Help with constant ear infection - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-11-2007, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 15 month old son has double ear infection again (5th time since February, last one was 3 weeks ago) and the beginnings of pneumonia. He coughs so hard that he throws up. I don’t like taking him to the Dr. all the time, but when he gets sick it hits him so hard. I’m so frustrated and tired of him being sick! I'd like to learn more about natural and/or herbal healing.

What is GSE and what does it do? Would it help keep ds healthy?

I'm trying to understand probiotics. I bought some powder that has 740 mg per 1/4 teaspoon dose, which is given 3 times a day for an adult. How much and how often should I give it to my son?

I also bought some liquid Echinacea and goldenseal. It also contains yin chiao, different types of roots, various aerial parts, bayberry bark, elder berry, honey and some other stuff. This is the only liquid Echinacea and goldenseal mix my health food store had. Is this ok for ds, or should it be just Echinacea and goldenseal?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2007, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Chiropractic care, or a doc who does cranial-sacral therapy, can help with preventing ear infections. Worked for my daughter, her last ear infection was more than 2.5yrs ago. I don't know anything about herbal treatments, I am still learning there. Good luck!
Old 01-11-2007, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have never heard of GSE(Grapefruit seed extract) being used for ear infections... we use it for thrush.

Ds has ear infections all the time as well. I use mullein ear oil for the pain but as far as WHY he's getting them I'm looking into a possible dairy allergy. I've been researching some on this and have found that dairy allergies can cause recurrent ear infections.

We tried the chiropractor and he couldn't help ds. But... I fully believe in them! My uncle is a chiropractor!

Nicole, mom of 3. Mitochondrial Disease.: Epilepsy

User Tag List