toddler with dry cheeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2007, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have a good remedy for dry cheeks? The weather has been changing and were all suffering from dry skin right now. My ds has really bad dry/red cheeks (some on his arms too). I just cant seem to knock it out with any lotion/ oil that I have. Any suggestions??

Mommy to Two
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2007, 03:00 PM

My DS had dry skin everywhere for a while that I couldn't get rid of.... including and especially the cheeks!!! I tried everything and had no luck. I bought all the fancy, expensive, organic, fragrance-free, highly recommedned lotions and oils and finally gave up. They all soothed the skin temporarily but never cleared up the dryness. I started using olive oil and that did seem to help a bit. Then....

Then I started using Aveeno Baby "Soothing Relief Moisture Cream" for no particular reason.... just another of many I tried (found it at Wlagreens). It did work! It worked fast! I also loved that I wasn't forced to use it all the time. I used it until the dryness cleared and now just keep it around to use when needed. I love it for my dry hands too!!! It says that it "relieves dry skin, even from Eczema" so it is pretty potent stuff. I don't think my son's case was Eczema.... all I know is that the dryness is gone and I am a happy momma now!

Good Luck!
Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM

I bet it's eczema triggered by vaccines.

Maybe you could try some coconut butter (oil) the organic type since the other is laden with chemicals.

Or virgin olive oil.

But you may have to try and rebuild his gut if he was vaccinated.

Not all kids have reactions to vaccines and many more don't know the final result yet. Vaccines deffinitely do something to the body.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the suggestion! I'm on my way to go get some.. I've also tried tons of things and yep nothing seems to "get rid" of the problem just cover it for a while. Thanks again.

Mommy to Two
Old 03-13-2007, 04:12 PM

Olive oil seems to help. Mine had super red cheeks also for a few weeks. I'm thinking he was getting his 2 year molars though. Aquaphore (sp?)helped alot too.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemommaof1 View Post
Thank you very much for the suggestion! I'm on my way to go get some.. I've also tried tons of things and yep nothing seems to "get rid" of the problem just cover it for a while. Thanks again.

If it is due to 'gut issues' NOTHING will help. Many things will clear it up for a while but it will come to the surface again and again. That is why I said, if she is vaccinated, you have to heal the gut and avoid all further vaccines.

User Tag List