Feeling yucky and Docs are stumped. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-05-2007, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just got my cat scan results back yesterday and it was NORMAL.

I started my yeast cleanse yesterday using Candex. I figured it would be the better remedy considering my bladder problems and so far no problems. This one said it does not cause a "die off" reaction and it has no vitamin C like the others. I also started taking a liquid multivitamin/mineral supplement to see if that helps.

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2007, 10:03 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
ITA with Staceyshoe, check out your adrenal function via a ASI saliva test from Diagos-techs. I have pretty severe adrenal fatigue & have all of the symptoms as you do.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 04-06-2007, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can anything be done about adrenal fatigue?

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :
Old 04-06-2007, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK_Mama
Yes, you can heal your adrenals - it takes time & commitment, no caffeine, elimination of stress & lots of sleep. There are supplements available, best to find a doc who knows what they're doing.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK_Mama View Post
Yes, it can be resolved. Based upon my experience and the experiences of others I've talked to, I believe that what works depends on the severity of the disorder. I spent 7 yrs of my life and over $20K going to dozens and dozens of practitioners, made lifestyle changes, dietary changes, took herbs, got various natural treatments, and it was completely ineffective (except taking massive doses of vit C which stopped my severe bruising). For many people, just one of those interventions would make a huge difference.

What finally worked for me was acupuncture. It completely changed my life. Before getting acupuncture, I was basically non-functional and now I'm able to have a normal life. It hasn't gotten rid of all my symptoms, but my quality of life is dramatically different. In worst case scenarios, you can take small quantities of bio-identical cortisol or Cortef to bring your hormones levels up to a normal range. There are some disadvantages to this approach, but it's literally a life-saver for those who need it. The tricky part may be finding a dr who is knowledgable about adrenals and able to help you. Feel free to pm or email me if you have questions or just need to vent to someone.

User Tag List