How often should 8 year old have BM's - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2006, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know how often a 8 year old boy should be having BM's? I am a little concerned about my boy! He is 8 and is 50lbs and only has about 2 BM's a week! My DH says thats normal- but I don't think it seems right. Plus my son has bad gas pretty much all the time :. I am just starting to try and renovate our eating habits and not sure where to start with DS. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2006, 03:29 PM

My ds is 8 years old, 62 lbs and goes on average 1-2 times a week. He seems to be in the bathroom for awhile when he does go, he is not constipated at all but seems to go a lot at once does that make sense? Sorry for TMI! It just seems he goes those 1-2 times for the week at a go and then he is fine for another few days.

If your son isn't constipated and his gas isn't painful to him I'm sure that's just his regular. If he is in pain from the gas I would look into yeast or diet troubles/lack of fiber.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2006, 09:08 PM

I read somewhere in Dr. Weston A. Price's research that the healthiest populations he studied went 2+ times a DAY. I've also heard that it can have a toxic effect on the body to not keep things moving along. Since incorporating more traditional foods into my diet, I've had no problems at all with keeping things moving right along. For more info on Dr. Price and his traditional foods diet, go to www.westonaprice.org.

Kim

User Tag List