THE Adrenal Fatigue Thread - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2008, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenvavee View Post
Currently a mom with adrenal fatigue and hypothyroid. I have a child who also has the same symptoms. Saliva testing confirmed dd's adrenal fatigue.
May I ask how old your dd is, and what her symptoms are/were?

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2008, 11:46 PM

subbing to this thread... and a ?

I have been on prednisone long term. I am showing signs of adrenal issues. I am sure my naturopath will check me out fully, but I haven't yet started to wean prednisone. I have a full month to go with eliminating all foods that I'm allergic/intolerant to and she wants me feeling as good as I can be before weaning. Anyone here wean from prednisone? I want off of it NOW but I know I have to go slow. I wish I had dealt with a naturopath/md a long time ago--she's a chiro, md and naturopath and she's already done amazing things for me in the recommendations she's given me.

Anyway, mind if I hang out here? I need to read it all... maybe when kids are in bed.

edited to add--naturopath said the stuff I am on is good for adrenal support, but ive read about adrenal cortex supplements too, suppose I need to get more off pred for this? she said nothing additional is necessary at this time.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:30 AM

Hi, I can't believe I'm not subscribed to this thread. I haven't read through it all, I will work on that over the next few days.

I have been diagnosed with a pituitary tumor, which we found out was shutting down my cortisol production and in essence shutting down my adrenals. The doctor told me he thought the adrenals themselves are OK, but that because of the pituitary not sending out the signals, I don't produce the cortisol. However, I feel that I have had adrenal fatigue for years and that the adrenals aren't functioning great regardless of the tumor.

so I will be back later....
Old 02-24-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
/yes, my dr wants me to get my amalgams out. /i won't be able to do that for a while b/c ds is still nursing. Also i'm reading about chelation, but find it overwhelming. For now, I'm eating as many fruits and veggies as possible and avoiding gluten and casein.

I stopped the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and have headed in the opposite direction. Way fewer simple carbs and more complex ones, always with a protein and fat at least. It seems to have leveled out my BS. I did have a reaction today I haven't had in ages though. I ate some oatmeal with PB this morning and had fish and rice for lunch. Right after lunch, I got relaxed and sleepy and just dozed off on the couch. I'm usually wired and tired, but not sleepy. I wonder did I do something wrong, or was that my adrenals "resting".

I'm way too much of a worrywart! Now I'm worried I have lyme or some other infectious somethin or other too. I have been bitten by a tick in the last 10yrs, but I didn't show the classic symptoms in the usual time given. I also had a tiny, partial bullseye mark around a two-holed bite several months ago. I do have joint pain that comes and goes, but I had had that before the bite and it seems to be affected by carbohydrates and food. The testing for lyme just stinks though, and I hate the idea of being on ABs for extended periods. I'm overwhelmed with all this info.

I read the Poesnecker book. Interesting. I'm also reading Wilson's book, but not getting a lot out of it. A little, but not much more than I've gotten reading online.

I'm getting really excited to see this new doc I found in Dallas. I have such high hopes....... Lotsa tests and maybe finally some help and guidance. I'm tired of all this self diagnosis.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:18 PM

My dd is 12 and we began seeing problem and changes in behavior about age 10 that seemed out of character for her. She had become depressed, moody, anxious, and would completely over react to everything. She was sensitive to light, sound, noises, touch, people being near her..just about everything. She was also not getting up in the am very well and could not go to sleep at night.
By age 11 she was having anxiety attacks, fear of things going wrong, more depression, just a miserable kid over all. At first I had no idea what was going on. I knew she had had a metal problem from her hair test. She had 5 amalgam fillings in her baby teeth, of which were removed at age 9. And of course her vaccines...anyway. I was researching symptoms of thyroid for myself and came across the STTM site. When I read the adrenal stuff, that was us totally. At this point she has started putting on weight like crazy. She gained 25 pounds in just that year. This was not normal for her. She usually gains 3-5 a year along with growing an inch or two.
I charted her body temps like the site says. She was always below normal and fluctuating through the day. I checked her pupils for reactivity to light, and she failed that test too. With her anxiety getting worse, and getting panicky all the time, I took a plunge and began adrenal cortex for her. This calmed her down within days. No more panic, reduced anxiety, less sensitive to noises, etc. All the symptoms were lessened, some went away. She began waking up at 7 or 8 am and going to bed before 11pm. I ran the saliva panel because when we talked to the pediatrician about her weight gain and depression and other thyroid symptoms..all they did was run a TSH. The results were 3.04. They said it was borderline high and they would recheck in 6 months. I didn't like that answer. Since just about everyone in our family is hypo...we did the test. Now we are going to see an Integrative Pediatrician for a consult about her endocrine problems. I have no clue what they will say. I know docs don't like to treat adults let alone kids...
If she misses her adrenal cortex...I can tell. She starts ranting, raving, yelling, blowing up over things, out of control..
Old 02-24-2008, 02:47 PM

More questions from me.

I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and I was wondering what I should bring with me (if anything), and what specifically I should ask him about. I was going to bring the list of symptoms from STTM, and my log of temps I've taken as well (not many, but enough; range is between 94.6 - 97.1).

Anything else?

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2008, 03:47 PM

double post...lousy browser

Old 02-24-2008, 03:48 PM

Wow, thanks queenvavee, for your post. Your daughter is truly lucky to have you as her mother.

Sorry if this is obvious or has been discussed here already, but what is adrenal cortex?

Old 02-24-2008, 09:51 PM

Thanks for sharing that queenvavee. You are such an observant mommy! I'm worried for daughter, too. I've read that daughters who are born to mothers with AF have a high likelyhood of having weak adrenals. DD is easy going (around DH ), but is a light sleeper. That could be other things though. I have 16 fillings and 8crowns. She's BFd and I'm sure she's getting quite a bit of mercury from me. As soon as she's done nursing, I'm looking into having my amalgams removed, and chelating. I'll probably see about having my BMilk tested too. I'm really not sure where to start with testing her and chelating there. The chelation thing scares me outta my wits, so I'm doubly cautious about doing that with her. I'm wanting to test her for all sorts of metals and teach her relaxation techniques from an early age.

I wonder how much healing I can do before getting these fillings out. I'm really overwhelmed too, because this is gonna cost as much as a really nice car.

RECIPES!!! I'm having a hard time coming up with quick to grab snacks. I'm not used to doing the complex carbs since I've been on simple ones for a few months now, and never was much of a cook before then. I want a power bar recipe. something balanced with protein and carbs and fat. I've looked online, but they all have protein powder in them. I want a better protein than that. I'm also interested in learning to cook with millet. something akin to cornbread and crackers. Looked online there too, and most of the recipes there contain wheat flour or rye or barley. I also need to avoid milk. Good on eggs though. Have y'all found any good AF healing recipes?
Old 02-24-2008, 11:12 PM

I really like this cook book: http://www.amazon.com/Schwarzbein-Pr.../dp/1558746811

I don't really agree with some of her views in her book but her cookbook is great!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:47 AM

Manonash, I'm actually in the works of gathering best foods for us (AF people) and recipes to incorperate those foods into our diet. I'm also a mostly keep it supper simple type cook, but homemade isn't always super simple. Unfortunatly, I'm also heading into my busiest time of year.

Reese

Ahhh tea the essence of life.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofmany View Post
More questions from me.

I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and I was wondering what I should bring with me (if anything), and what specifically I should ask him about. I was going to bring the list of symptoms from STTM, and my log of temps I've taken as well (not many, but enough; range is between 94.6 - 97.1).

Anything else?

Thanks!
I would bring a list of MY symptoms. And a list of requested blood work you would like done.

If it were me I'd like the following:
* free T3--most people seem to feel best with this at the top of the range
* free T4--most people seem to feel best with this in the top 1/3 of the range
* TSH
* TPO (thyroid peroxidase antibodies)
* antithyroglobulin antibodies
* TSI antibodies
* ferritin--most people seem to do best with ferritin 70-80
* B-12--based on our research, this should be at least 800, and 1000 is better. If you've been supplementing B-12, then testing it directly may not be valid--the MMA will be a more accurate test.
* Vitamin D (make sure it's the test for 25(OH)D)

Good luck & keep us posted!
Old 02-25-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannieP View Post
I would bring a list of MY symptoms. And a list of requested blood work you would like done.

If it were me I'd like the following:
* free T3--most people seem to feel best with this at the top of the range
* free T4--most people seem to feel best with this in the top 1/3 of the range
* TSH
* TPO (thyroid peroxidase antibodies)
* antithyroglobulin antibodies
* TSI antibodies
* ferritin--most people seem to do best with ferritin 70-80
* B-12--based on our research, this should be at least 800, and 1000 is better. If you've been supplementing B-12, then testing it directly may not be valid--the MMA will be a more accurate test.
* Vitamin D (make sure it's the test for 25(OH)D)

Good luck & keep us posted!
Thank you! I was going to highlight what my symptoms were off that list so I wouldn't forget anything. I'll write down those tests too.

I'll post what I find out!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the recipe info.

Mommyofmany, good luck with your doc visit and your testing!

I made me an appt with a new doc in Dallas. I'm hopeful.

Maybe you all can help me figure out something. I felt mentally better when I was eating only simple carbs as my carb source, but I was getting bad hypoglycemia. When I switched to mostly complex carbs, I hit the floor. I got fatigued and weak and tired, but my pain symptoms are better as is the hypoglycemia. Was I just forcing more out of my adrenals with the simple ones? Do i have a candida problem that is playing a role here? (Probably, because candida often overgrows as a protective measure against high mercury levels -- it absorbs it). On the complex carbs is my brain happier, so my adrenals are resting? If so, then why is my brain fog worse? I'm sooooooooooo confused!
Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM

I am finding the set up of this board hard to reply to individual messages....

Anyway, adrenal cortex is an organic adrenal glandular (no cortisone) that provide nutrients and support so the adrenal glands can get a break as well as heal. It requires no doc you can order it online. Nutricology Adrenal Cortex it's called. Or Allergy Research Group Adrenal Cortex. This is what you'd want to use if you cannot get someone to treat you, or use cortisone. You can also use a supplement called IsoCort. This one has about 2mg of cortisone per dose, so it's very low but helpful, it also had the adrenal gland in it. For that one though see STTM for dosing it correctly.
Adrenal cortex you begin with one cap in the am see how you do. You can continue to add caps at noon and 3pm as you need them. Basically, you slowly work up to a dose that works for you and stay there. It has been tremendously helpful here, especially since these doctors can't seem to believe that we have adrenal fatigue or thyroid problems at all.

Ok next reply:""That could be other things though. I have 16 fillings and 8crowns. She's BFd and I'm sure she's getting quite a bit of mercury from me. As soon as she's done nursing, I'm looking into having my amalgams removed, and chelating. I'll probably see about having my BMilk tested too. I'm really not sure where to start with testing her and chelating there. The chelation thing scares me outta my wits, so I'm doubly cautious about doing that with her. I'm wanting to test her for all sorts of metals and teach her relaxation techniques from an early age.

I wonder how much healing I can do before getting these fillings out. I'm really overwhelmed too, because this is gonna cost as much as a really nice car.""

Yes it does cost a nice car. I paid $6500 to have my 12 amalgams removed. I had paid someone else $250 to remove the other two. I went to a wonderful doc who is specially trained to do this in PA. (email if you want to go to PA and I will tell you where). So I re-mortgaged my house to pay for it...don't care. It's the best thing I ever did. I was pretty sick before hand. My kids have a lot of Hg from me too.
Chelation...don't be afraid...what I suggest is going to a group called Mercury Autism (no your kid does not have to be autistic). They help with safe low dose chelation for children and adults. This is what we are doing and it's working great. Some chelation like IV's is scary and can be dangerous..these are usually the kind you read about. There is a better way.
A book called "Amalgam Illness" By Andrew Hall Cutler is a life saver. He recovered himself from his mercury poisoning from his fillings. And his protocol is currently helping tons of people..including us. So please don't be afraid to get well..it's just going to take time, learning and finding the safest way.
As for testing your child or yourself...Mercury-Autism or that book can help with that too. We did a simple hair test..Non invasive only costs about $75. You need to get the right one though..I can't go on too long on here or this post will be forever....but anyone can email me for more help.

Hang in there!
2 years amalgam free!!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:02 PM

From the low sugar symptoms try chromium picolinate with meals. Begin with one tablet at breakfast. See how it goes. This really got my symptoms under control.

Candida is something anyone with fillings, whose had vaccines, who's taken antibotics or birth control would have a problem with. Using daily probiotics can help control it somewhat. I also have to use antifungals like grapefruit seed extract when it gets bad. I have actually gotten rid of yeast infections that way. Now I have milder yeast issues than what I had before.
Of course, until all the metals are out...it will continue to be a problem, but you can be more comfortable in the meantime...
Old 02-26-2008, 04:04 PM

went to an endo yesterday and she is going to draw blood, inject me with cortisol, and then an hour later draw blood...is this a good test to have done? or should I ask for a spit test also?

thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 04:16 PM

That's the ACTH stimulation test.
Here's an explanation of it:
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com...opic.php?t=288

I would definitely also get the saliva tests. The stim test is good for determining if cortisol is low due to pituitary involvement or simply underactive adrenals. Saliva testing will measure the actual cortisol levels over a 24 hr period.
You can order them yourself for $109 from diagnos-techs thru canaryclub.org.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:22 PM

Hi, can I bug you all for a moment?

What would you say to these results?

All tests were taken on day 19 of my cycle, though I may have ovulated on day 18.

Saliva:
Estradol: 14 (HRT Target Range: 5-13 pg/ml; Follicular: 5-13 pg/ml; Luteal: 7-20 pg/ml)

Progesterone: 352 (HRT Target Range: 100-300 pg/ml; Follicular: 20-100 pg/ml; Luteal: 65-500 pg/ml)

Free Testosterone: 10 (Borderline: 5-7 pg/ml; Normal: 8-20 pg/ml)

Cortisol
7-8 am: 20 (13-24 nM)
11-12: 10 (5-10 nM)
4-5: 3 (3-8 nM)
11-mid: 1 (1-4 nM)

CB: 34 (23-42)

DHEA: 6 (Adults (M/F): 3-10 ng/ml)

I'm surprised by the cortisol readings as I have an impossible time getting up in the morning but can't fall asleep until after 2-4 am. In fact, I felt like death warmed over when getting the 7-8 am sample. That's earlier than I normally get up (8:30-9:30 if i'm lucky). But I've always been like that, and have several family members who are the same way, so maybe it's genetic?

I'm also posting over at Real Thyroid Help (thanks FrannieP!) but I wanted to get your opinions here as well.

Those ranges seem pretty normal to me, so I'm thinking that maybe my issues (no libido, fatigue, loss of motivation, concentration, depression, etc) aren't adrenal issues after all and I need to start looking in a different direction.

Thanks!

~Julia
Old 02-26-2008, 04:56 PM

how's your thyroid? Thyroid also causes these symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutgendorf View Post
Hi, can I bug you all for a moment?

What would you say to these results?

All tests were taken on day 19 of my cycle, though I may have ovulated on day 18.

Saliva:
Estradol: 14 (HRT Target Range: 5-13 pg/ml; Follicular: 5-13 pg/ml; Luteal: 7-20 pg/ml)

Progesterone: 352 (HRT Target Range: 100-300 pg/ml; Follicular: 20-100 pg/ml; Luteal: 65-500 pg/ml)

Free Testosterone: 10 (Borderline: 5-7 pg/ml; Normal: 8-20 pg/ml)

Cortisol
7-8 am: 20 (13-24 nM)
11-12: 10 (5-10 nM)
4-5: 3 (3-8 nM)
11-mid: 1 (1-4 nM)

CB: 34 (23-42)

DHEA: 6 (Adults (M/F): 3-10 ng/ml)

I'm surprised by the cortisol readings as I have an impossible time getting up in the morning but can't fall asleep until after 2-4 am. In fact, I felt like death warmed over when getting the 7-8 am sample. That's earlier than I normally get up (8:30-9:30 if i'm lucky). But I've always been like that, and have several family members who are the same way, so maybe it's genetic?

I'm also posting over at Real Thyroid Help (thanks FrannieP!) but I wanted to get your opinions here as well.

Those ranges seem pretty normal to me, so I'm thinking that maybe my issues (no libido, fatigue, loss of motivation, concentration, depression, etc) aren't adrenal issues after all and I need to start looking in a different direction.

Thanks!

~Julia
Old 02-26-2008, 05:13 PM

Are you guys exercising? I want to exercise to get the mood boosting benefits, but it does seem to zap me of energy. Maybe I need to keep with it for a few days and then my body will adjust?
Old 02-26-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenvavee View Post
how's your thyroid? Thyroid also causes these symptoms.
These are my thyroid results. Someone commented that the free T4 and T3 looked low.

I've also got a low red blood cell count, but my dr. said it was fine. I need to ask her why a low count is normal.

Saliva:
fTSH 40 (Normal 26-85 nlU/ml)
fT4 .12 (Normal .17-.42 ng/dl)
fT3 .39 (Normal .28-1.10 pg/ml)
TPO Negative (Normal: Negative)

Blood Serum
S-TSH 1.6 (Normal .4-7.0 ulU/mL)
S-fT4 1.0 (Normal .8-2.0 ng/dL)
S-fT3 1.5 (Normal 1.4-4.2 pg/mL)

Thanks,

Julia
Old 02-26-2008, 06:12 PM

Nicole, what kind of exercises are you doing? Believe it or not that can be a factor. If you are hypo-t, do less stimulating exercises like yoga or Pilates; if you are hyper-t (sorry i can't remember) do stimulating exercises like aerobics or other heart raising exercise.

NOW, I don't exercise right now, not been released to do so from the dr., but when I start up again, it'll be non-stimulating in the morning/day time, and if I do it before bed, then I'll do stimulating. Reason is, being hypo, stimulating makes more tired, where as the non-stim makes me feel rejuvenated.

Just like the foods you put in your body depending on hypo-hyper, hypo you would put in non-stimulating foods and visa versa.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutgendorf View Post
These are my thyroid results. Someone commented that the free T4 and T3 looked low.

I've also got a low red blood cell count, but my dr. said it was fine. I need to ask her why a low count is normal.

Saliva:
fTSH 40 (Normal 26-85 nlU/ml)
fT4 .12 (Normal .17-.42 ng/dl)
fT3 .39 (Normal .28-1.10 pg/ml)
TPO Negative (Normal: Negative)

Blood Serum
S-TSH 1.6 (Normal .4-7.0 ulU/mL)
S-fT4 1.0 (Normal .8-2.0 ng/dL)
S-fT3 1.5 (Normal 1.4-4.2 pg/mL)

Thanks,

Julia
IMO your adrenals look good.
I would say you are definitely hypothyroid though.
Have you tested for ferratin (not just hemoglobin)
Vit D (25-hydroxyvitamin D)
These could be a biggy w. your symptoms.

If it were me I'd get these tests and start on thyroid support.
You may want o get a blood test for antibodies also.
My saliva thyroid panel tested negative (common) and my blood labs antibodies were sky high.

I've learned that I need to ALWAYS get the actual labs from md - too often his idea of "normal" is rather questionable (putting it mildly!)
Old 02-26-2008, 08:48 PM

Sorry to seem late to the game here... how do you go about getting the saliva testing done? I am on prednisone and have been on it for a long time. I'm working on a protocol to wean from it with the naturopath. Could/would she be able to order the saliva testing? Would it be best to wean further before checking everything out or would now be a good time? I'd appreciate your thoughts on this stuff. I have a ton of the adrenal fatigue signs/symptoms.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mom View Post
Sorry to seem late to the game here... how do you go about getting the saliva testing done? I am on prednisone and have been on it for a long time. I'm working on a protocol to wean from it with the naturopath. Could/would she be able to order the saliva testing? Would it be best to wean further before checking everything out or would now be a good time? I'd appreciate your thoughts on this stuff. I have a ton of the adrenal fatigue signs/symptoms.
You'd have to wean entirely before doing the saliva test b/c the prednisone is definitely effecting your cortisol levels.
Your naturopath is I'm sure able to order the test - willing is another story.
You can one yourself from diagnos-techs through canaryclub.org.

I'm not sure how long you'd need to be off of prednisone to get accurate test results - hopefully someone else here knows.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannieP View Post
You'd have to wean entirely before doing the saliva test b/c the prednisone is definitely effecting your cortisol levels.
Your naturopath is I'm sure able to order the test - willing is another story.
You can one yourself from diagnos-techs through canaryclub.org.

I'm not sure how long you'd need to be off of prednisone to get accurate test results - hopefully someone else here knows.

My dr said a couple of weeks at least, but I guess it depends on how much you are on? I'm giving it 4 weeks to be sure...i just took 3 pills out of one those z-packs I had for a sinus infection. Then I change my mind. Look up the half life...it is like 24-36 hrs.

The exercise I was doing was aerobics. oops. I wanted to get my heart rate up for the seratonin purposes, but it zaps the life out of me.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:53 AM

Well, that was kind of a waste of my time. I thought this doctor would've been more receptive to me, but nope. I tried asking twice for the additional tests, but he only ran the TSH & free T4, plus the vitamin D.

So now I'll probably just order that saliva test & go from there.

ETA: He said if these come back normal, he'd just raise my Zoloft dose a bit . I'm not happy with how it went.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:21 PM

Nicole, yup, if exercise zaps you, I wouldn't do it. That's definitely draining your adrenals further. I've seen mild exercise recommended for AF sufferers, but not aerobics.

queenvavee, thanks for all your information. I would love to know the differences in the different hair tests. All I've read says they are unreliable most of the time, and that you can kinda learn things from patterns in panels. I'm really itchin to get the Cutler Book. It sure is pricey though, although it does get rave reviews.

Anyone else having a hard time with food? I'm having a horrible time with it. I'm hungry all the time, but very little tastes good or satisfies. I can't tell when I'm full and overeat, causing my tummy to hurt. Then, it takes while for the food to finally digest but I'm hungry again before it does because my brain is yelling for more carbs before the protein gets digested. I'm guessing I need some digestive enzymes? Which ones are safe during BFing? Betaine HCL? After I first eat in the morning, even lightly, my tummy feels heavy (about 1/2c of peas and rice), and I'll feel some version of that uncomfortable feeling most of the day. Also, not long after I first eat, I'll start getting the restless leg thing and lower leg discomfort. It gets better throughout the day. In some ways, I'm forcing myself to eat because I know I'm gonna feel bad when I do, but in some ways I'm starving and want to eat all the time.

I'm also feeling like I really need to nightwean DD. She doesn't sleep well and neither do I. It doesn't matter what she eats before she goes to bed, she's typically gonna wake up 3-5x a night and gets really upset if denied nursies. I really dread doing this. I've read a couple of different methods (which really just seemed to be variations on a theme), but just can't visualize them. I think it's this brain fog thing and the fact that I can't hardly make decisions for the life of me. Even easy ones. I get hung up trying to do the dishes -- do I throw this away, wash it by hand, does it need sterilizing, can I wash this in the dishwasher with this other thing...? It runs me batty!

Sorry for all my complaining, y'all. I'm really tired this morning. Ever since I switched back to complex carbs, I've been crashing.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:39 PM

Shonda, please don't feel the need to appolgize here. I really think we all understand here.

My problem is that I get hungry, I know I'm hungry, but I don't feel like eating, so I don't, and won't until I feel ill, then it's a quick handful of nuts, a piece of fruit. I know this isn't healthy, but I can't seem to get to that point of wanting to fix something to eat. I do notice that when I eat any kind of carb, I crash easily, but I crave them something awful. I can eat, in small portions, some carbs, as long as I eat them with a meat protein. If I don't eat between 5-7 ounces of meat protein a day, I feel sick and foggy. Basically, I'm listening to my body, if what I do makes me feel better, I take note and do it more often, if it makes me feel bad, I eliminate it despite the cravings. There are a lot of foods I've eliminated, just on the lip tingle thing (I eat something if my lip tingles, I avoid it thereafter), or if my gut hurts soon after.

I'm actually considering a diet of smoothies in the morning, hot meal for lunch and smoothies for dinner (I'd like to start juicing as well, for the raw nutrients) and whatever snacks I can bring myself to eat throughout. Just getting enough food into me is my problem. Perhaps it's something to consider.

As for digestive enzymes, perhaps eating papaya or taking papaya pills will help.

I have a question for ya'll, something I've been pondering over.

Many years back I was having pain on my front/right side lower gut area. I had tests done of everything the dr. could come up with, and in the end, nothing so they put me on charcoal treatment (omg, I thought I would die, that made me so sick). Anyway, ever since I've still had that pain, sometimes bad and sometimes not at all, but always the same spot. I looked up recently a diagram of anatomy, and it seems in that area would be the adrenal glands. Is it possible this has been going on all these years undetected, other than a twinge of pain that I notice (I'm pretty intuned to my body so notice a lot of these things)? Has anyone else ever noticed a twinge of pain in that general area?

Just me thinking out loud.

User Tag List