THE Adrenal Fatigue Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 2286 Old 10-30-2007, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To help replenish my adrenals I've been taking Now's True Calm.
I only take it if I'm sure I won't be going out as it can induce drowsiness.
Also it can't be taken at the same time as my antidepressant.

I try to avoid having coffee when unneccesary as it becomes too much after 5-6 days in a row. Also I've been taking Vitamin B12 strips which help with stress and apparently (I just read this in an article) help regulate the sleep-wake cycle and the release of melatonin.

These things have been working for me.
#302 of 2286 Old 10-30-2007, 06:48 PM

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, I don't THINK it has, but I have a great book called Tired of Being Tired, by Jesse Lynn Hanley, M.D. I got this 2 years ago before I even heard of adrenal burnout or was even tested. It talks about diet, etc. It takes a lot of recipes from Nourishing Traditions....a cookbook I definitely want to get my hands on.

I'd also like to try and get the supplements from this company
http://www.futureformulations.com/. They are here in town. I interviewed with them for a receptionist position...sadly I didn't get it (go figure!) but I did enjoy learning about their products more. I'm already on a bunch of stuff, like I said in my previous post, but it gets so expensive....I'm burnt out on the money lol.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#303 of 2286 Old 11-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned

*bump* a lot of useful information here!
#304 of 2286 Old 11-05-2007, 06:45 PM

Holy Cow. I found this thread while searching for a completely unrelated topic and am just amazed. Can this be what's wrong with me? The last few months, I've been complaining to DH about how insanely tired I am, dizzy spells/vertigo, bizarre hypoglycemia (after eating!), etc. I have such a hard time waking in the morning and then "hit the wall" around 4 pm and have to have coffee or tea and a sweet snack. I crave sweets, which has never happened before. I'm nursing DS (aka SuckMonster) round the clock and *gaining* weight. I get confused, can't remember names of people and things, and generally feel unable to cope with life in general. I've had a long history of depression, but this feels different. I had a severe case of mono as a teen (out of school/life for over 3 months) and this fatigue feels somewhat similar to that, but more fatigue of my brain than my body. It feels like my brain literally shuts down. I ache, especially my back, but it's not the same as it's been before (granted I have a messed up back).

I've skimmed this whole thread and there's a lot of good information here, but I don't know what to do with it. I'm not in the US, I'm in Turkiye, and have no idea how to find a decent allopathic doctor, let alone a naturopath who deals with this sort of thing. I'm going to keep reading, keep googling, but would love to hear suggestions about how to deal with this outside of the US.
#305 of 2286 Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My doctor, at Clymer Healing Center in PA, does phone appointments. If you've read at least the first few posts, you know the jist of it. I listed Clymer's info in one of the first posts, my doctor is Dr. Neville, he does phone appointments all over the world.

Yours sounds like adrenal and/or thyroid, both are inextricably related.

You should be able to do some of the self tests there - a doctor should take your bp after you've been laying down for a few minutes & again, immediately after you stand up (you might get the light-headed feeling, I do.) It should rise by 5-10 points upon standing & then stop. He should also take your b again, after about 20-30 seconds after you rose to standing to make sure that it doesn't keep rising. If it doesn't rise at all or even drops upon rising, it's safe to say that you're suffering from adrenal fatigue to some extent.
You should be able to send saliva samples to Diagnos-Techs lab & Dr. Neville can help you interpret them & provide proper treatment.

Glad you found this thread.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#306 of 2286 Old 11-06-2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
My doctor, at Clymer Healing Center in PA, does phone appointments. If you've read at least the first few posts, you know the jist of it. I listed Clymer's info in one of the first posts, my doctor is Dr. Neville, he does phone appointments all over the world.
Actually, that's how I found this thread--you mentioned that he had a phone appt. from Turkiye while you were there.

I talked to DH about this last night and he's convinced that I'm depressed. Given that I have a nearly 30 year history of major depression, I can see how he'd leap for that. But I keep telling him--this is different. I've always had a heavy element of anger to my depression, but I'm not angry. I don't hate the world. The world just makes me tired. So very tired. I love my children with all my heart, but I want to get away from them because they wear me out. I want to sit in an empty room with no noise or unnatural light and just BE. At first I thought this was post-partum something-or-other, but DS is almost 8 months and it's not getting better.

I'm going to ask DH to start looking for an endocrinologist today so that we can cover all the usual suspects like thyroid and pituitary issues. I remember years ago having a few patients whose doctor ordered cortisol and ACTH tests and I had to draw blood at specific times (I'm a nurse), but I don't remember anything else about it. Would these be of any use in diagnosing adrenal fatigue? I understand the saliva test is the gold standard, but don't know if anyone here will be able to do anything with it. I've got a lot to learn about this and the information is so overwhelming--but everything is overwhelming to me right now.
#307 of 2286 Old 11-06-2007, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

I thought I said Poland - out of the US nonetheless!

I'd be leary of going by blood tests - mine varied so much from my saliva test. If you can get a doctor to sign for the Diagnos-Techs test, it'll only cost you $99 (plus maybe more in shipping since you're out of the US) & you can at least know where you stand. I don't think that just cortisol would be enough, in blood testing, it only measures your level at one time during the day - the fluctuation of the levels is what is really important in figuring out how to treat, kwim? I'm not sure about just doing the ACTH either.
Clymer can also help you find a doctor who might know more than most others about AF.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#308 of 2286 Old 11-07-2007, 02:20 AM

Turkish Kate, I think ongoing depression can affect the glands, including the thyroid and the adrenal glands, because the stress it causes. And they in turn make depression worse. Negative feed loop. Question is, what needs to be treated first?

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#309 of 2286 Old 11-07-2007, 04:56 AM

Quote:
I thought I said Poland - out of the US nonetheless!

I'd be leary of going by blood tests - mine varied so much from my saliva test. If you can get a doctor to sign for the Diagnos-Techs test, it'll only cost you $99 (plus maybe more in shipping since you're out of the US) & you can at least know where you stand. I don't think that just cortisol would be enough, in blood testing, it only measures your level at one time during the day - the fluctuation of the levels is what is really important in figuring out how to treat, kwim? I'm not sure about just doing the ACTH either.
Clymer can also help you find a doctor who might know more than most others about AF.
I tried calling Clymer yesterday, but only got an answering machine. Their website doesn't list their business hours and they don't say on the outgoing message, either. Do you know off-hand? I also sent an email asking if they know of anyone here, but haven't heard back.

I'm leery of ordering the test from here because customs is really bizarre about what they will let in/out, especially where healthcare is concerned. I don't want to be out $200 for something that gets impounded that I'll never use.

I've had a couple of references from a friend for two naturopaths and she says that they both speak English. I need to get my husband to call (I don't speak Turkish well enough) and see what their experience is, if any, with adrenal fatigue. I think DH is suffering as well. We've both been under enormous pressure since his mother moved in with us (83 with dementia and multiple health issues that she refuses to address)
#310 of 2286 Old 11-08-2007, 09:37 AM

Did I kill another thread? :
#311 of 2286 Old 11-08-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Kate View Post
Did I kill another thread? :
I'm still here! Just waiting on my test results and then I'll probably have treatment option questions.

:::
#312 of 2286 Old 11-08-2007, 01:34 PM

Turkish Kate, I don't know what to tell you, your situation is really rough.
The first place I would start is googling for natural hormone treatments in your area. Look for adrenal fatigue support groups online and see if there is anyone nearby who has successfully treated themselves or found a good doctor.

Where are you exactly? I don't know what to offer other than a

for intuitive readings click here :
#313 of 2286 Old 11-08-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
Where are you exactly? I don't know what to offer other than a
Istanbul, Turkiye. Thanks so much for the hug.

I had DH make an appointment with an endocrinologist for tomorrow. This was something that I had asked him to do before I found this thread and heard of adrenal fatigue. I made a list of all of my symptoms and hopefully will remember to take it with me. I'm so afraid that the doctor is going to think that I'm a nutjob and refer me for a psych eval. Unfortunately the naturopaths that my friend referred me to do NOT speak English and DH is not comfortable translating healthcare-related stuff.

I've googled adrenal fatigue and Istanbul and Turkiye/Turkey but have come up completely empty-handed. The only hits I get turn out to be Google Ads that have nothing to do with the subject. I hate Google Ads with a passion.

I'm wondering if my inability to track time would have anything to do with adrenal fatigue? I blink and think that it's been 2 seconds, but it's actually been half an hour. I have no idea where the time goes. Anyone else?
#314 of 2286 Old 11-08-2007, 08:45 PM

that sucks. there is a book on adrenal fatigue that might have some resources. I'll look around and see if my copy is unpacked, maybe I can find some online resources for you.

How frustrating. The language barrier would drive me insane. I'll go post in my adrenal fatigue group and see if anyone can offer any suggestions.

#315 of 2286 Old 11-09-2007, 12:47 AM

here is a place I just heard about that may have some help to offer:

http://www.intlhormonesociety.org/forum/

ETA-there is a book by a guy named Jeffries, called Safe Uses of Cortisol, someone suggested you get a copy of it also, and show it to any doctor you go to.

#316 of 2286 Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 AM

I am wondering if you can help me out with DH? I was diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue earlier this year, and pop in here every once in a while, but mostly lurk (.
I am concerned that he may have adrenal fatigue, if only a very mild form. But, am I just being paranoid cause it's what I have and I fear everone will get it due to our insane lifestyle?
His main complaint is major fatigue. He has slightly high blood pressure and slightly high cholesterol as well. (warning tmi) His interest in sex has been very little lately (makes me happy seeing how with adrenal fatiuge i have none either!). His work is extremely stressful, traveling across the world every couple of months, sometimes twice in one month. He is also in a executive MBA, very stressful during the week of class. Not to mention we have 4 kids and live in Asia, away from family. His parents are going through cancer stuff (more stress), and he has had to put up with me sleeping eccessively everyday due to my medical stuff since the baby's been born (1 yr ago).
His diet isn't bad, but definatley a bit too much sugar, and he relies on caffeine despite my continually telling him not to. The soda isn;t even giving him the lift he needs anymore.
I am worried, and keep telling him to get bloodwork, but he's being stubborn about it. He wants to se a regular Doc. not the one I see. He's not into a more natural lifestyle as I am.
Only thing is he doesn't get the highs at night often associated with A.F. He is exhausted in the evening, and often goes to ed when the children do. He gets up in the morning fine usually, but ALWAYS wants to nap right after lunch, on weekends or when he can.
He gets exercise often and tries to play golf for stress relief/fun. He's good about those things.
What do you all think?? I just wan tto see him better with more energy like he used gto be! Thanks for the thoughts.
#317 of 2286 Old 11-09-2007, 04:53 PM

Okay, so saw the endocrinologist who speaks English. Her primary concern was that I am exclusively nursing my almost-8-month-old DS. She started talking about how they should be on solids at 4 months. Ummm . . . . no. I told her that current recommendations are to wait until at least 6 months, but it is a moot issue with DS who won't swallow solids usually, and when he does just vomits. Weaning is not going to happen. She made some comment about the baby sucking my energy, but if that's the case, then why am I gaining weight? Doesn't make sense if calories in and calories out are roughly equivalent. My BP was 102/60, the low end of normal, but then I was incredibly anxious to be seeing the doctor in the first place so I think it was actually up from normal. She didn't do any other physical exam except for the usual heart tones/breath sounds (which are normal, of course). She ordered a bunch of labs that I have to get drawn between 7 and 8:30 am. I dunno how I'm going to make it to the lab with a baby in tow, but I'll figure something out. I have my doubts that the labs will show anything except the fringes of normal but here's the list:
*ALT/AST (liver function)
*BUN, Creatinine, uric acid (Kidney function)
*Basic chemistry panel: calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, GGT(not sure what this is), glucose
*Cholesterol panel: cholesterol, LDL, Triglycerides, HDL
*Anemia panel: folic acid, B12, hemoglobin, hematocrit, and a couple of things I can't translate
*erythrocyte sedimentation rate
*thyroid panel: TSH, Free T4, Free T3
*cortisol

I guess this is someplace to start, but I have the feeling that weaning is going to be her solution--she seemed really bent on that. I'll go for the next visit armed with The Womanly Art, although I don't know that it will do any good. I have the feeling that I'm going to have to piece together something from overseas and I hate having to do that. Ugh.
#318 of 2286 Old 11-09-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Okay, so saw the endocrinologist who speaks English. Her primary concern was that I am exclusively nursing my almost-8-month-old DS. She started talking about how they should be on solids at 4 months. Ummm . . . . no. I told her that current recommendations are to wait until at least 6 months, but it is a moot issue with DS who won't swallow solids usually, and when he does just vomits. Weaning is not going to happen. She made some comment about the baby sucking my energy, but if that's the case, then why am I gaining weight? Doesn't make sense if calories in and calories out are roughly equivalent. My BP was 102/60, the low end of normal, but then I was incredibly anxious to be seeing the doctor in the first place so I think it was actually up from normal. She didn't do any other physical exam except for the usual heart tones/breath sounds (which are normal, of course). She ordered a bunch of labs that I have to get drawn between 7 and 8:30 am. I dunno how I'm going to make it to the lab with a baby in tow, but I'll figure something out. I have my doubts that the labs will show anything except the fringes of normal but here's the list:
*ALT/AST (liver function)
*BUN, Creatinine, uric acid (Kidney function)
*Basic chemistry panel: calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, GGT(not sure what this is), glucose
*Cholesterol panel: cholesterol, LDL, Triglycerides, HDL
*Anemia panel: folic acid, B12, hemoglobin, hematocrit, and a couple of things I can't translate
*erythrocyte sedimentation rate
*thyroid panel: TSH, Free T4, Free T3
*cortisol

I guess this is someplace to start, but I have the feeling that weaning is going to be her solution--she seemed really bent on that. I'll go for the next visit armed with The Womanly Art, although I don't know that it will do any good. I have the feeling that I'm going to have to piece together something from overseas and I hate having to do that. Ugh.
Kate, go to the natural thyroid hormones adrenals group and ask Val for advice, she is the guru when it comes to deciphering the test info. I posted your first question there and they told me to send you over! I am still not very good at deciphering the test results or knowing exactly what means what, so I always ask Val.

#319 of 2286 Old 11-10-2007, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
Kate, go to the natural thyroid hormones adrenals group and ask Val for advice, she is the guru when it comes to deciphering the test info. I posted your first question there and they told me to send you over! I am still not very good at deciphering the test results or knowing exactly what means what, so I always ask Val.
Is that the Yahoo group? Feeling a little overwhlemed by all of the information out there. :
#320 of 2286 Old 11-10-2007, 08:04 AM

Turkish Kate, I have not been able to read your whole story yet, but wanted to come in and empathise. I am b'feeding a 1yo and have been going to a Dr in Singapore, who wants me to wean as well. This was out of the question and he knew it from the beginning when I was diagnosed (dd was 2mo). He says the baby is draining my energy as well. I continued to gain weight also. I had lost all of my preg weight (only 12 lbs) at her 1 wk mark, and now, she is 1yr and I am 20lbs overweight!
My thyroid is low due to my adrenal insufficiency. I am taking a dessicated n adrenal from a reputable online resource, that my Dr approved, and am also on a thryoid med also. Magnesium and Vit. C is amazing for adrenal insuff. also. These are all things that are okay while b'feeding.

The Yahoo group is very overwhelming, but if you ask Val for advice, she is very helpful. She is super busy answerinfg everyone's questions, but always takes the time. Head over there when you have your lab results and she can help interpret them as well.
Feel free to email me if you'd like. wendy
#321 of 2286 Old 11-10-2007, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

My naturopath asked me about the possibility of nightweaning but didn't push it at all when I said I wouldn't do it - Ds was 1 year at the time. Ds is now 20 months & he's still not ready to give up his night-nursies.

I'm sort of expecting to feel a whole lot better once Ds does nightwean and maybe even better once he weans altogether - though I might feel pretty down for a while. I LOVE our bfing relationship & it makes me sad to think about it ending, especially since Ds will probably be my last baby.

Kate,

I think that if you could get your hands on some good supplements, it would help you immensely. Without a proper saliva test (ASI) you shouldn't take hormones, like pregnenolone, etc, but I think you'd benefit from standard adrenal support:

raw glandulars, *from a good source, grass fed cattle, preferably from New Zealand

Dr. Baschetti's licorice - this stuff is SO delicious mixed with raw milk!

magnesium citrate or MamaCalm

Vitamin C - sodium ascorbate

A good B-complex

Cutting out caffeine, completely, avoid potassium, consume lots of sea salt, I've also started to use dried kelp on my food for iodine, going to bed by 10pm at the latest, sleeping as late as possible...my brain is toast ATM, I'll post back if I can think of anything else.

#322 of 2286 Old 11-11-2007, 12:23 AM

My naturopath is pushing for me to wean too. She wanted at 18 months but we are at 18 months and not ready. I told her possibly 22 months(I would have 2 months pumped to get her to 2 years), but she really pushed for 20 months. I have been cutting out sessions(we were doing 7 a day), and now we nurse about 4 times a day. I want to cut out the 11pm feeding, but a little worried she will wake more. right now she wakes around 5am to nurse, which is fine since she goes back to sleep. But I'm worried if I cut the 11pm she will wake more than once. She did good with the feeding cuts, acutally she never asked, I was the one who went and got her to nurse. I think she was ready to stop the ones we have stopped, I was always interrupting her play to go nurse.
Ok, enough of my rambling. Thanks momma's for the thread. It's very helpful.
Oh, and my regime is Isocort, Iodoral(iodine), Sea Salt, T3(just started), and my other vitamins like magnesium, post natal and vitamin C. She wanted to give me a licorice drink but wasn't comfortable with it and nursing.
#323 of 2286 Old 11-11-2007, 08:00 AM

Quote:
My naturopath asked me about the possibility of nightweaning but didn't push it at all when I said I wouldn't do it - Ds was 1 year at the time. Ds is now 20 months & he's still not ready to give up his night-nursies.

I'm sort of expecting to feel a whole lot better once Ds does nightwean and maybe even better once he weans altogether - though I might feel pretty down for a while. I LOVE our bfing relationship & it makes me sad to think about it ending, especially since Ds will probably be my last baby.

Kate,

I think that if you could get your hands on some good supplements, it would help you immensely. Without a proper saliva test (ASI) you shouldn't take hormones, like pregnenolone, etc, but I think you'd benefit from standard adrenal support:

raw glandulars, *from a good source, grass fed cattle, preferably from New Zealand

Dr. Baschetti's licorice - this stuff is SO delicious mixed with raw milk!

magnesium citrate or MamaCalm

Vitamin C - sodium ascorbate

A good B-complex

Cutting out caffeine, completely, avoid potassium, consume lots of sea salt, I've also started to use dried kelp on my food for iodine, going to bed by 10pm at the latest, sleeping as late as possible...my brain is toast ATM, I'll post back if I can think of anything else.
Thanks for the advice. I can get the B-complex, Vit C, and Mag, but the adrenals and licorice will be difficult. (Doesn't licorice drop your milk supply? I think I remember something about this, but my memory is kinda spotty these days.) I've never seen anything like that here and we don't have much in the way of health-food-type stores. We're pretty well limited to a reduced-inventory GNC. I never drink milk. Yucky. I don't know how in the world I will cut out caffeine. I did pretty well when I was pregnant--no coffee and limited my Turkish tea to 2 cups/day--but since baby was born, I've been slowly increasing my caffeine intake to the point that I'm not drinking much water anymore. I am drinking quite a bit of mineral water, though. I like the fizziness, reminds me of soda, but without the sugar and uckiness. I've been looking for sea salt without any luck for months.

I do go to bed early, generally by 10pm. DS nurses to sleep and I generally fall asleep with him. He's a night-nurser and doesn't eat much during the day, so night-weaning is definitely not going to happen. I also have a religious obligation to nurse for two years, so that needs to be taken into consideration, as well. We usually wake up together around 9 or so, sometimes a little earlier, so it's not like I'm not getting enough sleep-time hours. Granted, I wake several times in the night to switch sides, reposition, etc., but I'm not waking fully and I don't feel classically sleep-deprived, although I have had visual and auditory hallucinations, which I generally have when I'm extremely exhausted.

So I've been reading more about the mixed hypothyroid/adrenal fatigue thing and remember from tests done years ago that I was on the low end of normal for thyroid function--the lowest 1/3 of the curve, IIRC. From what I've read, this is actually a symptom of adrenal fatigue and that treating the "borderline" hypothyroidism can actually exacerbate the adrenal fatigue issue and make me sicker. Have I got that straight?

Lab tests should be back tomorrow and I'll probably see the doctor either tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions by then. Thanks for all the information!
#324 of 2286 Old 11-11-2007, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure Kate, about treating the borderline hypo & increasing the severity of the adrenal fatigue. I can ask my naturopath, but it won't be until the day before Thanksgiving.

Caffeine is HUGE, I really, really think you should try to wean yourself off of it, it just drains all of the cortisol from your body, something it's already struggling to maintain.

I'm pretty sure that my doc gets the Dr. Baschetti's licorice from Italy - I get that it might be impossible to get it through customs, but at least it's closer to you! I just did a search for Dr. Baschetti's licorice & found this interview - it explains why he recommends using milk. I've never had painful/swollen lymph nodes, but my naturopath believes that CFIDS (CFS)/Fibro is caused by adrenal fatigue, so I sort of took everything Dr. Baschetti said about that with a grain of salt - sea salt.
Darn, I got sidetracked - during my search I came across some bad info on Health Board after a poster asked about licorice in treating AF & I, of course, had to register & add my 2 cents. Now I've lost my train of thought...

Shannyshan,

Does your naturopath want you to wean completely or just at night? I can see how nightweaning could help our situations, but I don't see a problem with daytime nursing. My naturopath is anxious for me to resume my cycles (the other AF ) because he thinks it'll help to balance out my (sex) hormones but I'm opposed to inviting her back just yet.

I don't know about your Ds, but I nurse mine all night with the feedings getting closer in the early morning hours. I get up, make my delicious licorice drink & by the time Ds wants to nurse again, it's been quite a few hours. He's usually so busy in the morning (he's 20 months today.) I've been taking licorice for over 6 months now & I haven't noticed any problems with him.

I think licorice is really big in terms of healing adrenals.

#325 of 2286 Old 11-11-2007, 05:49 PM

Ok I am new here..
I have ben diagnosed with Graves Disease for 2.5yrs and even though m thyroid is "under control" according to the docs-I still feel "off". I am tired all the time, still losing my hair, thirsty all the time...I just cant figure it out and after reading some of the thread, I am leaning toward AF...
I just dont feel right ykwim?
All the docs seem to think I am a hypochondriac
Cause they do the standard tests and the are "normal".
So I thought I should join in the discussion.
Hi

Mom to Bouncy Breastfed fly-by-nursing1.gifDD energy.gifLoving Woman to DH, RIP DS Born at 22 weeks  ribbonpb.gif

#326 of 2286 Old 11-11-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess12808 View Post
Ok I am new here..
I have ben diagnosed with Graves Disease for 2.5yrs and even though m thyroid is "under control" according to the docs-I still feel "off". I am tired all the time, still losing my hair, thirsty all the time...I just cant figure it out and after reading some of the thread, I am leaning toward AF...
I just dont feel right ykwim?
All the docs seem to think I am a hypochondriac
Cause they do the standard tests and the are "normal".
So I thought I should join in the discussion.
Hi
Have you looked into gluten intolerance?

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#327 of 2286 Old 11-11-2007, 06:53 PM

I had all kinds of food and alergy intollerence testing and those all came back negative...I dunno.

Mom to Bouncy Breastfed fly-by-nursing1.gifDD energy.gifLoving Woman to DH, RIP DS Born at 22 weeks  ribbonpb.gif

#328 of 2286 Old 11-11-2007, 10:50 PM

Gosh, can't you tell the doctor about this so she won't pressure you anymore.
Quote:
I also have a religious obligation to nurse for two years, so that needs to be taken into consideration, as well.
My Dr. didn't tell me to wean at my appt 2 months ago but she told me that night nursing would make me tired and seemed surprised I was still nursing at 19 months or so and didn't have my postpartum AF yet. I guess she's not used to seeing many extended nursers. It would be really nice if DS nightweaned though I'm not going to push him before he's two, which he'll be in January... I have a feeling it will help my cortisol cycles a lot though.

I find out my test results in about 3 weeks, including whether she'll put me on Armour thyroid. For now I wait, and read.

-Kelly
#329 of 2286 Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 AM

I know I have read somewhere that wild yam is very nourishing to the adrenals and is also safe while pregnant and nursing.....
have any of you used wild yam ???
Also , I saw an herbal adrenal support by "Micheal's " with rhodiola..something
can any of you reccomend that one?
which herbs in your opinions work the best????
tia
#330 of 2286 Old 11-15-2007, 01:33 AM

I just read that tumeric works like corticosteroids, about 1/2 as well but with none of the side affects. I'm not sure if that's just for inflammation/arthritis-type problems, or for all things steroid-related (i.e. adrenal fatigue). At any rate, it seems like a pretty safe and easy treatment, if I can just get around to buying an encapsulator and making up some pills. Also good for prostate cancer prevention, I believe, although I think that's one problem I won't have to worry about .

I'm not sure what's going on with me right now. I was starting to feel a bit better, more energy, less cranky, less IBS-type symptoms, etc. But this past week I've been tired, cranky, heart flip-flopping today my legs are aching again, I'm getting dizzy when I bend over, teeth feeling fuzzy and turning yet a darker shade of brown (just gross, I don't want to talk or smile at anyone) etc., etc. I can't quite figure out what's changed. I'm just hanging on for two more weeks until I go to the ND who will have all the answers and give me lots of pills to fix my problem, right? Well, I guess staying up until 11:30pm isn't helping any.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page