Mothering Forum banner

fatigued. gut problems. strange bump.

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  viking 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Have you seen an acupuncturist? Or are they not available in your area? That seems like it might help a lot of your issues. Also, have you tried cutting out anything, like the cruciferous vegetables? Or only eating them cooked? I am sorry you are so ill.

#10 ·
I will be back but these are my initial thoughts.

I think you are absolutely on the right track... but need to look outside regular medicine for help. You cannot convince most mainstream dr.s of these truths even when the evidence is in their own literature.

Another thing about these medications is that they effect mineral and vitamin levels such as magnesium and B vitamins which are implicated in many symptoms listed. You might find help in the Nutrition/Immunology 101 sticky in the Vaccinations forum.

Gut damage also inhibits production of neurotransmitters and absorption of nutrients.

The best book on natural depression relief, using amino acid therapy, is Julia Ross's 'The Mood Cure'. 'Depression Free Naturally' by Larson is supposed to be good too. And visit MDC mama Gale Force's website www.rebuild-from-depression.com

Magnesium deficiency is a big issue with restless legs syndrome.

I would do coconut, butter, palm, olive or cold pressed sunflower oil instead of canola/rapeseed:
http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/conola.html

Definitely try digestive enzymes, I think I posted to you in the HTG tribe thread about them too but haven't been there in a couple days. For many people, this will help to lessen allergic or intolerance reactions greatly.

#11 ·
Having suffered from gut issues my whole life and having a dh who has the strangest and could probably win a prize for the most food allergies I would recommend, before you do anything else, go on the elimination diet.

Most of your symptoms can be caused by food allergies/intolerances. If yours are and you can find out what foods to avoid wouldn't that be much easier than visiting doc after doc and trying all sorts of alternative medicines?

Sometimes the best answer is the most simple. But, the elimination diet is not easy and you'll have to really commit yourself. Also, see if you can find a doc to do blood tests for food allergies.

We knew dh was allergic to all fresh fruits and veggies. We found a D.O. that would do the blood testing. His results showed that dh is allergic to pepper, cinnamon (sp?), cane sugar, basil, rosemary, oats, yeast, and a ton of other spices and foods.

We would never have figured out cane sugar or pepper on our own. He did the elimination diet for 8 weeks. It was tough but boy did he feel better. Actually, he felt great. He had energy, his knees quit hurting him, he no longer had headaches, etc. Oh, and his gut issues cleared up (and so did some eczema on his skin).

Controlling diet is probably one of the toughest things to do but it is well worth the results.

Best wishes!

#12 ·
I think it was a good idea for you to post new. I hope you will get more posts from others here.

Are you on any over the counter or px meds now?

What is your dental condition? Do you have an filling of Amalgam?

Do you think there are possibilities that you may have received other forms of antibiotics, like Tetracycline, Keflex, Septra, etc etc because you can not take penicillin? Or have taken cortisone, prednisone or other corticosteroids?

Have you read anything about adrenal fatigue? www.bodyecology.com

I also recommend taking all the cleaning product that you bought at store out of your house, and start using natural product. Baking soda and lemon are good one to start with. There are tons of recipes on web to clean different things. Start eating organic foods, especially the veg and fruits. And start your food diary with every little details.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by viking View Post
Is The Pill playing havoc with your mental health?
"Although pharmaceutical companies now have warnings in their contraceptive packaging about side-effects that may be experienced, listing everything from "mild" symptoms of nausea, headaches, hirsutism and weight gain, to serious health problems like the increased chance of developing some cancers and osteoporosis, very little is said about a prevailing side-effect many women experience: depression."
http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com...pression.shtml

just say 'NO' to birth control pills

"What is not usually mentioned, or even known, is the metabolism of birth control pills by the liver requires extra amounts of the B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium and zinc. That means if you're taking birth control pills for years at a time, as are most American women, you're creating nutrient deficiencies. Weight gain, fluid retention, mood changes, depression and even heart disease can all arise from nutrient imbalance."
"The use of birth control pills is a major risk factor for developing yeast overgrowth because it promotes estrogen dominance. Because birth control pills give a woman's hormonal system a continual stream of estrogen, an imbalance is created, Science has shown us that there is a close link between estrogen dominance and yeast overgrowth."
http://www.beinghealthynaturally.com...ntrolpills.htm

warnings Trinordiol:
"Severe depression; varicose veins; high blood pressure; diabetes, fits (epilepsy); inherited deafness (otosclerosis); multiple sclerosis; the disorder of metabolism known as porphyria; calcium deficiency with muscle cramps (tetany); liver problems; gall-stones; heart disease; kidney disease; brown patches on the face and body like those that occur in pregnancy (chloasma); fibroids of the womb; asthma; problems wearing contact lenses; migraine.

Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you suffer from any of the above conditions for the first time while taking the Pill. If you have any other disease, make sure your doctor knows."
http://emc.medicines.org.uk/emc/asse...ocumentID=9729
does all of this just apply to the pill? what about things like the ring or iud? i have been on the pill but am looking to switch to something bc of my anxiety/depression. but i definitely need SOME TYPE of birth control.

#19 ·
#23 ·
Hi,

I have had nearly the same health issues ( I could list them if you are interested) as you for several months...and funny enough I am also 183 centimeters....supposed to be taller but lost my period for several years due to heavy athletic activity in high school. I just found out last week that I am severely anemic....

Do you have low blood pressure?
What did your bloodwork reveal about your iron levels?

I really hope that your health problems will not remain a mystery. You seem very pro-active, thus, I think you will find answers.2007 most impressive screensavers

myscreensavers.info

#24 ·
A thyroid was another one I was going to mention.

New Mama from gut tribe just recommended a book, "Feeling Fat, Fuzzy or Frazzled." You may find it interesting.

The book, "The Yeast Connection" speaks of pregnancy or birth control pill stimulates growth of yeast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.