Sore throat for 10 days??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-01-2007, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Normally if I get a sore throat it only lasts 3-4 days tops. This time it has been different. It is more like my throat is swollen and when I try to swallow it is very difficult. It is hard to describe really, a normal sore throat feels a bit different.

I looked back in there and things are a very reddish/purple around where my sinuses drain and I thought I saw some very small blisters. My tonsils are also very swollen covering up at least half of my sinus openings. My ears are also killing me from not being able to drain properly I think.

I was finally going to go to the Dr. today but I dont know if the weather will permit it. It is really wearing me down being in pain like this. Any thoughts on what it might be??

I know that the fact my sinuses are draining, but not well, the mucus is very thick. TMI there sorry is it just irritation from that or is it something else going on. Any thoughts at all?

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#2 of 3 Old 02-01-2007, 10:47 AM

Yes!

My thoughts are why wait 10 days and then go to the doctor????

We do something about a sore throat or anything else on day ONE on day TWO. By day three it's gone....

Here is what we do, just in case you want to do SOMETHING for yourself.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...03&postcount=2

Sorry to sound so grouchy but every person has to be their own doctor from time to time. Everyone has to take care of themselves and of their own children's health.
#3 of 3 Old 02-01-2007, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

I have waited this long because I thought that I would get better without going since I usually do. I have been taking OTC meds. It has been almost 2yrs since I went to the Dr. I usually treat things myself and get better. But this time I guess I am just to run down.

Plus I have to get my mom to watch the kids and she hasnt been feeling well and neither have they. Also it is a hour drive and I just havnt felt like driving that far. And no there is no one that could drive me unless it was truly a emergancy.

Another reason is we had no money and in the hole on our bank account and I have a 25$ copay that has to be up front or they wont see me.

Thank you for the advice. I will try to pick up some sodium ascorbate if I can find it last time I looked it wasnt available.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page