Post
I did theHCL for a while and graduated from it. The most you are supposed to take is 6 pills. If you don't get a burning (or warm) sensation with 6 pills just stick with that until you do. Take them every meal. Eventually your body will start working better and 6 will be too many. Go down to 5 at the next meal. I found that I would drop down by 2 within a day or so and then be stuck on a plateau for a while. But right after I bought a new bottle I went from 2 a meal to O. I tried a couple more times just to be sure and always had that burning from just one pill so I know I'm done.
I'm glad you posted this--I noticed that the HCL made a difference already in how I feel (indigestion-wise) in between meals and after drinking liquids. I wondered if it could make a difference so quickly even when I'm not taking it and apparently it can. I haven't tried to find my actual dose--one seems to get rid of the symptoms so I'll probably just stick with that. Now if only I had started the HCL two months ago when I first started having these symptoms...

Pattyla, do you feel that your herbal protocol is helping you?
#304 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum View Post
caedmyn-did you mention that you were going to start drinking kombucha?
I am still brewing my first batch and trying to decide if I should drink it. I don't want it to detox me too much so that it will affect DS.
I'm going to start very slowly after Thanksgiving when I get back from my IL's. I'm planning on giving some to DD, too...I figure it can't hurt as long as she's only getting a bit. From what I've read as long as you start very slowly it's okay while BF'ing. I don't see how the kombucha is going to detox/cause any more die-off that the water kefirs did, plus I've been doing several herbal infusions for liver support for a couple of months.

BTW...if anyone hasn't tried water kefirs, I would highly recommend them. I went from being slightly constipated and going once a day or less to having (warning TMI!) much bigger, softer stools 2-4x a day. There are so many things that have reputations as "magic bullets"...enzymes, the SCD, probiotics, etc. The only thing that has had that "magic bullet" effect for me is the water kefirs.
#305 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 02:19 AM

annikate--did you give DD2 enzymes between meals at any point? If you did, how old was she and did you see any result from them? I'm debating about giving DD Candex to try to kill off some of her yeast.
#306 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 AM

I've thought about taking HCL, but am worried...what if that's not my issue? What if I have sufficient acids - or worse...too much? Won't that potentially cause some significant problems if I take the HCL without a dx?
#307 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
annikate--did you give DD2 enzymes between meals at any point? If you did, how old was she and did you see any result from them? I'm debating about giving DD Candex to try to kill off some of her yeast.
No I didn't. I tried this with dd1 once and the results were horrendous. I don't know if it was die off or what but I never tried it again.

In looking at your dd's rash, it reminds me very much of dd1's. Looks very much the same. In the summer the sun seemed to make it worse. I know chlorine made it worse because it flared like crazy when she was swimming.

Once I started the reuteri I swear, her poopies became regular and her excema has not been back. That's the only thing I think I've changed. (And she doesn't get the reuteri on a regular basis anymore really - only when she asks for yogurt.
#308 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaz View Post
I've thought about taking HCL, but am worried...what if that's not my issue? What if I have sufficient acids - or worse...too much? Won't that potentially cause some significant problems if I take the HCL without a dx?
From what Ive read,most people are low in acid (particularly blood Type A folks). The whole "antacid" craze is not really appropriate, as often it is low acid that produces reflux. The older one gets, the more common low acid is, and yet increased age is a predisposing factor for reflux. You could always try 1 hcl and see. I think you'll know pretty immediately. I got up to 3/meal and stopped there, then my AK said Id be good with 1, but maybe should go up again and see.

Nolansmum - I was thinking the same about you after seeing your beautiful boy - how emotional it is for you to work soo hard to help him and not know what will help. I havent gone off the yeast diet at all, which Ive been on nearly 4 mos. My yeasty symptoms are itchy ears, white tongue and a rash on one eyelid. These all started after starting the diet (except for the tongue, which got me started on the diet). The digestive stuff started around 6 wks ago and got progressively worse. It seems to coincidental that it happened in conjunction with the yeast stuff, and Ive found several references connecting yeast overgrowth/dysbiosis and reflux. I have no lower GI symptoms (no cramps, bloating, diarhea, constipation - not even a fart ) so maybe its all manifesting in upper GI? One interesting thing about the tongue, it has changed appearance since the relux started, and I diagnosed it using chinese medicine, and it shows screwed up digestion! Duh. How could yeast survive in the stomach though? Or maybe there's a bunch in my sm. intestine which is preventing food moving out of my stomach?

I definitely want to try the water kefir, but I think I need to kill [more] yeast first? So far, I havent had any die-off, no matter what or how much I use, except for the first few days of the diet (fatigue, but then again, I went off carbs coffee and chocolate in a day). I think Im going to try nystatin - I have a standing scrip, but have been giving the herbals a good effort first. And then after a month or two of that, add watr kefir?

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#309 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you posted this--I noticed that the HCL made a difference already in how I feel (indigestion-wise) in between meals and after drinking liquids. I wondered if it could make a difference so quickly even when I'm not taking it and apparently it can. I haven't tried to find my actual dose--one seems to get rid of the symptoms so I'll probably just stick with that. Now if only I had started the HCL two months ago when I first started having these symptoms...

Pattyla, do you feel that your herbal protocol is helping you?
It is hard to say, esp since I figured out that dd is reacting to the applesauce it is being delivered in. I'm trying to stick it out since it was a 2 month recomendation and we are just half way through it right now. I'm going to start trying to get her to swallow them again so I can cut fruit out again. Man I liked the fruit. Thanksgiving is going to be tough. : we can clear the maple syrup on Monday. That would sure open up some foods for us.

I should mention that the yeast/parasite killer that dh and I are taking (and dd is getting through bm) is clearly having a huge impact on both of us. Dh is pretty impressed even. The die off is interesting and varried but it is certainly happening here. I'm sure looking foward to stopping it next week (3 weeks of taking it and then a break untill 5 days before the next full moon for 4 months)

Patty wife to Jason Mama to Wisteria (6) and Junia (2)
our family is <>< and :
#310 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 12:07 PM

i just heard back from the doc that the stool tests came back negative for bacteria (no big surprise there) but they didn't receive the results for the blood test. weird. they're going to check on those and then call me back. i told them i'm still having pain (although no more diarrhea), crampiness/gas after eating, and reflux. of course, the reflux set off big alarms and the nurse was like, "REFLUX?!"
i'm hoping he might be able to recommend a GI doc locally who has an open mind.
honestly, i'm so frustrated at feeling like shit all the time and am reluctant to see a GI doc but i'm thinking that might be the best choice. ack. this stuff blows.
#311 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskiasmom View Post
From what Ive read,most people are low in acid (particularly blood Type A folks). The whole "antacid" craze is not really appropriate, as often it is low acid that produces reflux. The older one gets, the more common low acid is, and yet increased age is a predisposing factor for reflux. You could always try 1 hcl and see. I think you'll know pretty immediately. I got up to 3/meal and stopped there, then my AK said Id be good with 1, but maybe should go up again and see.

Nolansmum - I was thinking the same about you after seeing your beautiful boy - how emotional it is for you to work soo hard to help him and not know what will help. I havent gone off the yeast diet at all, which Ive been on nearly 4 mos. My yeasty symptoms are itchy ears, white tongue and a rash on one eyelid. These all started after starting the diet (except for the tongue, which got me started on the diet). The digestive stuff started around 6 wks ago and got progressively worse. It seems to coincidental that it happened in conjunction with the yeast stuff, and Ive found several references connecting yeast overgrowth/dysbiosis and reflux. I have no lower GI symptoms (no cramps, bloating, diarhea, constipation - not even a fart ) so maybe its all manifesting in upper GI? One interesting thing about the tongue, it has changed appearance since the relux started, and I diagnosed it using chinese medicine, and it shows screwed up digestion! Duh. How could yeast survive in the stomach though? Or maybe there's a bunch in my sm. intestine which is preventing food moving out of my stomach?

I definitely want to try the water kefir, but I think I need to kill [more] yeast first? So far, I havent had any die-off, no matter what or how much I use, except for the first few days of the diet (fatigue, but then again, I went off carbs coffee and chocolate in a day). I think Im going to try nystatin - I have a standing scrip, but have been giving the herbals a good effort first. And then after a month or two of that, add watr kefir?
Yeast can live in your stomach if you don't have the right ph. A person from my parents church died 6 months ago basically from yeast. She had it in her esophogus and it got into her lungs and caused pneumonia and she died in the hospital (she was probably in her late 50's to mid 60's so not terribly old). She went down hill very, very fast and the Dr's didn't know what was wrong. She wasn't in good health going into it but nothing like the last couple of months of her life.

our family is <>< and :
#312 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
No I didn't. I tried this with dd1 once and the results were horrendous. I don't know if it was die off or what but I never tried it again.

In looking at your dd's rash, it reminds me very much of dd1's. Looks very much the same. In the summer the sun seemed to make it worse. I know chlorine made it worse because it flared like crazy when she was swimming.

Once I started the reuteri I swear, her poopies became regular and her excema has not been back. That's the only thing I think I've changed. (And she doesn't get the reuteri on a regular basis anymore really - only when she asks for yogurt.
Yeah the sun makes DD's face look worse, although she can get sun on her legs and that doesn't affect it. She does poop regularly now so I am happy about that. I may have to try the reuteri--I've been holding off because it has dairy in it. Hopefully a tiny bit of dairy won't affect her, though--I can't imagine that I haven't had trace amounts of dairy recently as much as we've been eating out.

I may just have to try the Candex and see what happens. I really think she needs an anti-fungal and I'm having trouble coming up with one that I feel is safe and gentle enough for her
#313 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah the sun makes DD's face look worse, although she can get sun on her legs and that doesn't affect it. She does poop regularly now so I am happy about that. I may have to try the reuteri--I've been holding off because it has dairy in it. Hopefully a tiny bit of dairy won't affect her, though--I can't imagine that I haven't had trace amounts of dairy recently as much as we've been eating out.

I may just have to try the Candex and see what happens. I really think she needs an anti-fungal and I'm having trouble coming up with one that I feel is safe and gentle enough for her
Funny, the sun never bothered dd1 before this year. And only for a short time too - and only on the face. Yeast is a tricky thing. I don't know definitively that dd's yeast is gone but the symptoms are no longer present. I can't imagine that the reuteri killed all the yeast but maybe it did. I only had her on the anti-candida diet for 2 weeks and it was my own *modified* version anyway.

I hear ya about the candex. I'd be a little apprehensive too, but that's just me.
#314 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyla View Post
Yeast can live in your stomach if you don't have the right ph. A person from my parents church died 6 months ago basically from yeast. She had it in her esophogus and it got into her lungs and caused pneumonia and she died in the hospital (she was probably in her late 50's to mid 60's so not terribly old). She went down hill very, very fast and the Dr's didn't know what was wrong. She wasn't in good health going into it but nothing like the last couple of months of her life.
Okay, as if I wasn't already worried enough . . .

#315 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Okay, as if I wasn't already worried enough . . .

ditto.

Cademyn - I recall Moneca, from the Chelating Mamas thread, venturing into candex with her dd awhile back, maybe you could pm her?

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#316 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
for yeast problems, there is scientific evidence that some strains of Lactobacillus plantarum are effective against Candida albicans - there's one isolate that completely obliterates Candida but other strains get Candida down to levels that are controllable by the remaining gut microbes.

when dh started his cleansing regimen a few months ago (gah - he didn't ask what everything was for...), he started on the Nutrition Now PB8 product containing L. plantarum along with 7 other microbes. when i stopped my UltraFlora Plus product, i had some intestinal issues until i spiked my kefir with a capsule of the PB8. now everything is just hunky dory. i imagine one could do the same with yogurt to see if it were helpful. and PB8 is on sale this month through Frontier Coops. PM me if anyone wants me to send a capsule or two through the mail (since we have some on hand anyway).

i also read a study that showed that various essential oils are selective against unfriendly microbes but not that harmful to desirable critters (only 20% loss of good ones but 80 to 95% loss to the bad ones). moreover, the oils survived digestion. might be worthwhile spiking beverages with a few drops of thyme oil, cinnamon oil, or oregano oil. of those 3, thyme oil and cinnamon oil require only very small concentrations - and the thyme and oregano oils have been shown to be effective on candida, not sure about cinnamon oil (which is good against pathogenic E coli). i haven't been able to sit down and figure out the possible dosages though...

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#317 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 03:08 PM

Just poking my nose in...we are Candex users. Or at least DD is. She used to have major yeast problems and something we have done lately has gotten rid of it. She hasn't had yeasty behavioral symptoms in some time, and while her CDSA was never positive for yeast, the marker for it in her organic acid test (D-Arabinitol) is now within normal limits whereas it used to be in the 99+ percentile.

Our protocol has been to give a capsule of Candex in the morning and in the evening. It's supposed to be somewhat separated from food though or else it doesn't work much. Then also we've used a homeopathic supplement called Can Albex which our ped recommended...at first I thought it wasn't doing anything but it may well have helped also, since I know some homeopathic meds are supposed to work over time rather than instantaneously. She got three drops of Can Albex three times a day. We also did a few short courses of fluconazole. I don't know what of all these tactics worked, but DD has not had symptoms of yeast overgrowth for a couple of months now...knock on wood.

Of course, bad bacteria seem to have moved in to replace the yeast, but that's another story. We're working on that. Here's hoping those horrendously expensive Custom Probiotics are worth the money. :
#318 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 03:42 PM

First of all - Caedmyn and Nolunsmum - what cuties you have! It's neat to see some faces behind the stories.

I'm starting to highly suspect that dd might have celiac disease. The more I read, the more it fits her to a tee. Also, I'm suspecting my Dad may be the genetic source. When I first started down this road of investigating, I kept reading things that would remind me of my Dad, but honestly, I think I had to just focus on us to survive. Now that I'm just a little more comfortable with some of this, I'm spending just a little time trying to convince him to give SCD a whirl. And he's gotten so bad off that he's about ready to give it a try (he is very kind and loving and patiently listens to me, but thinks I'm a little nuts about all this). The good news for me and the little one is that we're already doing SCD, so no new major stuff to investigate if it is, indeed, celiacs.

I also think that I'm not digesting fats properly. So, I'm about to go die-hard into the enzyme world. I've been dabbling a bit in it, but need to get serious. I was looking at some products, and Lypo (by enzymedica) looks good - anyone have any first hand experience with it or another lipase product?

What a journey all this is. I was just thinking today back to when I started SCD. I remember thinking "this is just for a little while. I can do this. I'll stick with it, and we'll be healed in 4 months." Ha. But you tell yourself what you have to at the moment to survive emotionally, right? I read people saying that they'd never go back to the way they were before, even after they healed. But I thought I was pretty healthy, so hey, that couldn't be me. I had no idea how much I had to learn . . . and now all I know is how much I still don't know! Ok, so enough pondering . . .

Two more questions - I try to space all my supplements out, but I'm running out of time in the day! So, are there absorption issues I need to be aware of if I combine? I keep my multi vit and calcium separate so the zinc (I think that's right??) doesn't interfere with calcium absorption, but what about other things? Can I take my probiotics with vit c? How about enzymes with other things?

And the last - are there any herbs/teas that are high in calcium that are SCD legal? I got excited about nettles til I checked and saw they are illegal.
#319 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 04:38 PM

RE: yeast

Krissi just made me remember something else.

I posted earlier that the reuteri may have eliminated dd's yeasty symptoms. Now I think I know what really helped the most. The NCD drops. Our homeopath recommended them for dd2 and I gave them to dd1 jsut for the heck of it.

While I don't really think they act as a chelator for mercury (which is what we were going for by giving them to dd2), I am now really believing that they help to alkanalize the body. (dd's DAN doc believes this too.)

So . . . looking back, dd1's symptoms completely got better after starting those.

I took them too for a while and stopped at the rec. of the DAN doc. I really wish I could take them again though because they made my skin awesome. Now my skin has gone haywire. Breakouts and all.
#320 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinLiviLou View Post
What a journey all this is. I was just thinking today back to when I started SCD. I remember thinking "this is just for a little while. I can do this. I'll stick with it, and we'll be healed in 4 months." Ha. But you tell yourself what you have to at the moment to survive emotionally, right? I read people saying that they'd never go back to the way they were before, even after they healed. But I thought I was pretty healthy, so hey, that couldn't be me. I had no idea how much I had to learn . . . and now all I know is how much I still don't know! Ok, so enough pondering . . .
I thought the same things! The learning is like peeling an onion. Just when you think you understand it's like, wait a minute, there's MORE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinLiviLou View Post
Two more questions - I try to space all my supplements out, but I'm running out of time in the day! So, are there absorption issues I need to be aware of if I combine? I keep my multi vit and calcium separate so the zinc (I think that's right??) doesn't interfere with calcium absorption, but what about other things? Can I take my probiotics with vit c? How about enzymes with other things?
As far as I know you can combine probiotics and/or enzymes w/vit c. I always take zinc at night before bed.
#321 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
for yeast problems, there is scientific evidence that some strains of Lactobacillus plantarum are effective against Candida albicans - there's one isolate that completely obliterates Candida but other strains get Candida down to levels that are controllable by the remaining gut microbes.

when dh started his cleansing regimen a few months ago (gah - he didn't ask what everything was for...), he started on the Nutrition Now PB8 product containing L. plantarum along with 7 other microbes. when i stopped my UltraFlora Plus product, i had some intestinal issues until i spiked my kefir with a capsule of the PB8. now everything is just hunky dory. i imagine one could do the same with yogurt to see if it were helpful. and PB8 is on sale this month through Frontier Coops. PM me if anyone wants me to send a capsule or two through the mail (since we have some on hand anyway).

i also read a study that showed that various essential oils are selective against unfriendly microbes but not that harmful to desirable critters (only 20% loss of good ones but 80 to 95% loss to the bad ones). moreover, the oils survived digestion. might be worthwhile spiking beverages with a few drops of thyme oil, cinnamon oil, or oregano oil. of those 3, thyme oil and cinnamon oil require only very small concentrations - and the thyme and oregano oils have been shown to be effective on candida, not sure about cinnamon oil (which is good against pathogenic E coli). i haven't been able to sit down and figure out the possible dosages though...
Ugh I passed on free samples of the PB8 at whole foods today. DD even put it in the cart at one point and I took it back out. :

our family is <>< and :
#322 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 05:53 PM

So I think dd is allergic to apples. :

I managed to convince her to swallow her pills today w/o mixing them in anything. She is finally acting normal for the first time in a month. Since the : behavior didn't start untill 4 days into having the applesauce I thought it must have another cause. My neighbor reminded me the other day that allergic reactions can be delayed up to 4 days. (I have read up to a week but either way). I figured if she had a reaction to the applesauce it would be an instant reaction to the sugar. I never considered an allergic reaction to the apples.

We muscle tested her last night on a apple cider syrup (just apple cider cooked down that a local organic orchard sells). She was weak.

Today at WF's I tested her on xylitol. She seems fine with it, but it doesn't appear that I am. At least we seem to have survived the oats for breakfast with no reprecussions.

Oh and I bought the Zyme Prime with the rice starch because I had read somewhere that many people on scd actually do better on that one. (Elaine said that it is technically legal but she didn't want people getting confused becasue rice isn't legal). Guess I have figured out why I'm getting an upset stomach after every meal when I take those. All three of us were quite sensitive to rice.

our family is <>< and :
#323 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 09:35 PM

Gee Patty that stinks. Are you sure it was the apples?
I only ask because I thought the muscle testing was great for dd until it failed to show her wheat allergy. That's when I abandoned it all together. I believe in the premise, I just don't believe in its accuracy.
#324 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 11:19 PM

Has any one here tried anything with hydrogen peroxide? I seem to recall some discussion about it. I came across this and am considering trying it because I am in so much pain these days.
#325 of 484 Old 11-16-2006, 11:50 PM

Patty, did you test with organic apples? I was allergic to apples for many years until I tentatively ate an organic apple one day and realized that I had probably been allergic to pesticides all along. I always reacted to thin-skinned fruits. I am prone to allergies and very sensitive to chemicals, so whenever I am suspecting a food allergy, I try to rule out the chemical/additive association first (like PCBs in fish, bleach in white flour, etc).

The muscle testing stuff is so amazing. If I had watched someone do it a year ago, I would have thought it was hooey. But I watched DH get tested and it's wild how he goes from fully locked and strong to floppy fish in a second.
#326 of 484 Old 11-17-2006, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Gee Patty that stinks. Are you sure it was the apples?
I only ask because I thought the muscle testing was great for dd until it failed to show her wheat allergy. That's when I abandoned it all together. I believe in the premise, I just don't believe in its accuracy.
I think it is the apples. We have had the best day today that we have had in ages. The only difference is I didn't give her any fruit. I love having a good day but I hate the cost of it.

I'm begining to get a bit worried. I'm not getting the nutrients I need from food right now with all these food restrictions and since mine are so different from dd's I'll have to cut out twice as much as she does. I can tell I'm not getting what I need because I'm just achy all over and I don't feel right.

our family is <>< and :
#327 of 484 Old 11-17-2006, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratc View Post
Patty, did you test with organic apples? I was allergic to apples for many years until I tentatively ate an organic apple one day and realized that I had probably been allergic to pesticides all along. I always reacted to thin-skinned fruits. I am prone to allergies and very sensitive to chemicals, so whenever I am suspecting a food allergy, I try to rule out the chemical/additive association first (like PCBs in fish, bleach in white flour, etc).

The muscle testing stuff is so amazing. If I had watched someone do it a year ago, I would have thought it was hooey. But I watched DH get tested and it's wild how he goes from fully locked and strong to floppy fish in a second.
Yup they were organic. And it was just apple cider so it should have bypassed an phenol issues as well.

our family is <>< and :
#328 of 484 Old 11-17-2006, 02:25 AM

If wine gives me a migraine, would water kefir, too? Just wondering, because I'm thinking of trying to make some, but I don't want to go to all that trouble only to find it causes me nasty migraines.

Patty, are the anti-parasite herbs you're taking really safe for bfing?

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#329 of 484 Old 11-17-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
If wine gives me a migraine, would water kefir, too? Just wondering, because I'm thinking of trying to make some, but I don't want to go to all that trouble only to find it causes me nasty migraines.

Patty, are the anti-parasite herbs you're taking really safe for bfing?
They will do no harm to my lactation (won't dry me up or cause me to chelate) and they are safe for a child my dd's age. (nearly 3). I can tell that my dd is going through her own milder die off from them herself. (she needs to)

our family is <>< and :
#330 of 484 Old 11-17-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Once I started the reuteri I swear, her poopies became regular and her excema has not been back.
Annikate.....What brand of Reuteri did you and your dc take?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page