Natural remedies from chronic runny nose - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2006, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! My 3-year-old goes through periods where her nose runs all the time. It is clear and there aren't any other symptoms. I assume some kinds of allergies. She doesn't drink cow's milk. I give her Sambucol regularly as an immune booster. Her doctor recommended claritin but I want to make sure I have exhausted all the natural remedies first. I don't have a clue though what I should be doing! Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2006, 08:43 PM

You might want to consider trying the homeopathic remedy allium (onion). One of it's symptom frameworks is clear runny nose.
Metaphysically speaking-is she crying inside over something? Maybe she has an unexpressed grief or sadness?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Way to invoke mother's guilt! We are having a baby in a couple of months and her older sister started preschool 3 mornings a week. Those are both big changes. Recently, I have realized I have been trying to get so much done I have not been spending much time playing with them. I have been trying to work on it. Now that you mention it, her runny nose for the last 3 weeks have coincided with more stress at home and in general more crankiness from her. I'll look into the homeopathic stuff but it certainly can't hurt to try to pay more attention to her feelings right now, too. Thanks for your ideas!

P.S. Also coninciding with the runny nose: turning on the furnace.

Throw more ideas at me. I am open to anything!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:15 PM

there's a remedy for that too prolly, mama!
runny nose is a way for the bodily's defenses to remove irritants. So it coniciding w/ the furnace makes sense too. Try puting a kettle of water on to boil to add moisture to the air. You can add yummies like euc. e.o. or even citrus peels.

User Tag List