Mothering Forum banner

sore facial muscles

679 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  myrrhmaid 
#1 ·
my face is hurting from having been to the dentist today

i don't know if i have tmj itself, but the dr has said that my bite is off

other than advil (which i will take very soon as its becoming a headache too) - is there anything i can do at home?

isn't there some sort of compress thing w/oil or scent or such for this???

#2 ·
Just remember-no advil if preggers. Try some homeopathic arnica montana. It is for pain from trauma & particularly effective for dental pain. You can take it every 15 minutes until pain subsides then every 4 hrs. after that. Also some arnica oil can be applied directly to the affected area for relief. I like the weleda brand of oil, it has white willow bark & other yummy good herbs too. Ice may offer some relief too. Hope you are feeling better! Laura

#3 ·
how cool - i was doing arnica already!! because i figured my gums were traumatized by it (it had been a really long time since i had a cleaning) it would help

i know when i had a baby, the MW prescribed arnica at a stronger rate than the arnica bottle does... but i dont recall exaclty what she said

if you use the tablets, how many?

#4 ·
You will want to take 2-3 tablets in the homeopathic form. The dosage actually doesn't change no matter how many tablets/pellets you take. That is one of the interesting things about homeopathic remedies. You can take the whole bottle & you will still be getting a 30c or 6x dose. Of course it is a waste of the remedy and I don't recommned taking it that way, but technically if you take 1 tablet or 3 or 6 or the whole bottle you are still getting a single dose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.