Mothering Forum banner

Sinus infection in one-year-old - natural remedies?

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  knowerofnada 
#1 ·
My one-year-old has had a clear runny nose for about a week, and a yellow runny nose for about another week. After two weeks of this, it does not seem to be resolving on its own. Today she actually has a very slight fever - 99.3. She's acting like she feels fine, other than the congestion she is experiencing and her having difficulty with that. I have read that yellow mucus = infection, but Dr. Mendhelsohn's book says something about babies not able to get sinus infections due to their sinuses not being developed yet. So that part really confuses me.

Do I have to take her to the doctor -- I really hate going there -- , or is there something I can do for her at home help her clear this up?

#2 ·
I treat head cold/sinus/ears all the same.

A little garlic ear oil in the ears and a good rinse with breastmilk up the nose.

It really helps and we never need to go to the doc. Sounds like her immune system is working well with the fever and she is doing great.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkmama View Post
Hey there. I've been struggling with the decision to take DS in or not, too, same sorta thing....but honestly, don't go to the doc, it will very likely clear up. the CAN get sinus infections...but read the link below. i even made a thread about this very recently.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T081000.asp

This is seriously the best thing i ever read on colds. HTH
Wow, mkmama, that was SO helpful. It's the best thing I have ever read on colds, too, and has answered so many of my questions and made me feel much better about not taking her to the doc. I bookmarked this and will use it for many years. You rock, woman!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.