Mothering Forum banner

THE Adrenal Fatigue Thread

254K views 2K replies 211 participants last post by  royal 
#1 ·
I've posted in a few threads about my recent diagnosis of Adrenal Fatigue & have had a few requests to start a specific thread, so here it goes!
Anyone else who is on this journey to heal their adrenals, please join in the discussion! I plan on updating after every appointment.

I go to Clymer Healing Center in Quakertown, PA. Dr. Neville (95% of his patients are adrenal patients), has phone-appts from all over the world every day. Last time I was there, he had one from Poland & one from Turkey. Here's their other site, on CFIDS/Fibro (see below.)

I did an ASI saliva test (Adrenal Stress Index.) That should be the first step - my doctor ordered mine through DiagnosTechs lab. After that, he came up with a healing plan. Everyone is different & the saliva test is essential in finding out what phase of adrenal exhaustion you're in. It cost me $99.

Here are my saliva test results:

Adrenal Stress Index (ASI) 3/07:

Free cortisol rhythym****** Reference Range

7:00-8:00am - 10 Depressed 13-24 nM
11:00-noon - 3 Depressed 5-10 nM
4:00-5:00pm - 2 Depressed 3-8 nM
11:00-midnight - 2 Normal 1-4 nM

Cortisol burden - 17 23-42

DHEA - 2 - Depressed 3-10 ng/ml

According to the "Cortisol-DHEA Correlation Zone, I am in zone 7 (Adrenal Fatigue), the lowest possible zone - 1 is the highest & is called "Adapted to Stress."

I also have Hypoglycemia, which is the first symptom of adrenal fatigue - I've had it for as long as I can remember.

Total Salivary SIgA Reference Range

5 - Depressed Normal: 25-60 mg/dl Borderline: 20-25 mg/dl

Just for comparison's sake, here are my blood test results (from 2/07) - the saliva test is SO much more accurate!

My progesterone is non-existant, <.5, less than a post menopausal woman.

My estradiol (estrogen) is 22, which is in range. (Not very accurate.)

My testosterone is in range, but towards the lower end. (Total - 12, free - 1.2)

My DHEA is very low, 35, the reference range is 40-325.

My cortisol is 13.5, which is in range. (HA! This is why you need to do a saliva test throughout the day!)

Vitamin D was 37, in range (I've heard that 40 is ideal & you don't want to go over 50.)

Thyroid: (doctor said this was good.)
T-4, free - 1.1
TSH - 1.86
T-3, free - 296

There is a book called Chronic Fatigue Unmasked 2000 that was written by Dr. Gerald Poesnecker. Dr. Poesnecker worked at Clymer for 40+ years researching adrenal fatigue & treating patients. His theory is that Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia is a double sided coin, both caused by adrenal fatigue. My doctor, Dr. Neville, worked alongside Dr. Poesnecker & before Dr. Poesnecker passed away in 2004, he chose Dr. Neville to take over his work & patients. Oh, and a bonus, he's really into WAPF.

I don't have physical fatigue even though my test results would suggest so. I have the "dread horror anxiety" that is a symptom of adrenal fatigue. My body just doesn't have the cortisol to cope with any type of stress, physical or emotional. I need to try to cut back on nighttime nursing, that's the only issue that I can't control. I've had no caffeine for almost 4 months now, don't even crave it. I have had a few bites of chocolate (mostly on easter) but I've been really good about not having it.

My doctor asked if I was eating enough red meat, so I think that animal protein is very important when dealing with adrenal fatigue. I feel like I eat enough, I eat 2-3 eggs every morning for breakfast & some form of animal protein each night, beef, chicken or salmon usually.

The important supplements are a high quality B-complex, vitamin c (sodium ascorbate is good) & a magnesium supplement, also a good multi vitamin/mineral. The diet *must* be a whole foods diet, no crappy processed/packaged foods. Another big recommendation is salt & lots of it.

I salt everything heavily (sea salt.) My doctor wanted me to drink a glass of salt water first thing in the morning & I tried but I couldn't do it.
I limit potassium intake, no bananas, dates, figs, minimal fruit. Breakfast is VERY important, something with protein & lots of salt. No juices, minimal sweetener in teas - I use a dab of honey.

Dehydration is a biggie for AF patients. We have a problem with the sodium/potassium ratio (why we shouldn't eat potassium rich foods & need lots of salt.) I know when I first wake up in the morning, all I want to do is chug down 2 pints of water, but I have to wait until I get a good amount of salt in my system.
When I first wake in the morning, I cook eggs & salt them very heavily - after I eat them, then I can drink water, but plain water on an empty stomach is a no-no. We need *a lot* of salt. You'd be surprised how many people suffer unknowingly from some degree of adrenal fatigue - especially us sleep deprived mamas.
I'm also *almost* EBFing my 14 month old, my milk makes up about 95% of his diet, so that doesn't help with the dehydration issue.

Bottom line, our adrenals need salt, our bodies NEED salt!

Cutting out caffeine is MAJOR, as is eliminating stress, seriously eliminating it - whatever it is, negative people, high stress job, relationships, whatever, if you want to heal, you need to eliminate it. Rest is very important, we're supposed to be in bed by 10pm at the latest & sleep till 9am if possible (ha!) take any naps you can get. A sleeptime routine is also essential, going to bed & waking at the same exact times each night/morning. (I have yet to perfect this routine!)

My doctor says that the thyroid is always affected when one is suffering from adrenal fatigue - even if it doesn't show up in testing.

Low blood pressure is one of the symptoms of adrenal fatigue - it's even used as a diagnostic tool, I've always had low blood pressure, low body temp. too. I went for my appointment this week (5/07) & my blood pressure was 94/50 & that's a HUGE improvement! It actually rose 10 points after I stood up which is also HUGE since up until now, it hasn't budged when I rose from laying down to standing up - a classic sign of adrenal fatigue.

One of the diagnostic tools is to have the patient lay down, relax for 5 minutes, while laying down, take the patient's blood pressure. Then have the patient stand up & take the blood pressure reading again, if it fails to rise or drops upon standing, that's a sign that you're adrenals aren't working to their fullest capacity & it should be addressed.

A couple of fantastic books are Chronic Fatigue Unmasked 2000, by Dr. Poesnecker (the link is for the first edition, there's a newer one available now with the "2000" in the title) & Adrenal Fatigue, the 21st Century Stress Syndrome by J. Wilson. The first one, by Poesnecker, is much more in depth in terms of treatment & how the neuroendocrine system works, which explains *how* adrenal fatigue occurs. Here's Wilson's website.

Here is my treatment plan: ***before taking any supplements/medication to treat adrenal fatigue, an ASI saliva test is needed to determine the stage of adrenal dysfunction you are in, it's VERY important in deciding which supplements to use.***

I started out taking 1 tablet of Mil Adregen by '******' brand. It contains raw spleen concentrate, raw adrenal concentrate, raw thymus concentrate, citrus bioflavinoids, vitamin c, vitamin B6, vitamin B5 & zinc. I have slowly built up to 3 tablets a day, taken at meals.

I also started out taking 10mg of bioidentical pregnenolone by 'Pure' brand. I am currently taking 30 mg/day all in the morning. The necessary dose depends on how severe your adrenal fatigue. I'm still working up to a higher dose.
Pregnenolone is the first hormone that our bodies convert from cholesterol. It is at the top of the adrenal hormone cascade & is made into cortisol, DHEA & all of the sex hormones, estrogen, testosterone & progesterone. Pregnenolone usually has zero side effects where bioidentical DHEA supplementation can often have masculine side effects like rage & facial hair growth.

I take "Seriphos" by InterPlexus as needed, a proprietary blend 1000mg of phosphorylated, Serine/Ethanolamine which has a calming affect & helps take the edge off of the anciety.

Those are the supplements that my doctor gives me, aside from those listed above, I take these (with his approval.):

B-50 complex by Now brand
Magnesium citrate (powder) by Now brand
Selenium 200 mcg by Now brand
Zinc 50 mg by Solaray

HTH!

See less See more
#102 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by APmom2Libby View Post
I just had to share my experience with a doc I found on the Stopthethyroidmadness.com website.....

Yay!!!

So far I have been unable to find one in my area since we moved, but I self treat also.

#104 ·
I have an appointment this afternoon, I've moved up to weekly appointments since my BP dropped even more.
: Buuuuut, that means almost 2 hours roundtrip in the car w/o kids, kind of peaceful if I can keep my mind from wandering.

I had a rough weekend, found a tick on Dd2 - ticks & Lyme are my phobia which, as far as I'm concerned, started this whole adrenal mess in the first place (my phobia, not ticks or Lyme) & I had an awful ocular migraine on Sunday that hit me out of nowhere like a freight train & I ended up puking & then falling asleep for an hour.) I won't be surprised today if my BP is lower than normal again. I tend to get that "health anxiety" & while I felt like I was dying during that ocular migraine, I had the "what ifs," "what it it's an aneurysm?" "brain tumor?" "Lyme?" I hate that.

I plan on bringing up some questions, I'll post back with anything interesting or potentially helpful.

#105 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
I have an appointment this afternoon, I've moved up to weekly appointments since my BP dropped even more.
: Buuuuut, that means almost 2 hours roundtrip in the car w/o kids, kind of peaceful if I can keep my mind from wandering.

I had a rough weekend, found a tick on Dd2 - ticks & Lyme are my phobia which, as far as I'm concerned, started this whole adrenal mess in the first place (my phobia, not ticks or Lyme) & I had an awful ocular migraine on Sunday that hit me out of nowhere like a freight train & I ended up puking & then falling asleep for an hour.) I won't be surprised today if my BP is lower than normal again. I tend to get that "health anxiety" & while I felt like I was dying during that ocular migraine, I had the "what ifs," "what it it's an aneurysm?" "brain tumor?" "Lyme?" I hate that.

I plan on bringing up some questions, I'll post back with anything interesting or potentially helpful.
I hope your appt. went well today and you were able to enjoy your peace and quiet in the car. I know that the anxiety issue is part of the whole adrenal fatigue thing (it's an ugly cycle, isn't it?) but just wanted to let you know that lyme isn't the total nightmare that allopathic medicine makes it to be (through their poor testing and treatments). What I mean to say is that, yes, it's bad, esp. when untreated, but it's very treatable. My sister and BIL went to a ND for a variety of problems and the doc found the bacteria that causes lyme (he can't diagnose lyme or the AMA starts suing
: ) and was able to easily treat it with a bunch of herbs and other supplements, black walnut and the like. Shortly after my sister's hip stopped bothering her and she was able to get pregnant after years of trying. Anyway, just thought I'd mention that so that you could focus your anxieties on some other health problem

I go to my doc (P.A.) tomorrow to see if she'll test and treat me for adrenal fatigue. Their office uses the Diagnos-Techs testing, probably the hormone tests, so maybe she'll be up for it. I'm not too hopeful though, since I went about an irregular heart beat I developed shortly before getting pregnant with ds2 and after a little testing (low b-12, low-normal thyroid???) she said as long as there weren't other symptoms it's just something I'll live with, like the other 1/3 of the country with this problem
: Since I started magnesium suppplements for my aching legs the irregular heart beat has gone away, as long as keep up the supplements. After a little research I found out that it's critical to heart health so, duh, I could be depleted. All that to say, if she didn't know that then I'm not to sure about her ability to treat adrenal fatigue, but she's covered by insurance so I'll start there first. I do have hope though, if she doesn't work out, that I can see the ND my sister saw (2 hours away). Dh said the other night that if it takes seeing Dr. Anderson to get my sex drive back then it'll be worth it
I guess he's tired of the worn out, unresponsive lump that I've become during sex.
I didn't used to be that way so we both know something's wrong and I'm pretty sure that it's more than just two little boys.

#106 ·
Ok, add me to the list. I met with my ND today and I have adrenal fatigue, along with some other issues. She put me on Adrenal Dessicated by Standard Process, Iodoral Iodine/Potassium supplements, Ferrum Phos cell salts, Digestive enzymes, and a homeopathic remedy. Anyone know about the adrenal support and iodine?

#107 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shannyshan View Post
Ok, add me to the list. I met with my ND today and I have adrenal fatigue, along with some other issues. She put me on Adrenal Dessicated by Standard Process, Iodoral Iodine/Potassium supplements, Ferrum Phos cell salts, Digestive enzymes, and a homeopathic remedy. Anyone know about the adrenal support and iodine?
I have some info in this thread about potassium, every good piece of info I've ever read says that adrenal patients have a potassium/sodium imbalance & that sodium is what we need - not potassium, taking potassium further depletes our sodium. My doctor told me to drink salt water & to use as much salt as possible (sea salt) & to avoid high potassium foods.

RachelJ., thanks for that, it really helped me to see Lyme a different way - every other bit I read about it is SO alarmist & downright horrible, sends my adrenaline through the roof!

So, my appointment did not bring good news. I've been in an agitated state since removing the tick from my Dd on Friday night. My gut says that she's fine, I don't think the tick was embedded enough to pass anything. But, it unleashed the thoughts again - why am I not healing?

My BP showed my stress, it was higher than it's ever been, 105 laying down & 115 standing - contrary to my initial response, this is not good - it was just reflecting my mental state.

So I'm to take my Seriphos - a lot & often. I need to break this fight or flight cycle.

#108 ·
Woo hoo! Got my results. The good news (because it means I'm not imagining this) and bad news is that things are pretty out of whack.

7-8 am, 18, normal, range 13-24
11am-noon, <1, depressed, range 5-10
4pm-5pm, <1, depressed, range 3-8
11pm-midnight, <1, depressed, range 1-4

DHEA, 7, normal, range 3-10

This puts me in Zone 5: Non-adapted, low reserves.

Waiting for blood test results, then I'll meet again with my naturopath and get her recommendations and go from there. Looks like I'll probably need to see an MD as well to get cortisol that it seems like I could really benefit from at this point.

I feel you on the anxiety issue. Last week and this one have really sucked in that department and I have about the least stressful life of anyone I know. I can't *wait* to see some improvement in that area as well as increased energy.

#109 ·
Hey you're DHEA looks good though - that's great news! I'm not so sure about cortisol being the best bet - my doctor hasn't suggested it & I'm in zone 7 (aka as bad as it gets.) I think the bovine organ extracts are a more natural approach, I've also heard that it's really tough to wean off of the cortisol - just some food for thought....

Congrats on feeling validated!
It's nice to be able to blame our symptoms on something, isn't it?

#110 ·
Hello all.

I am pretty sure I have AF. My ND told me that she was 100% sure that I had it without even taking the test (that's a bold statement!) but that I should take it anyway so that we can figure out where I am and how to treat.

So I have a question. I want to order a test but am unsure of which one is the best:

Canary Club offers this one:

Adrenal Stress Tests (four samples for cortisol and DHEA) .. This involves one saliva sample collected in the morning before breakfast, another sample collected around noon (before lunch), another around 4 p.m.
(before dinner), and another around 10 p.m. (before bed).

And Direct labs offers this one:

This profile offers an average value for DHEA in the noon to P.M. time window. It measures IgA, a marker for antibody activation of the mucosal immune system response. Also measured are Antigliadin Antibodies, a marker for reactive allergic sensitivity to a component of wheat and other foods. Either of these markers may be elevated in stress syndromes. Elevation of either marker would indicate systemic compromise resulting in gut permeability, allergic response and/or food sensitivity. Symptoms could vary widely. Includes:

DHEA-Sulfate
Cortisol - four specimens
Secretary IgA
AntiGliadin Antibodies

I want to make sure I get the one that is really going to diagnose me and not leave me with questions. Thanks!

#111 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nurturedbirth View Post
Woo hoo! Got my results. The good news (because it means I'm not imagining this) and bad news is that things are pretty out of whack.

7-8 am, 18, normal, range 13-24
11am-noon, <1, depressed, range 5-10
4pm-5pm, <1, depressed, range 3-8
11pm-midnight, <1, depressed, range 1-4

DHEA, 7, normal, range 3-10

This puts me in Zone 5: Non-adapted, low reserves.

Waiting for blood test results, then I'll meet again with my naturopath and get her recommendations and go from there. Looks like I'll probably need to see an MD as well to get cortisol that it seems like I could really benefit from at this point.

I feel you on the anxiety issue. Last week and this one have really sucked in that department and I have about the least stressful life of anyone I know. I can't *wait* to see some improvement in that area as well as increased energy.
I'm pretty sure that with a cortisol reading that is "0" during any part of the days means that you should be checked for Addison's Disease....I'm not sure if the good DHEA rules that out though?

#112 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
Hello all.

I am pretty sure I have AF. My ND told me that she was 100% sure that I had it without even taking the test (that's a bold statement!) but that I should take it anyway so that we can figure out where I am and how to treat.

So I have a question. I want to order a test but am unsure of which one is the best:

Canary Club offers this one:

Adrenal Stress Tests (four samples for cortisol and DHEA) .. This involves one saliva sample collected in the morning before breakfast, another sample collected around noon (before lunch), another around 4 p.m.
(before dinner), and another around 10 p.m. (before bed).

And Direct labs offers this one:

This profile offers an average value for DHEA in the noon to P.M. time window. It measures IgA, a marker for antibody activation of the mucosal immune system response. Also measured are Antigliadin Antibodies, a marker for reactive allergic sensitivity to a component of wheat and other foods. Either of these markers may be elevated in stress syndromes. Elevation of either marker would indicate systemic compromise resulting in gut permeability, allergic response and/or food sensitivity. Symptoms could vary widely. Includes:

DHEA-Sulfate
Cortisol - four specimens
Secretary IgA
AntiGliadin Antibodies

I want to make sure I get the one that is really going to diagnose me and not leave me with questions. Thanks!

The Canary Club Diagnostechs test will do your cortisol, TSH, free T3, free T4. both antibodies and estradiol, progesterone and testosterone.

There is some debate as to whether or not saliva testing is accurate for sex hormones though.

I don't know about the other testing company...

#113 ·
Thanks Kim. You've been very helpful.

I ask because the canary club said that they did not do the Anti-TPO or TgAb for thyroid as you stated that I need.

Also, I didn't know if the Secretary IgA and AntiGliadin Antibodies were important in diagnosing adrenal fatigue. Because canary club does not offer those either. And direct labs offers all of these.

#114 ·
Here are my results:
Free Cortisol Rhythm
7-8AM 16 normal
11-noon 3 depressed
4-5 4 normal
11-midnight 5 elevated
cortisol burden 28 (normal)

DHEA 2 depressed

Cortisol-DHEA Correlation -2 Adapted w/ DHEA slump
Patient result interpretations
Marginal HPA axis performance during the day may be associated with suboptimal hypothalmis pacing of adrenals. Adrenal support suggested.
Midnight value is elevated suggesting a lack of sensitivity to suppression at the pituitary-hypothalmic-axis. This condition is usually associated with a tendency to endogenous depression, and REM sleep disruptions (maybe why I'm ALWAYS SO TIRED?). Phosphorylated serine derivatives are reported to optimize HPA responsiveness.

Anabolic enhancement suggested: DHEA or Pregnenolone augmentation.
Anabolic suppoert suggested.

My thyroid levels were all smack dab in the middle of normal ranges, except Triiodo-thyronine, which was 0.28, normal is 0.28-1.1

I did the test on about day 22 of my cycle, so luteal phase.
My estradiol was 16, normal is 7-20
Progesterone was 503, normal is 65-500, so high. I've read high progesterone can cause depression. And no, I was not, am not pregnant, so that would not explain the high progesterone.
Free testosterone was 18, range is 8-20

I haven't found a doc yet. I decided that until I do, I'm just going to take the damn hormones. I'm taking 10mg each of DHEA and Pregnenolone. I started about 3 days ago. I also bought better multivitamins and have started taking valerian and a higher dose of melatonin before bed. Oh, and new melatonin is time release.

#116 ·
Wendy, Sounds to me like low thyroid (hypo). Which apparently your thyroid test can come back normal but adrenal fatigue almost always impairs thyroid function and when you get that under control the other should get better.

#117 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
Thanks Kim. You've been very helpful.

I ask because the canary club said that they did not do the Anti-TPO or TgAb for thyroid as you stated that I need.

Also, I didn't know if the Secretary IgA and AntiGliadin Antibodies were important in diagnosing adrenal fatigue. Because canary club does not offer those either. And direct labs offers all of these.
Kim, I did the ASI from DiagnosTechs & they ran those tests - the IgA & AntiGliadin Antibodies - it's more expensive when you order through the Canary Club - my doctor ordered mine but I believe you can just order the ASI directly from DiagnosTechs & just have your doctor sign it, it's only $99 for that. I can tell you everything that I had tested if you need to go that route & you're not sure that your doctor knows what to test for. Alternately, you could call DiagnosTechs, labs are usually very helpful when you're inquiring about which tests to order. The ASI has different tests within it that you can check or leave blank.

Kim (NocturnalDaze), I believe saliva testing to be much more accurate than blood for testing sex hormones. Just curious where you've read otherwise....

#118 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wendy1221 View Post
Oh, I have another question. I used to take temps to chart my fertility. I don't bother anymore, but my temp was always really really low. Like 96.4. I know it's not normal, but is it related to this at all, does anyone know?
My temps have *always* been low, my thyroid came back fine but like Kim said, adrenal fatigue affects thyroid function, even if it doesn't show up in test results.

#119 ·
Thanks Metasequoia- Sorry I haven't pm'd you back...it's been busy.

I actually don't have a dr and am doing this all on my own. So the direct labs and canary are the only ones that will let you do it without a dr signing off on it.

What I'm wondering is if the extra ones that are more expensive are really necessary in diagnosing AF?

Also, I am interested in the saliva/blood for hormones.

I need to make sure I do these tests right because I can't go back for anymore! My dh is having a cow about these as it is...he agrees with the doctors that it's "all in my head" or anxiety.
:

#120 ·
KimmiePie, go to the DiagnosTechs site, click on "Tests & Panels" in the colum on the left of your screen. In the first group of tests under "Adrenal Stress Index", click on "Overview for Doctors", it lists all of the tests run in the ASI & explains the purpose of each one. The 17-Hydroxyprogesterone is important, I can't remember exactly how my doctor explained it but it was important in making sure that my low cortisol wasn't caused by a defect in my hormonal cascade (I'm explaining it really poorly, but it's important to rule out.) Really, I'd give DiagnosTechs a call tomorrow.

The Canary Club includes the sex hormone testing too, doesn't it? My adrenal doctor didn't bother testing my sex hormones & he explained that he just assumed they were out of whack because my body was turning all hormones into cortisol. I already knew that my sex hormones were low after a blood test, but I also still haven't had my postpartum AF yet & Ds nurses like a champ 24/7. He said that my sex hormone levels wouldn't rise until we fixed the adrenal problem & stopped them from being diverted elsewhere.

HTH

#121 ·
I had my doctor's appointment today (what do you call an appt with a physician's assistant?). She ended up being a different one than the PA I saw last time and I liked her a lot better; younger and has cool tatoos
Stupid me, I didn't write down all my symptoms, just kept rambling them off intermitently as they popped into my head, "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm cold all the time in the winter and my temp was really low when I charted my cycles." "Oh, by the way, I have no sex drive."
I mentioned that I suspected adrenal fatigue and she said she wanted to do a bunch of blood tests to look for thyroid, anemia, vit. B deficiencies, gluten intolerance, etc, etc. and if that didn't come back with any definitive answers she'd have me come by to pick up the vials for the saliva test
I can't believe I'm excited about taking a test that might diagnose adrenal fatigue. I guess I just want to be back to normal, not that I really remember what that was like, but there was a time in my life when I had enough energy to run around after a soccer ball for 90min, stay up rediculously late with my boyfriend and still keep up with a full load of classes. Just the thought of that pace now makes me tired. And it's an hour past the official adrenal fatigue bed time so I better get to sleep

#125 ·
OK Ladies-

So, tell me what you know about miscarriage (specifically blighted ovum) and adrenal fatigue......or copper and adrenal fatigue??

From hair analysis testing 4 weeks after m/c, I have adrenal exhaustion, low progesterone, copper toxicity, estrogen dominance, all my ratios are WAY off (like the sodium/potassium) & my thyroid is not functioning well.

I had all of this done through my chiro and I'm now on a copper toxicity program full of B vitamins, organ meats, zinc and Moly-Cu. I'm also on a Mediterranean-type diet. Which means, lot of sea salt, no refined sugar or fruit, no caffeine, and always combining complex carbs with good protein. Oh, also very little dairy (except that I'm not really checking for caisen (sp?). Maybe a slice of cheese or dollop of sour cream per day.

Do you think wheat is a bad thing for me? I'm eating about 2-3 serving of sprouted bread or crackers along with my meals.

#126 ·
I think I've been suffering for about 4 years and have only recently heard of thyroid problems and adrenal fatigue.
I have six kids (15, 14, 9, 7, and twin 4yr olds). The last five years have been extremely stressful and hard for me. I've been pregnant or nursing (mostly two at a time) for 10 years now. I think I'm depleted in so many ways. And only in the last year and a half, I've really begun to look at what is so wrong with me. I kept telling myself that when the girls night weaned, I'd feel better. Then when they day weaned. Then when I was exercising regularly......... Well, for over a year I've been working out 3-4 times a week. I eat well, don't smoke or drink, sleep 7-9 hours a night. I've been vegan for about 14 years, was lacto-ovo for a few years prior to that.
I'm reading Eat to Live and am very interested in how it might help me to lose weight and feel better.
I had my thyroid checked a year and a half ago, but think it would be good to go have it done again and see if it's changed.
Glad to know I'm not alone in looking for answers.
peace, k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.