Homeopathy and overdosage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-20-2007, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've taken an interest in and been reading up on Homeopathy lately since I bought a bunch of flu homeopathic tabs to replace cold meds last month (I just really didnt wanna go on drugs) and to my surprise (honestly I was skeptical : ) it worked, SO well, better than prescription drugs- My runny and itchy nose was gone within an hour! :

But I am still concerned about its health effects esp since I am TTC now. I searched and read over 20 pages here but this is what I keep reading 1) Its 100% safe and you cant even overdose on it 2)its so mild that its even compared to water(?!) 3)It does not interact with other medications/herbs.

So my question is: Then why and how does it work? I tried googling on it but what I found either does not answer my question, or the explanation is way too scientific and I cant understand.: How can something so effective claim to be 100% safe and have no possiblity of overdosage? If it can work to change certain symptoms/reactions in our bodies and even put a stop to pain, then sure it DOES have an effect when you take too much of it? I mean, either it does have an effect on the body or it doesnt, right? :

I really would appreciate it if some kind soul could enlighten me. Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 05-21-2007, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

No one can help at all?
#3 of 5 Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeris View Post
So my question is: Then why and how does it work? I tried googling on it but what I found either does not answer my question, or the explanation is way too scientific and I cant understand.: How can something so effective claim to be 100% safe and have no possiblity of overdosage? If it can work to change certain symptoms/reactions in our bodies and even put a stop to pain, then sure it DOES have an effect when you take too much of it? I mean, either it does have an effect on the body or it doesnt, right? :

I really would appreciate it if some kind soul could enlighten me. Thanks!
All good questions but I have no answers. I don't believe in homeopathy but it did work for my second grandson when he was teething. Two or three of those wee little globuli is all he needed for several house. It, however, did not work for my youngest grandson. He needed to bite the back of his hand, and that worked for him.

Also I know of a horse farmer who uses only homeopathy for his animals. He swears by it.

I give it to my oldest grandson and rely on placebo effects since he is 10 yr old and knows that it is supposed to work. I figure when it does work, it's his body taking care of it.

Lately I've come to realize that a lot of allopathic medicine relies on placebo effects as well....
#4 of 5 Old 05-22-2007, 12:54 AM

Homeopathy is what's called vibrational medicine. Basically your body has a whole bunch of electrical and electromagnetic fields, and when you're sick, some of those aren't working properly. The homeopathic remedy has its own vibratational/energy signature, and the human body is very sensitive to the energy signatures of things around it, or things that are ingested, injected, etc into the body...so basically homeopathic remedies can alter or normalize the electric or electromagnetic fields in the body. Clear as mud? I don't entirely understand it myself, but I read a really interesting book called "Energy Medicine" that explained it. I don't know whether the wrong remedy simply doesn't have any affect on the body, or whether it does but it's generally not a big deal...I agree that it doesn't entirely make sense that remedies can work but have absolutely no side effects if they're the wrong one.
#5 of 5 Old 05-22-2007, 10:30 AM

Like any "drug," it works or it doesn't. Penicillin doesn't work every time for every thing. It's about finding the right remedy,which is sometimes trying. You can't overdose on it because it's like the energy of the substance, no chemicals to poison you. You can however have a very strong reaction and they can be quite uncomfortable. If that happens a bit of coffee or mint will stop the remedy from working. That said, you shouldn't have coffee or mint while taking remedies nor should you eat or drink anything but water for a half hour before or after. Google Sheri Nakken, she gives on-line classes and has a universe of knowledge.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page