Thanks. And I should've mentioned she's 5! OMG, I do NOT want to check her pooh! Oh well. I know that swallowing small things is common and usually no big deal but for some reason the metal of a penny worried me. I ended up calling poison control because then I was reading about pennies...how the metal is different and more dangerous and they can get zinc poisioning. They said just make sure she passes it and she'll be fine.
She was just laying down to bed. I didn't know she had a penny. All of a sudden she says (very calmly), "I think I need to drink a lot of water before I go to bed." I'm like "Well, don't drink too much. You don't want to have to pee all night." She goes into the kitchen and then comes back in the room and tells me that she actually swallowed a penny. I guess she was in shock too much to tell me at first. She won't be putting money in her mouth after this at least.
What's weird, is the kids never fussed!! Its like they have silly putty rectums!!!!
The one kid literally swallowed a three inch screw from his sisters crib. The doctors at the local ped ER just laughed and shook their head. And gave him the xray to show off! he passed it 2 days later...and his mom didnt even let him keep the screw!