Healing the Gut Tribe-December - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 395 Old 12-31-2006, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome, Melissa! Yes, it sounds like you belong here. Have you ever tried SCD for your UC?

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#392 of 395 Old 12-31-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Welcome, Melissa! Yes, it sounds like you belong here. Have you ever tried SCD for your UC?
Hi!! Glad to be here! I've attempted it at least 10 times, but I never make it more than one day. I just get too hungry, nursing seems to really burn a lot of calories for me. I've lost so much weight, I'm afraid to keep losing more, brtween my anemia and weight loss, I'm just so fatigued and weak lately.
#393 of 395 Old 01-01-2007, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

#394 of 395 Old 01-02-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
mommy2girlies--Thrush is a symptom of a yeast overgrowth. Eczema can be caused by yeast, too, or by food allergies, or by essential fatty acid deficit. Splenda's a chemical sweetener and I wouldn't use it. Stevia, while not SCD legal (but Splenda isn't either), is an herbal calorie-free sweetener you could try.

If you think dairy is causing your DS's problems, you need to eliminate it for several weeks--it takes up to 6 weeks for dairy to get out of your system. If that doesn't help or doesn't completely clear up the issues, you might want to consider a candida program with diet changes, anti-fungals or enzymes, and probiotics. The probiotics would be a good idea in any case.
Ok, so thrush is gone. I found Stevia at our local grocery store and I've been using that. But eczema is still there. I haven't gone full non dairy yet : hard thru the holidays..And we've stopped giving him any solids. But we were really analyzing what could be the problem and we both (dh and I) recall that the eczema didn't start till after we started him on solids. So although Im pretty sure he is dairy sensitive, I don't think thats what caused the eczema, seeing as how it didn't appear earlier, before solids. So now Im only bf'ing and watching the eczema and if it disappears, we'll add solids back in one at a time. I read a good way of introducing solids. You touch their face w/ the food, then wait 4 hours for a reaction, if no reaction, you put some on their lips, wait again, etc. I think this'll be the way we do it.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what could be the cause of the eczema. its fairly mild, but I hate that he has it at all. He only ever ate either fresh or jarred (organic) sweet potato, avocado, carrot, pear. Im not sure if these foods are normal allergens. Thanks in advance

ps, Dh is doing wonderfully after we started w/ the SCD diet!!: We're not following it to the letter (hard to make the commitment) but he's been pain free since we started!
#395 of 395 Old 01-02-2007, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies View Post
Ok, so thrush is gone. I found Stevia at our local grocery store and I've been using that. But eczema is still there. I haven't gone full non dairy yet : hard thru the holidays..And we've stopped giving him any solids. But we were really analyzing what could be the problem and we both (dh and I) recall that the eczema didn't start till after we started him on solids. So although Im pretty sure he is dairy sensitive, I don't think thats what caused the eczema, seeing as how it didn't appear earlier, before solids. So now Im only bf'ing and watching the eczema and if it disappears, we'll add solids back in one at a time. I read a good way of introducing solids. You touch their face w/ the food, then wait 4 hours for a reaction, if no reaction, you put some on their lips, wait again, etc. I think this'll be the way we do it.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what could be the cause of the eczema. its fairly mild, but I hate that he has it at all. He only ever ate either fresh or jarred (organic) sweet potato, avocado, carrot, pear. Im not sure if these foods are normal allergens. Thanks in advance

ps, Dh is doing wonderfully after we started w/ the SCD diet!!: We're not following it to the letter (hard to make the commitment) but he's been pain free since we started!
You can move to the Jan. thread (link is in the previous post)

My DD's eczema which had disappeared came back when she started solids. I only gave her a couple of veggies and I've taken her off solids twice since then, but she still has eczema and it's actually gotten worse. So...hopefully your experience will be different but IME there's no guarantee taking your DS off solids will help his eczema. Although I've recently discovered that my DD reacts to wheat and tree nuts as well, so maybe now that I've figured that out her eczema will finally go away.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page