Frequent cloudy urine- 3 year old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-08-2007, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My newly three year old often has cloudy urine. The first drops that come out when she urinates in the toilet are usually a milky-white type color, and cloudy. We aren't using any type of diaper cream, which is the only thing I could imagine ould cause this. Beyond these first drops of urine, the rest is usually a clearish light yellow. This has been going on for a long time-- like maybe a year. Dd has no known health concerns and actually seems like the epitome of a healthy child. Her attitude and demeanor are wonderful, she rarely complains of anything, she eats amazingly well and has tons of energy. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? FTR, she nurses 2 X a day, drinks water and cow's milk (with chocolate syrup mixed in ). Rarely (several times a week at most), a cup of watered-down juice. Any ideas would be great!
#2 of 5 Old 04-08-2007, 11:45 PM

NO idea!
#3 of 5 Old 04-09-2007, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

THanks for the bump, Gitti. Bumping again.
Do I have to go to the doctor for this one? Please, no...I really don't love our pediatrician...
#4 of 5 Old 04-09-2007, 10:44 AM

Personally I would NEVER, EVER take a healthy child to a doctor. Always go by how the CHILD feels and acts. SHE knows her body and SHE will tell you when something hurts.

Don't rush with going to the doctor, they will find SOMETHING and the vast majority of time that something would have cured itself.

If you are worried, offer her a lot to drink for a day or two. Don't feed her much and just have drinks setting around. She can even play 'kitchen' with lots of water with honey and some sea salt.

I WOULD NOT TAKE HER TO THE DOCTOR. Not from what you have described. She seems like an overall healthy and smart child to me, she will let you know when she has problems.
#5 of 5 Old 04-09-2007, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 3 1/2 yo ds had cloudy urine as well and actually had a bladder infection. But he had other symptoms as well including stomachache and painful urination (sometimes).

I might get her some good cranberry juice and a serving of blueberries every day to see f that may help clear it up (if it is, in fact, a UTI). Cant hurt.

GL!

Sarah

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page