Remedies for Planters Warts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-21-2002, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had planters warts on one foot for several years. I didn't do anything about them at first cause they were small, then because I was pregnant, and now because I am still breastfeeding. They are starting to hurt and I am looking for some holistic ways to treat them. Anyone have any ideas?

thank you,
jeanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 02-21-2002, 06:12 PM

sorry, don't have any holistic ways to treat those things!

I had probs for years....too many foot dr treatments, burning, acids, laser...ouch!

I finally got rid of them by using an over the counter acid, had to special order it...and them applying and scraping for months! I had them when pregnant, and some years before. I was finally able to get rid of them with the acid and scraping. Maybe there is a more natural product that would help dry the skin?

I also think that hormones/pregnancy had something to do with it also. When I finally rid my feet of the unwanted visitors I wasn't pregnant anymore.

good luck!
#3 of 14 Old 02-22-2002, 12:47 AM

There is an all-natural remedy that works wonders!!
It is called Pine Tar or sometimes called Black Ointment.
It's black and very pungent smelling! Apply it to wart and cover w/ bandaide. Repeat daily until wart disappears.
#4 of 14 Old 02-22-2002, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you both,

Bebe luna- I'm going to run out and get Pine Tar today! I don't want to put acid on my body if I don't have to, and I really don't want to do it while Eli is still nursing. But I have heard that the over the counter stuff works best Forestma.

-jeanie
#5 of 14 Old 02-22-2002, 10:21 PM

Try applying homeopathic Thuja (Occidentalis) tincture onto the wart with a Q-tip. Let dry. Apply several times a day.
The other thing to try is slicing a clove of garlic and placing a flat piece of the cut clove onto the wart, covering it with a bandaid or taping it in place somehow. Leave on a few hours. Do this a couple of times a day with a break inbetween.
I wouldn't do both of these things 9Thuja and garlic) at the same time.
Choose one treatment or the other. I am not sure if the garlic will work with a plantars wart, but it works on other kinds. You can't leave it on for too long though as it will eat away at the skin if left on overnight.
I have successfully used the Thuja tincture on plantars warts.
Good luck!
#6 of 14 Old 02-22-2002, 10:54 PM

I know this sounds strange but I read about it in Doctors Book of Home Remedies years ago and have used it myself. It is banana peel. You just use a small piece of skin and put the inside on the wart. Cover with a bandaid. Change it 2-3x per day. When I did it I just peeled the banana a little as I needed it so it stayed fresh.
Sheri
#7 of 14 Old 02-23-2002, 01:21 PM

You know if you try a garlic clove, see if you get garlic breath! I remember reading in a 6th grade health text book that if you rub garlic on your feet it will come out in your breath because the garlic molecules are absorbed by the capillaries in the feet, go through the blood stream and are released into the lungs.

No reason not to do it, just interesting 6th grade science trivia.
#8 of 14 Old 02-23-2002, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

I went looking for Pine Tar but had no luck...

Lunarmomma- I'm searching through my Northeast Cooperatives Catalog (the distributor for my local buying club) in search of Thuja tincture. What I have found is Thuja Occidentalis 6X in tablets. Can I add water and make a tincture of this?

Sheri- I have heard of the banana peel remedy for regular warts-

I'm just not sure I could keep a bandaid with garlic or banana peel on my foot- Eli is a busy busy guy. So I'm hoping for something I can apply and forget about.

Corriander- I love the smell of garlic on my skin- how my hands smell after chopping it- but I'd have to see the foot/breath connection to believe it! Perhaps I'll try it just to find out!

Thanks everybody,
jeanie
#9 of 14 Old 02-23-2002, 02:14 PM

No, you cannot make a tincture from the pellets. You have to start with the real stuff. You can call Santa Monica Homeopathic Pharmacy over here and order it. Their number is 310)395-4777. They will ship it to you.
Or any other Homeopathic Pharmacy should be able to ship it to you. Mission Pharmacy in Granada Hills, or Apothocary Pharmacy in Mar Vista. Sorry I don't have the numbers. But you need the pure tincture.
You don't need much of it.
1 oz or 2 oz bottle should be more than enough.
#10 of 14 Old 02-23-2002, 09:24 PM

I just picked up a copy of Herbs for Health and both the banana peel and Tea Tree oil were listed to work on Plantar Warts (by readers). It said to use regular tea tree oil neat on the spot but to put some kind of barrier on the skin around the wart like vaseline or unpetroleum jelly (salve) That seems like something you could use and leave on and also should be available at many health food stores.
Sheri
#11 of 14 Old 02-24-2002, 02:44 AM

This is going to sound really hoaky but when I was 9 or so, I had a wart on one of my fingers. I was too chicken to get it burnt off so my dad had an idea. I took a penny and a "spell" I'd made up (secret, of course) out to the back yard. Dug a hole, said the spell, rubbed one penny on each wart, and burried them and the poem. They went away soon after.

I had a wart on my heel several years later as a teenager and I just removed it with tweezers- the whole thing pulled out and there was basically a hole left in my foot, no blood or anything.
#12 of 14 Old 06-01-2002, 09:47 AM

Where I grew up, the "old wives" method of choice was to soak your foot daily in ice until the wart cleared!
I don't know for how long--I guess as long as you could stand it or until the ice melted!
Brrrr!
But worth trying, I guess!
#13 of 14 Old 06-01-2002, 11:54 AM

My sister got a natural concotion from the natural food store - it is called "Wart Wonder". She has been using it on a cluster of warts on her foot, but they are not going away yet, so not sure how it works. You have to apply 3x per day.
#14 of 14 Old 06-01-2002, 08:21 PM

Olive leaf extract capsules.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page