frequent periods - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-03-2007, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
i hope this is the right forum for this. please let me know if it isnt.

i am 42. for the last 3 months i have been getting my periods every 2 weeks and then this one after 10 days. i am not going thru any stress or anything.

any ideas?

i have a large giant fibroid on teh outside of my uterus since 2002. i usually have heavy 9 - 10 day cycles (4 heavy days) and anything from 31 to 41 days apart. never regular.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#2 of 4 Old 01-03-2007, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Sounds like you may be going through peri-menopause. Last year (I just turned 41) my cycle started shortening, too. I started using some progesterone cream from the health food store, and after the first month, my cycle lengthened by a couple of days. I highly recommend the book by Dr. Lee called "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Perimenopause." Here's a link to his site: http://www.johnleemd.com/

He talks about dietary and lifestyle changes you can make to ease the symptoms of estrogen dominance, which is a major cause of symptoms like the ones you're having. (BTW, the progesterone cream also helps shrink fibroids).

#3 of 4 Old 01-03-2007, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
thank you so much. i was thinking peri-menopause too.

can u tell em if u still can have children with perimenopause. i am not doen yet.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#4 of 4 Old 01-04-2007, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
It could be that some of your cycles are anovulatory, but if you still get that cervical mucous that has the texture of egg whites, that's a sign that you've ovulated. You may want to chart your cycles and see what changes are happening to get a better idea. My guess is that you still could be fertile, but you may have to take care of yourself (diet, stress, etc.).

Check out this site:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page