What is wrong with my child? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He's been out of sorts for a few days. Sunday he wanted to play at the playground and then when we got there he just stayed on the grass watching everyone else play. I thought he had allergies because his nose has been runny and his eyes watery.
Monday started the whimpering cry. All day long he whimpered plus he took 3 naps which is not normal as he normally does not nap. Then he developed a slight fever (100) but by late evening he was up to 103 and waking from sleep every 5-10 minutes. By midnight his temperature was 105 in the rectum.
Today he's not gotten out of bed except when I made him go to the doctor. I had to carry him to the car because he hurt he said and he couldn't climb into the car himself.
If you ask him what hurts he says nothing. But he just cries a whimpering cry all day long. He's not eaten since Saturday. His drinking was fine Sunday and for most of Monday but he's not drinking anything today. He's had only one semi wet diaper since yesterday.
We took him to the doctor today and his ears were okay. They ran a strep test which came back negative, tested him for influenza which was also negative and did a chest xray which also came back fine. They couldn't find anything wrong with him. However if he still is running a fever tomorrow and crying the doctor wants to do blood tests.

He's 4 years old and has a some developmental delays that make him act younger than his actual age which I think is why we can't get him to say what is wrong with him. Any thoughts on what could be wrong with him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-02-2007, 12:07 AM

Has he had any medications or vaccines lately?

Just because he doesn't have the 'flu' does not mean he is not fighting some other virus. Fever and listlessness sound like it to me.
#3 of 4 Old 05-02-2007, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

No he's never had a vax in his life. I did give him some Benadryl when I thought allergies but he only had one dosage. Thanks for responding! It does make sense that it could still be a virus of some sort. The doctor did say there were alot of viruses going around in our area.
#4 of 4 Old 05-02-2007, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Poor little guy!!! Could just be some sort of virus. When I was 7 my mom told me I was acting similar to what you are discribing and I had mono, I have NO clue how a 7yr old can get it, but I did...Hopefully he will be feeling better tomorrow!

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page