We see that repeatedly. A child has strep, they get abx, the child 'seems' healed and within a month the strep is back.
It is an imbalance and I really do not thing that abx works very well.
Funny. Don't kids in the rest of the world get strep? Or do they just not use abx for it?
85% of the worlds' abx is used in the US. Can you imagine...The rest of the world uses 15%. That is unimaginable.
ok. on with the subject at hand.
I would absolutely not use abx again and I really would not use any home test kit or whatever to test it. I would simply get to the bottom of it and treat it in the most natural way.
I am sure you have seen my 'sick recipe' but I'll post it again.Here it is.
You can skip the rest of this post -
While I am at it, I want to post that my oldest grandson (10 y) got sick Sunday morning. He had a slight fever. He still ran around all day, insisting he was fine. By evening he had a fever somewhere around 102.
I immediately started giving him my 'magic potions' (he takes whatever I give him because he has seen that it cures him).
Monday he was very sick. I am sure his fever was around 102 or 103 all day. He mostly slept but I woke him up every hour on the hour and gave him things to drink. No food.
Monday all night he had a high, high fever. I was up most of the night. I wanted to give him something to drink all night long every hour. I dosed off here and there but he got quite a bit to drink. His fever was at least 103 or higher.
This morning he woke up still sick. We continued with everything. By noon the fever dropped and he was hungry. He ate for the first time. Now by evening he says he is well enough to go to school tomorrow. (We want him to stay home one more day though because he is still weak.)
That is how it is dealt with. Treat it immediately and consistently. For us that works every time. But in order to do that you have to have a plan of action and you have to have the supplies ready.
OK.. I'm done. Sorry to have used your thread.