Mothering Forum banner

THE Adrenal Fatigue Thread

254K views 2K replies 211 participants last post by  royal 
#1 ·
I've posted in a few threads about my recent diagnosis of Adrenal Fatigue & have had a few requests to start a specific thread, so here it goes!
Anyone else who is on this journey to heal their adrenals, please join in the discussion! I plan on updating after every appointment.

I go to Clymer Healing Center in Quakertown, PA. Dr. Neville (95% of his patients are adrenal patients), has phone-appts from all over the world every day. Last time I was there, he had one from Poland & one from Turkey. Here's their other site, on CFIDS/Fibro (see below.)

I did an ASI saliva test (Adrenal Stress Index.) That should be the first step - my doctor ordered mine through DiagnosTechs lab. After that, he came up with a healing plan. Everyone is different & the saliva test is essential in finding out what phase of adrenal exhaustion you're in. It cost me $99.

Here are my saliva test results:

Adrenal Stress Index (ASI) 3/07:

Free cortisol rhythym****** Reference Range

7:00-8:00am - 10 Depressed 13-24 nM
11:00-noon - 3 Depressed 5-10 nM
4:00-5:00pm - 2 Depressed 3-8 nM
11:00-midnight - 2 Normal 1-4 nM

Cortisol burden - 17 23-42

DHEA - 2 - Depressed 3-10 ng/ml

According to the "Cortisol-DHEA Correlation Zone, I am in zone 7 (Adrenal Fatigue), the lowest possible zone - 1 is the highest & is called "Adapted to Stress."

I also have Hypoglycemia, which is the first symptom of adrenal fatigue - I've had it for as long as I can remember.

Total Salivary SIgA Reference Range

5 - Depressed Normal: 25-60 mg/dl Borderline: 20-25 mg/dl

Just for comparison's sake, here are my blood test results (from 2/07) - the saliva test is SO much more accurate!

My progesterone is non-existant, <.5, less than a post menopausal woman.

My estradiol (estrogen) is 22, which is in range. (Not very accurate.)

My testosterone is in range, but towards the lower end. (Total - 12, free - 1.2)

My DHEA is very low, 35, the reference range is 40-325.

My cortisol is 13.5, which is in range. (HA! This is why you need to do a saliva test throughout the day!)

Vitamin D was 37, in range (I've heard that 40 is ideal & you don't want to go over 50.)

Thyroid: (doctor said this was good.)
T-4, free - 1.1
TSH - 1.86
T-3, free - 296

There is a book called Chronic Fatigue Unmasked 2000 that was written by Dr. Gerald Poesnecker. Dr. Poesnecker worked at Clymer for 40+ years researching adrenal fatigue & treating patients. His theory is that Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia is a double sided coin, both caused by adrenal fatigue. My doctor, Dr. Neville, worked alongside Dr. Poesnecker & before Dr. Poesnecker passed away in 2004, he chose Dr. Neville to take over his work & patients. Oh, and a bonus, he's really into WAPF.

I don't have physical fatigue even though my test results would suggest so. I have the "dread horror anxiety" that is a symptom of adrenal fatigue. My body just doesn't have the cortisol to cope with any type of stress, physical or emotional. I need to try to cut back on nighttime nursing, that's the only issue that I can't control. I've had no caffeine for almost 4 months now, don't even crave it. I have had a few bites of chocolate (mostly on easter) but I've been really good about not having it.

My doctor asked if I was eating enough red meat, so I think that animal protein is very important when dealing with adrenal fatigue. I feel like I eat enough, I eat 2-3 eggs every morning for breakfast & some form of animal protein each night, beef, chicken or salmon usually.

The important supplements are a high quality B-complex, vitamin c (sodium ascorbate is good) & a magnesium supplement, also a good multi vitamin/mineral. The diet *must* be a whole foods diet, no crappy processed/packaged foods. Another big recommendation is salt & lots of it.

I salt everything heavily (sea salt.) My doctor wanted me to drink a glass of salt water first thing in the morning & I tried but I couldn't do it.
I limit potassium intake, no bananas, dates, figs, minimal fruit. Breakfast is VERY important, something with protein & lots of salt. No juices, minimal sweetener in teas - I use a dab of honey.

Dehydration is a biggie for AF patients. We have a problem with the sodium/potassium ratio (why we shouldn't eat potassium rich foods & need lots of salt.) I know when I first wake up in the morning, all I want to do is chug down 2 pints of water, but I have to wait until I get a good amount of salt in my system.
When I first wake in the morning, I cook eggs & salt them very heavily - after I eat them, then I can drink water, but plain water on an empty stomach is a no-no. We need *a lot* of salt. You'd be surprised how many people suffer unknowingly from some degree of adrenal fatigue - especially us sleep deprived mamas.
I'm also *almost* EBFing my 14 month old, my milk makes up about 95% of his diet, so that doesn't help with the dehydration issue.

Bottom line, our adrenals need salt, our bodies NEED salt!

Cutting out caffeine is MAJOR, as is eliminating stress, seriously eliminating it - whatever it is, negative people, high stress job, relationships, whatever, if you want to heal, you need to eliminate it. Rest is very important, we're supposed to be in bed by 10pm at the latest & sleep till 9am if possible (ha!) take any naps you can get. A sleeptime routine is also essential, going to bed & waking at the same exact times each night/morning. (I have yet to perfect this routine!)

My doctor says that the thyroid is always affected when one is suffering from adrenal fatigue - even if it doesn't show up in testing.

Low blood pressure is one of the symptoms of adrenal fatigue - it's even used as a diagnostic tool, I've always had low blood pressure, low body temp. too. I went for my appointment this week (5/07) & my blood pressure was 94/50 & that's a HUGE improvement! It actually rose 10 points after I stood up which is also HUGE since up until now, it hasn't budged when I rose from laying down to standing up - a classic sign of adrenal fatigue.

One of the diagnostic tools is to have the patient lay down, relax for 5 minutes, while laying down, take the patient's blood pressure. Then have the patient stand up & take the blood pressure reading again, if it fails to rise or drops upon standing, that's a sign that you're adrenals aren't working to their fullest capacity & it should be addressed.

A couple of fantastic books are Chronic Fatigue Unmasked 2000, by Dr. Poesnecker (the link is for the first edition, there's a newer one available now with the "2000" in the title) & Adrenal Fatigue, the 21st Century Stress Syndrome by J. Wilson. The first one, by Poesnecker, is much more in depth in terms of treatment & how the neuroendocrine system works, which explains *how* adrenal fatigue occurs. Here's Wilson's website.

Here is my treatment plan: ***before taking any supplements/medication to treat adrenal fatigue, an ASI saliva test is needed to determine the stage of adrenal dysfunction you are in, it's VERY important in deciding which supplements to use.***

I started out taking 1 tablet of Mil Adregen by '******' brand. It contains raw spleen concentrate, raw adrenal concentrate, raw thymus concentrate, citrus bioflavinoids, vitamin c, vitamin B6, vitamin B5 & zinc. I have slowly built up to 3 tablets a day, taken at meals.

I also started out taking 10mg of bioidentical pregnenolone by 'Pure' brand. I am currently taking 30 mg/day all in the morning. The necessary dose depends on how severe your adrenal fatigue. I'm still working up to a higher dose.
Pregnenolone is the first hormone that our bodies convert from cholesterol. It is at the top of the adrenal hormone cascade & is made into cortisol, DHEA & all of the sex hormones, estrogen, testosterone & progesterone. Pregnenolone usually has zero side effects where bioidentical DHEA supplementation can often have masculine side effects like rage & facial hair growth.

I take "Seriphos" by InterPlexus as needed, a proprietary blend 1000mg of phosphorylated, Serine/Ethanolamine which has a calming affect & helps take the edge off of the anciety.

Those are the supplements that my doctor gives me, aside from those listed above, I take these (with his approval.):

B-50 complex by Now brand
Magnesium citrate (powder) by Now brand
Selenium 200 mcg by Now brand
Zinc 50 mg by Solaray

HTH!

See less See more
#1,353 ·
I guess we're all back from the holidays, huh?

I wish I had answers - it feels like every time I turn around I have more questions! My "not ovulating" hormone checks came back, and the nurse-midwife said that they looked like PCOS, not licorice induced hyperprolactimia, like I'd thought. That threw me for a loop - I hadn't been expecting PCOS!

I'm thinking that there has to be a link -they're both very anterior pituitary linked. Yesterday evening, I found something called "late onset congenital adrenal hyperplasia" that looks likely, though a bit scary. I'll be making a bunch more appointments tomorrow...

I'm also not sure what to take anymore. I'd stopped the licorice, and I kind of feel that I was doing OK without it. I think I had withdrawal issues from the pregnenolone, but now I seem to be more or less OK. I'm still eating salt more or less to taste (which means more than 1/2 tsp (probably more than a full tsp) on my food a day), and I've forgotten my adrenal cortex the last few days, but I'm just nervy about the pills making things worse, now.

#1,354 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Oh, my gosh, this thread is so long and I don't know but at first glance of a couple pages it seems to be focused on adults.

I need to support my DS--adrenal issues. He is 7.

Anyone btdt?
Tracy,
I highly, highly suspect adrenal issues in all my boys, especially my older two. For now, we are all gluten free, beginning dairy free (food allergies can highly stress the body/adrenals), and the boys take a multi, vit. C, 1/2 of a dose of a chewable B-complex (I think it's a B-50, and they take one instead of 2; my youngest takes 1/2 of one), magnesium and cod liver oil. I'm also really one them to make sure they have protein at every meal/snack. We homeschool, and have also moved towards a more unschooling approach to reduce the stress on my oldest (he's not reading yet - I think he's a visual/spatial kiddo), and the math workbooks, phonics readers, etc. were stressing him unduly. And now that the holidays are just about over (at least in regards to family being over or us at family events), they are back to their bedtime of about 9pm. We have not done any testing on them, but based on dh and I, I have a good idea of how to work with them now from a nutritional point of view. I hope that helps.

#1,355 ·
thank you. we do clo and multi vitamin and c. I have not done a chewable b. I think I will fold that in and magnesium. My son does not have homework this year, teacher does not believe in it, which is great for him but I just think he is a nervous energy and it stresses his adrenals just 'being'. if that makes sense.

thank you for the info!

Tracy

#1,356 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
Another big recommendation is salt & lots of it.

I salt everything heavily (sea salt.) My doctor wanted me to drink a glass of salt water first thing in the morning & I tried but I couldn't do it.

Bottom line, our adrenals need salt, our bodies NEED salt!

!
Great post-- thanks! I'm pretty much on the same path/ wavelength and finding quite a bit of relief after a year or effort. It's cool to read other's experiences.
Re: salt--
You might try dissolving 1/4- 1/2t of sea salt in 1/8-1/4 c. of water. I find that ratio much more tolerable than highly dilute, which tended to make me nauseous. Toss it back like a shooter, and follow with lots of straight h2o.

oops! sorry! I didn't realize I was responding to such an old post! You've probably gotten this all figured out by now.

#1,357 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggi315 View Post

How many supplements is everyone taking? I feel like that's all i am doing, is taking supplements all day, and I take taking so many pills.
I haven't counted but it's a LOT-- I have the exact same feeling-- all I do all day is take pills. All the bottles make me feel a little weird to look at, but it is helping.

Maybe 30? 40?

#1,358 ·
Just out of curiosity, how long is your cycle?
I've always had long cycles, but we are TTC#2 right now, and last month I didn't O until day 36. Right now I'm on day 29 and still waiting. Obsurd! After I got my pp periods back the cycles were on the short (shorter than 28 days for a while). I went off of the adrenal and thyroid support herbs to ttc... I guess that threw everything for a loop. Frack.

BTW, I too had Candida with my adrenal fatigue. I stopped eating sugar, etc, which helped both significantly. I think for me, it was AF first, then the yeast. Good luck! Knowing and getting that validation is a BIG step in the right direction.

#1,359 ·
dharmmamomma - your count makes me feel like I have nothing to complain about! Actually, I'm really not taking many these days. Magnesium, D, multi, and the adrenal cortex (though I wasn't taking that b/c I packed it for Christmas + kept forgetting to put it back near the others!)

Today at work was HELL. I realized that the progesterone (which I finished a few days before the holiday) was probably "covering" for the lack of licorice. I'm hesitant to add anything back in because I'm hoping for more testing soon + I want it to be as free of hormone-changing supplements as possible, but I think I need the licorice!

Maybe it'll be better if I'm careful about getting enough sleep?

I tested positive for candida, and went through seven months of hell trying to kill it, all the while feeling like it was pointless because whatever let it get a foothold was still an issue. I think that the adrenal insufficiency was that thing....

#1,361 ·
Anyone using the formulas' by james wilson? what do you think about them? i want to get them, but they are a little pricey, not too bad considering the vast amount of crap i take now, lol!

I'm also thinking of starting back on a little bit of hydrocortisone, which i was taking for my pituitary tumor. But then my blood pressure went through the roof, now it's all over the place, so not sure about that.

i read about cyclical cushings, and i am starting to believe that my tumor may be causing some of that.

#1,362 ·
You know what I've noticed? This current cycle was *brutal* leading up to & during ovulation. I ached like crazy, lots of rectal pressure & my skin all over my torso "ached". I've never experienced the skin ache before, but as soon as I ovulated, it cleared up.

I remember how crapy I felt when all of this began, after Ds was born in the spring of '06. I kept thinking that once I got my cycles back, my hormones would come back up & I'd feel normal again. Hah. Ever since my cycles returned this past May, I've been feeling consistently worse each month.

My periods are fine, better in fact, than they've ever been. No PMS, no cramps, no heavy bleeding (I've never been a heavy bleeder), no breast tenderness, nada. But the pre-ovulation thing stinks. I'm also more regular than I've ever been - about a 32-33 day cycle.

What does this suggest?

#1,363 ·
Jumping us back on the first page. I think the holidays really, really wiped me out. Leading up to them, I was getting stressed (dh's job had him stressed and working late, which in turn got me stressed and tired). But, so much entertaining, being around people, having to always be "up", and not getting to bed early enough has just driven me down, I think. Now, we are all out of whack with our sleep (the boys are going to bed late; ds#3 is taking very late naps, going to be very late - 11pm, and he can't go to sleep without nursing - and then I'm up nursing him again at about 7:30), and I'm just done. I was just starting to feel good before the middle of December hit. And I get very frustrated with dh because he sleeps in while I'm constantly dealing with ds#3 (basically 24/7). So, starting today, it's back to 4-5 meals with protein (which is now getting challenging to get protein/healthy fats because we are now casein/dairy free on top of being gluten free), taking all my supplements at the right time of the day, and I swear, I'm going to bed by 10pm regardless of what anyone else is doing. The hard part is yet again, we are entertaining tonight. It's only my MIL and FIL; dh invited them over for dinner and family movie night, but again, I have to make sure the house is decent, prepare dinner for more than just us and basically be "up" and entertaining. Dh knows I don't want to, but at the same time I feel the need to honor his desire of having his parents over. Sorry for the mini-vent ... I'm tired of being tired and I was finally starting to not feel that way and am now frustrated that I'm feeling that way again.

#1,364 ·
Has anyone done this? I've done the flashlight in a dark room test and on top of that experience bouts of exhaustion since having my kids. Right now I'm breastfeeding my dd (4months) i've read its not safe to take right now, but I dont always believe what the skeptics say.

#1,365 ·
This thread really got buried!

Metasequoia--no idea on the discomfort around ovulation, but I'm experiencing the same thing, though it sounds like not quite as intensely. I feel like my adrenals are getting better, gradually, but the achiness/discomfort is increasing each month too. Not sure what is out of whack with that. I have noticed that my periods are seeming normal--instead of that start-stop-start pattern I had for a while, now they're just fairly normal.

So, if I have time and can find a few places to read, I was thinking of trying to put together a few things on how we can tell (besides actual testing) whether/how much we're getting better (I'll test eventually, but I want to wait til I'm closer to healthy--it's not going to change what I'm doing in the meantime). Because it occurred to me that I think I am, and I'm wondering if my salt cravings aren't as intense as they used to be--still more than most people, I think, but a bit less. Anyone have ideas already?

And on another note--today I finally saw how caffeine really does affect me. I've been on and off several times, without noticing anything really obvious (just slow trends) in how it makes me feel, but today I think the soda mid-day was the reason I had shakes in the late afternoon and I seriously needed food--I haven't felt like that in quite a while. I do better with immediate, obvious feedback.
:

#1,366 ·
Well, my first clue that my adrenals were healing was total loss of anxiety (from which I'd suffered since being a pre-teen.)

Caffeine is SUCH a problem. I was off it for almost a year & felt GREAT. I woke up fine, went right to cooking & just felt soooo much better. Then I started having green tea in the afternoon & I knew it was affecting me, yet I still continued to drink it because green tea is so beneficial. Then I started drinking coffee again in the mornings...and the tea in the afternoons...now I'm a wreck. I go to bed at night dreaming of my morning coffee. I had a brilliant idea the other day though & don't know why I haven't thought of it before. I'm going to get a single cup coffee maker & brew decaf. My Mom brews a full pot of regular each morning & I just can't resist it. If I didn't live with my folks, I'd have no problem, but when I come downstairs after nursing twice during the wee hours of the morning & there's a steaming pot of delicious coffee ready & waiting, it's too much to resist.
So, I'll wean down to decaf & then I'll quit - replacing it maybe with an herbal tea. I've heard nettles are really great for the adrenals...

In other news, I got my blood work results back! Did I tell you guys what I went through?? I had to do a fasting blood draw. So I ate dinner at 6pm, went to bed, went to have my blood drawn on an empty stomach & 1 full pint of blood later, I was laying on the table at the lab trying to stay conscious. I made it outside, after having to stop twice to sit down & try like hell to stay conscious. lost vision & hearing, tripped over the cement parking marker, into the side of my car. I somehow managed to climb inside & get to the food I had brought along & just started shoveling in hummus & those Mary's Gone Crackers. I can't *believe* they take a pint of blood from a fasting person & just send them on their way. I could have dien coing down the 2 flights of stairs or killed someone driving home afterwards. Thank goddess I had food in the car.

ANYWAY, my results are great, from what I can tell. My DHEA is low, of course & my D is bad, 36 - on a Quest test. I haven't been supping though, so I could get a pure result. Now I can start loading up on the D.

My fasting glucose & insulin are *perfect* which has been a major source of anxiety for me since my Dad's diabetes & resulting heart failure episode.

My first ever cholesterol panel was awesome! (at least, I think so.)
My total cholesterol is 163. HDL is 89, LDL is 66 & triglycerides are 39. I think I'd like my cholesterol a little higher, yes?

Aaaaand, my hormones all looked great. So PCOS/insulin resistance aren't looking like a likely dx, which is great news for my adrenals because it was a huge health anxiety....which is probably a result of the addition of caffeine...

**Licorice** my ND had me on it while bfing 10 onth old Ds, who was pretty much exclusively bfing.

#1,368 ·
That fasting blood draw sounds rough! The last time I had any blood drawn, I think it was Mar08, and I deliberately ate right before bed (but still long enough to meet their requirements) because I knew it would be hard the next morning. I didn't feel as bad as you, but I felt bad (and I brought food too). I really look forward to the day when I've got normal reserves and can do normal things like this. But I'd think they'd keep an eye on people--the blood bank people are really good about stuff like that.

And I saw your cholesterol (some other thread?), and I'm impressed. You said it's your first cholesterol panel, but I bet it's way up from your lowest, it sounds like you're doing good, especially given all the stress you've had lately!
And yes, I think you ultimately want it higher, I'm hoping, tentatively, for 200-220-ish, but I really don't know where it will plateau (and technically, if I really feel healed, I won't care too much, but I know it really should be higher than 138). And great news on all the other stuff being normal--it really sounds like you've avoided a lot of likely problems because you're taking such good care of yourself now.
:

Oh hey, and speaking of signs of healing, I don't know if anyone's seen this but me, but early on, I stumbled across the oddity that my body temperature would _drop_ after I got out of bed in the morning. It was very repeatable--say my BBT before getting out of bed would be 97.2 and then I'd get up, go to the bathroom, and come back and re-take it (I stumbled on this by accident, I just had time to kill one morning and wanted to see how fast my temp would go up, since not moving around before taking a BBT was stressed so much) and my temp would have dropped to, say 96.2 and occasionally into the high 95s (at its worst, it was a 1.0-1.5F drop). I think this is analogous to the blood pressure test (take it lying down, and then if it drops immediately after you stand up, bad news for your adrenals). But I have no idea if they change at the same time (or if the body temp thing is really just me).

But yay, my body temp now goes up like a normal person's. It was really cool to see this a couple weeks ago (and it's consistent, wasn't just one good day).

Re: D--is Quest the one with iffy results? Higher than they're supposed to be (for the most part--sounds like some were just bizarre-ly wrong from the news article I read). How long did you stop your D supp before testing? I am starting to supp A & D (and need a stand-alone D as well) but I want to do it for maybe 6 mos before testing, but I don't know when/if to stop beforehand. Thoughts?

#1,369 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
Re: D--is Quest the one with iffy results? Higher than they're supposed to be (for the most part--sounds like some were just bizarre-ly wrong from the news article I read). How long did you stop your D supp before testing? I am starting to supp A & D (and need a stand-alone D as well) but I want to do it for maybe 6 mos before testing, but I don't know when/if to stop beforehand. Thoughts?
Well, I wasn't really supping because I get sooooo much sun in the summer, pool almost daily, beach for 3 weeks in September/October - still have a tan. And I knew I would be testing in the near future. I guess I was taking CLO twice a week & Carlson's D capsules 2-3 times a week.

And yes, it's Quest's method that sucks. You need to adjust your results. According to Mercola, Quest's values are 25-40% higher than the DiaSorin assay, so I need to calibrate my results.

#1,370 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post

Oh hey, and speaking of signs of healing, I don't know if anyone's seen this but me, but early on, I stumbled across the oddity that my body temperature would _drop_ after I got out of bed in the morning. It was very repeatable--say my BBT before getting out of bed would be 97.2 and then I'd get up, go to the bathroom, and come back and re-take it (I stumbled on this by accident, I just had time to kill one morning and wanted to see how fast my temp would go up, since not moving around before taking a BBT was stressed so much) and my temp would have dropped to, say 96.2 and occasionally into the high 95s (at its worst, it was a 1.0-1.5F drop). I think this is analogous to the blood pressure test (take it lying down, and then if it drops immediately after you stand up, bad news for your adrenals). But I have no idea if they change at the same time (or if the body temp thing is really just me).

Hi I'm the same, my temps would always drop after getting out of bed. Now, some days it drops, other days it rises. I never know quite when to take my temp in the morning - I'm awake in the early dark hours (unable to get back to sleep), but don't usually drag myself out of bed until after 9am.

Jewel

#1,371 ·
Did the holiday season throw anyone besides me off their good habits?!??!
: I tried so hard not to let them affect me, but the intense energy is in the air I think.

ugh. I need to get back with my better self care, but it's hard not to feel too discouraged. One little step, one day at a time, right?

#1,373 ·
This is two years in a row that all the good routines fell apart with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. It's frustrating to have to do more than most people to feel, well, not even as good as them. For me, it took quite a while to realize that hey, I think I'm making progress. It's slow, the process downhill to get here was certainly slow and gradual (and insidious), but just slowly getting back to the things that will take care of yourself _will_ eventually pay off. My biggest goal (again) is to start getting to sleep earlier. That's the one that makes me happier within just a couple days, but it's also hard to maintain.

#1,374 ·
So, I think my cycles are becoming more irregular and it's starting to bug me. I have always had pretty regular, 28 day cycles. When my cycle returned this time (18 months ppd), it was a bit irregular, but began evening out. I think before I began supplementing in November, I would have some mid-cycle spotting or spotting after being with dh. Now it's getting more frequent and this month, seems to be extending after my period should be done.
: I'm supplementing DHEA - could this have any thing to do with it? Or, is it residual symptoms from a very stressful holiday season? Is it just something I'm going to have to deal with now until I'm closer to being all healed?

#1,375 ·
I'd say yes. DHEA is a precursor to estrogen, iirc. I can't take it because it gives me migraines. I had a doc mistakenly decide I was in early menopause and give me estrogen once and it gave me migraines as well.

So it would make sense to me that it affects your cycle.

http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalfatigue/dhea.aspx

I think this link might shed some light on it. I think I'm estrogen dominant, which is why progesterone helps my migraines by balancing me out.

#1,376 ·
That was a good article - from the sounds of it, maybe my body is converting the DHEA in a way different than how my ND intended it to be. Hmm ... I'm going to call her today and see if maybe I should trial run a time period without it. I've been on it for almost 2 months and have not noticed any difference, in a positive way, and only have noticed more spotting before and after my period, which is definitely not a positive difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.