Painful sore/pimple inside my nose - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-07-2007, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I have a painful sore/pimple/infection in my nostril. It has caused my nose to swell and believe it may be part of a staph infection because I just had a sty a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas on how to get it better? Should I apply hot or cold compresses on the outside of my nose? Collidial Silver? Vit C? The pressure is very bad and it hurts constantly.

Thanks

- Crystal, mom to 4 kiddos expecting #5 very soon . We are a , , , , and family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2007, 02:32 PM

I get those in my nose quite often as well. I have no idea what causes them. I suffer from severe environmental allergies so I wonder if there is a connection?

I have found that if you can see it and empty the sore (they usually have quite a bit of puss in them) that they heal a bit faster.

I'm sorry I am not much help. If anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them as well.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:27 PM

I get these too every once in a while. I have no idea what they are. Sometimes I think maybe it's an ingrown hair?
All I've done is either press my nose if it's further back to pop it or use my finger tip if it's near the nostril end. Feels so much better and goes away after that.

User Tag List