What is wrong with my spacing out toddler? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 02-09-2007, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please consider the Gluten Free/Casein free diet. google it for more info. I bet you'll get your little guy back. My son was in 'outer space' before we started the diet. Now he's so present and we're better able to address his SI issues.

Good luck.
#32 of 33 Old 02-09-2007, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookely ash View Post
did you treat it with medication?

did it go away?
I did not medicate. It never presented problems to me other than annoyance. I can't pinpoint exactly when it went away because it was a normal thing for me, but I think it was pretty much gone by junior high. It will still happen to me once in awhlie, but it's definitely rare. MAYBE it happens once a year, if that. I am 23.
#33 of 33 Old 02-27-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post
I'm no expert but I believe an EEG can miss them if the child doesn't have an episode while on the EEG.
Yes, having gone to the pediatric neurologist it sounds like this is definitely exactly the case! I don't know what our pediatrician was thinking. It figures it couldn't be that simple!

He's had a bunch more "episodes", so we have an MRI, a 1hr EEG and a 24hr EEG all scheduled. He HAS to get tubes/adenoidectomy and the neurologist doesn't suggest doing that until we have the tests done so as not to bring in any more potential complications (inner ear balance weirdness or anything, I guess).

I'm hoping the 24 hour won't be too traumatic - my son is really great about medical stuff (he finds most of it interesting), so since it's not painful I'm hoping for the best. I'm nervous about the sedation for the MRI, but I'd rather know for sure there's nothing going on in that little melon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page