Old ear piercings keep getting infected - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2007, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I was an idiot as a young teen and pierced my ears myself with those earrings that are pointy on the back, I just pushed it through. I made two new sets of holes on my lobes (already had two sets of holes already) and then two holes up in one upper lobe. I have not worn earrings in those holes for a good 8+ years. Every once in a while one of these holes will get infected, it will get red, sore, and fill up with pus, and I'll have to break through the skin on the back of my ear to relieve it. I just want these holes to close it, I'm so tired of doing this, and it seems like I keep having to do it more and more lately.

I'm wondering if it is not because of how they were pierced but something else. I used to have my belly button pierced and it was constantly infected, I finally just let it close up, it was professionally pierced. And my second set of holes in my lower jobs also get infected sometimes and those were done when I was 10 or so. I do rarely wear earrings in those holes though.

Any suggestions?

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

User Tag List