THE Adrenal Fatigue Thread - Page 43 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1261 of 2286 Old 11-25-2008, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
Do you have contact information for the company on it? This is really bugging me after a discussion about gluten-free food that really wasn't gluten free. : I'd like to know what another vegetable source is, since the sources everyone mentioned above were all animal except for soy.
The only contact info on the bottle is the website: interplexus.com

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#1262 of 2286 Old 11-25-2008, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
The only contact info on the bottle is the website: interplexus.com
thanks, that works

for intuitive readings click here :
#1263 of 2286 Old 11-25-2008, 01:11 PM

Well, it seems our (dh and mine) ASI test results are in, but we can't get to the ND's until Friday (she only works M, W, F, and her only opening tomorrow was while dh was at work). I am very curious about the results. I hope they give us some answers. For now, though, I am just continuing with all the supplements she has me taking, which I do think even by themselves, are helping me feel better (multi, b-complex, b12, vit. d, clo, vit. c, and a stress-reducing herbal blend).

On a side note, does anyone ever experience dizziness? I have thought that it was because of overly congested sinuses (my sinuses are always congested, but sometimes much more than normal), but then I started wondering if the dizziness feeling was due to something connected with AF.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#1264 of 2286 Old 11-25-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
On a side note, does anyone ever experience dizziness? I have thought that it was because of overly congested sinuses (my sinuses are always congested, but sometimes much more than normal), but then I started wondering if the dizziness feeling was due to something connected with AF.
I've been wondering the same thing.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#1265 of 2286 Old 11-25-2008, 01:44 PM

I definately experience dizziness. That was the reason I went to the naturopath to begin with. I was feeling better, my hypoglycemia was under control, but I was dizzy almost constantly. My ND put me on low dose hydrocortisone and that really helped. I still get dizzy if I don't sleep enough.
#1266 of 2286 Old 11-25-2008, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Definitely dizzy. I can tell if I've overdone it if I experience a lot of dizziness. Before I started treatment, I was dizzy every time I stood up. After Ds was born, I got so dizzy at the post office, I couldn't drive home. After a while of treatment, the dizziness seemed to recede quite a bit. I've had a lot of recent stress & have noticed that I've been dizzy more frequently & more severely. It has to do with your blood pressure. At my last adrenal appt., my bp was awful & as I stood up for my ND to take my bp, I had a terrible headrush. I can always tell if my bp reading is going to be good or bad depending on the headrush or lack thereof.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#1267 of 2286 Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 PM

On dizziness in adrenal fatigue:

Cortisol gets made at the cost of the other adrenal hormones. One of those hormones is aldosterone, which is responsible for regulating sodium/potassium balance and blood pressure. When it's low, you lose sodium quickly and then your blood pressure drops. When you're blood pressure is low, one symptom can be dizziness, especially on standing up.

So try eating salt? (and avoiding potassium)

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#1268 of 2286 Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 PM

Yes, I belong to the adrenal fatigue yahoo group and they suggest drinking sea salt in water.

Is anyone else taking hydrocortisone? Was anyone on it and went off? I'm wondering if it was the wisest decision to go on it in the first place. I feel like I will never be able to get off of it, even though I'm not taking much.
#1269 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 12:15 AM

I also use salt to deal with the low aldosterone. For me, the difference is night and day, and it also affects my endurance. Now, if I get a headrush, I immediately go drink down some salt water.

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

#1270 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
Cortisol gets made at the cost of the other adrenal hormones. One of those hormones is aldosterone, which is responsible for regulating sodium/potassium balance and blood pressure. When it's low, you lose sodium quickly and then your blood pressure drops. When you're blood pressure is low, one symptom can be dizziness, especially on standing up.
So, for folks with adrenal problems but _without_ low blood pressure, does that mean their aldosterone is okay, and their bodies are just compensating in atypical ways? Or is it a completely different mechanism likely making their blood pressure high (or high-normal, mostly I mean not low like most of us) and their aldosterone is still low? And would it follow, then, that they are not as sensitive to potassium as the rest of us?

I don't expect you to really know, but if you have a guess, I'm all ears.
#1271 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post
Do you have contact information for the company on it? This is really bugging me after a discussion about gluten-free food that really wasn't gluten free. : I'd like to know what another vegetable source is, since the sources everyone mentioned above were all animal except for soy.
What foods are not gluten free that say they are?

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#1272 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 01:23 AM

Where would you get brains, anyway? I haven't seen them for sale around here. They are popular in the South, where I was born. I remember the valedictorian of the class ahead of me said one of her favorite foods was brains & eggs. At the time I was a vegetarian and totally grossed out, but now I wonder if that's how she got to be so smart.
Interestingly enough, I had a test for amino acids, and was deficient in serine.

#1273 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
I did a search and I can't find the thread now.: Another MDC mom was complaining she bought something that was supposed to be gluten free and her dc reacted to it, and when she called the company there was wheat flour in it that wasn't declared on the label. :

I just went through my history back to the 17th and can't find the thread. I would have thought it would have been under allergies, but I couldn't find it there either.

for intuitive readings click here :
#1274 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 09:37 AM

I wanted to add in on the salt conversation.

I suspect that I have some kind of andrenal/hormonal problems due to my weight gain/slow loss, heavy periods and fatigue. Other than being hypothyroid and now taking Armour for it, all of my blood tests are showing in normal range. I've always had normal/low BP.

For teh past 11 months, I have been working out a lot in an effort to lose this weight. I work out 45-120 minutes a day, 4-6 days a week. (have lost 30 slow pounds but I have burned enough calories to lose 90, LOL). After working out sometimes, I was having days with extreme fatigue. I thought that I was getting my HR up too high and 'bonking". So I started keeping my workouts low intensity, weight loss slowed, but I still felt yucky.

My brother is an iron man triathlete. he recommended buffered salt tabes to me, as they help him a lot. I never found the salt tablets, but I now keep a can of sea salt for my workouts. I either dissolve it in water, or if I get to teh car right after or in teh middle of a workout, I eat the rocks out of my hand.

I am amazed at the difference in how I feel, and I can feel it within minutes. I also am very impressed with my body and how the salt will taste yummy for a few seconds, and when it starts tasting too salty, I assume that my body has had enough and I spit it out/stop eating.

I'm lurrking for brand names or types of salt that I shoudl be looking for to get a wide range of minerals (is it minerals that I am after???). The last time I was at teh HFS, I saw a block and grater of salt. woudl that be teh best kind? it was not a white block, but more amber color. it was super expensive, but I woudl assume that it woudl last a long time. input??? TIA

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#1275 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Celtic sea salt is supposedly "the best" & Redmond's Real Salt is right behind - there are probably other smallscale brands that may be as beneficial, but as far as I know, Celtic Sea Salt is top of the line.

Grain & Salt Society - they have a great newsletter...

#1276 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, and CathToria - have you read Gary Taubes' Good Calories, Bad Calories? GREAT book. It's quite scientific, but Taubes really delves into the calorie & fat myths & he talks about carbs as the culprit for many modern diseases & weight gain.

#1277 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
So, for folks with adrenal problems but _without_ low blood pressure, does that mean their aldosterone is okay, and their bodies are just compensating in atypical ways? Or is it a completely different mechanism likely making their blood pressure high (or high-normal, mostly I mean not low like most of us) and their aldosterone is still low? And would it follow, then, that they are not as sensitive to potassium as the rest of us?

You pose a good question, Tanya.

#1278 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post

Totally just a guess

There are a bunch of different things that regulate blood pressure besides aldosterone, the effects of aldosterone are just easier to control with diet (more salt=higher blood pressure, less salt=lower blood pressure).

If I were guessing whether someone had an aldosterone issue or not, I'd look at other things that aldosterone regulate - including the sensitivity of sodium taste receptors So if you crave salt, you need it to get the minerals in the right balance in your blood.

However, if there's something else regulating the blood pressure higher that's balancing the lowering effect of low aldosterone, then correcting the aldosterone might create a more dangerous situation of too-high blood pressure.

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#1279 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathToria View Post
I'm lurrking for brand names or types of salt that I shoudl be looking for to get a wide range of minerals (is it minerals that I am after???).
Strange as it sounds, you actually want the sodium. When adrenals are weak, our bodies don't hold onto sodium properly, so we pee out most of what we consume. But by consuming more, we hold onto more.
#1280 of 2286 Old 11-26-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoMe View Post
Totally just a guess

There are a bunch of different things that regulate blood pressure besides aldosterone, the effects of aldosterone are just easier to control with diet (more salt=higher blood pressure, less salt=lower blood pressure).

If I were guessing whether someone had an aldosterone issue or not, I'd look at other things that aldosterone regulate - including the sensitivity of sodium taste receptors So if you crave salt, you need it to get the minerals in the right balance in your blood.

However, if there's something else regulating the blood pressure higher that's balancing the lowering effect of low aldosterone, then correcting the aldosterone might create a more dangerous situation of too-high blood pressure.
Thx, need to think more after Thanksgiving (5d away from home), as always the weird questions are about my husband. He's a puzzle to me.
#1281 of 2286 Old 11-27-2008, 02:04 AM

Hey I was just diagnosed with premature ovarian failure due to my levels of estrogen and FSH. Estrogen was <20 and FSH 116. Irregular periods, hot flashes moodiness were some of my other symptoms. My ob/gyn told me that my ovaries were failing and my RE told me I had to do HRT. I was not ready to accept that as my diagnoses. It just did not feel right to me. So I started doing research online about natural therapies for HRT and found a chiro who is also certified in acupuncture and nutrition talking about adrenal fatigue on his website.

When I read the symptoms I knew that adrenal fatigue sounded more like what I was going through. So I have already had one consultation with this Dr. They are doing some testing on me, tissue analysis and the ASI. I think that he thinks I have heavy metal poisoning and adrenal insufficiency. I hope that this chiro can fix me and so I am not stuck taking synthetic hormones for the rest of my life.

I will try to keep everyone posted on my treatment.

Oh yeah anyone getting acupuncture for this too? Also what kind of supplements are rx for this?
#1282 of 2286 Old 11-27-2008, 09:33 AM

are you going to be tested for metals? If so I'd wait on the zinc.
#1283 of 2286 Old 11-27-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
There was just an article in the Chicago Tribune on how some Whole Foods brands that claimed to be GF or nut-free were tested and found not to be. It happens.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#1284 of 2286 Old 11-28-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mama View Post
There was just an article in the Chicago Tribune on how some Whole Foods brands that claimed to be GF or nut-free were tested and found not to be. It happens.
That's atrocious. Well, just goes to show you never know with those big companies.

#1285 of 2286 Old 11-28-2008, 09:42 PM

Well, we got our results today. Dh and I are almost identical (no surprise there really, though he was a bit worse off than I).

We both have depressed free rhythm cortisol in morning and noon and elevated at midnight. Our DHEA levels are ok, but we are both in zone 5 - Non-adaptive, Low Reserve on the graph.

We are also both hypoglycemic (I already knew that about myself), have a depressed mucosal SIgA, and gluten intolerant (already knew that too and we already keep GF for the entire family).

So, we are doing the multi vit/min, b-complex, b12, vit. d, vit. c, clo, magnesium, licorice, DHEA (for me), phosphatidylserine and adrenevive. And she wants us to retest in about 4-6 months.

This weekend I plan on retooling our diet (which honestly was already pretty good, but not eating frequently enough and making sure we get protein with every meal/snack) and re-writing our supplement schedule. I am happy that we finally have an answer, and feel very hopeful that we will finally start feeling better.

#1286 of 2286 Old 12-01-2008, 03:20 PM

Did I kill the thread?

#1287 of 2286 Old 12-01-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Did I kill the thread?
I think we all got busy with Thanksgiving. I did a 13hr road trip each direction (which is good, thought it would take 15hrs!).

on both of you dealing with adrenal problems. We are too, we've had hard times when we've both been feeling bad. It's hard when neither of us is feeling good--we tend to feel bad and feed into a negative cycle off each other. This fall I think I've turned a corner and am really starting to see a lot of positives (not really with my adrenals, they're still not great, but other stuff) and so I finally have the extra energy to baby him. He deserves it, he's kept us going these past few years. Take care of yourself as much as you can, really try to relax and focus on being happy. I had a hard time with that, but this fall I've really started seeing the benefits.
#1288 of 2286 Old 12-01-2008, 07:02 PM

Based on my research (largely here) I've added more B vitamins and Magnesium with REALLY great results. Anger: gone. Joy: feeling it for the first time in years. Thank you mamas for giving me back my life!!!

Two questions, though:

-We are TTC #2 and I am 15 DPO with no signs of AF, but negative PTs. Are the all extra B's making my LP crazy long? I'm excited I might be pregnant, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Just for the record, I didn't get positive POAS results with my daughter for a long time for some reason.

-I like taking Magnisium at night because it helps me sleep oh so well. How do I know I don't need some Ca, too?
#1289 of 2286 Old 12-01-2008, 07:06 PM

I use mag citrate to address this specifically. Basically if the mag gives you lose stools it's time to up the calcium. I like Natural Vitality and what I have people do is take the cal/mag in the am and the NaturalCalm (mag) at night. If you hit the 3 tsp of mag that is the rec'd dosage and have loose stools as a result you need more calcium. If you hit the 3 tsp with no issue then you likely have a good amount of calcium.
#1290 of 2286 Old 12-01-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
If you hit the 3 tsp of mag that is the rec'd dosage and have loose stools as a result you need more mag. If you hit the 3 tsp with no issue then you likely have a good amount of calcium.
Do you mean you need more calcium, in the first sentence?

Pat

I have a blog.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page