THE Adrenal Fatigue Thread - Page 67 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1981 of 2286 Old 05-22-2009, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just diagnosed this week with really low cortisol levels.

After reading a couple of books on AF, I decided to boost my carb consumption with grains (previously off them for long time because of blood sugar issues) and lots more veggies. I've cut out most fruit, except for low glycemic fruits like berries. I had been on a high protein, high fat, low carb diet for years due to formerly being severely insulin resistant related to PCOS. I'm trying for no more than 25 grams per meal, which is huge for me.

It feels so wrong to eat this way. I've eliminated the foods for which I tested sensitive. But I feel sluggish, feel hypoglycemic and famished, and have such cloudy thinking since upping my carbs. I'm waiting for my adrenal supplements to arrive, but have started taking vitamin C and magnesium in addition to my regular vitamin. I've been salting everything, including my water. I've also really tried to sleep and rest this week, disregarding necessary work. I know I absolutely need the rest more than anything.

After being insulin resistant for years and having gone through regular MD treatment complete with prescription medications, I successfully eliminated my reactive hypoglycemia within two weeks of going low-carb. I probably should have started a more gradual upping of carbs in trying to repair my adrenal function, and will taper back.

Can anyone relate to this struggle? I'm desperate to know how to eat. I thought I found the solution with a high protein and high fat diet, but apparently not if I have such severely burned out adrenals.

S & J . DD 2/8/7. DS 4/25/10. Natural foods eating, sleep deprived, gardening WAH mama.
#1982 of 2286 Old 06-02-2009, 03:07 PM

For those of us for whom adrenal resistance has been a lifelong thing...

ACTH is the hormone that stimulates cortisol production/release.
Dopamine inhibits ACTH.

I thought that was neat, considering my MTHFR gene that seems to predispose me to low dopamine...

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#1983 of 2286 Old 06-03-2009, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
joining the club...

i did a saliva test a few months ago, originally looking for the cause of super duper short cycles (14 days!), and learned that i am in mid stage adrenal fatigue. cortisol is low, DHEA is high. of course, progesterone is low (because it is being converted to cortisol). i also suspect low thyroid (annoying buzzing in my head; messed up calcium levels) but that is likely induced by the low adrenals. i had already been taking food-based vitamin C (amla or acerola), CLO, magnesium.

i started on Femarone-17 and that immediately helped my cycle length even within the cycle when i started applying the cream. my HCP now recommends 1-2 more cycles at current dose, then gradually decrease over the next 6-9 months (but she doesn't need to see me anymore).

i also started on NeuroScience AdreCort. VILE stuff. my husband uses a product called Adrenergize and i think i'll be switching. i also take pregnenolone, a precursor to both progesterone and cortisol.

a consequence of adrenal fatigue is poor connective tissue so we're just loving our broth here. trying to remember to sprinkle gelatin in stuff but it isn't quite a habit yet.

d-calcium glucarate is supposed to help reduce excess estrogen levels, thereby reducing symptoms of estrogen dominance. cordyceps is supposed to help nourish adrenals. i tried both of these but wasn't habitually taking them through the day so i don't know if they were doing anything.

if anything has helped, it was kicking the coffee habit and replacing with my herbal latte: licorice root, sassafras root, sarsaparilla root, cinnamon, chaste berries, ginger root, and coconut milk. yum.

i agree that sleep is probably the biggest and the hardest. i don't have a problem falling asleep. i have the problem that i need 1-2 hours post-ds bedtime for me.

dh has noticed that 5-htp works wonders for his light sleeping patterns.

here's my reference sheet, in case it hasn't been mentioned in this tome of a thread:
http://www.drrind.com/therapies/adre...endation-sheet

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#1984 of 2286 Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 AM

Jennifer,
That's a lot of information I've not heard before.

Who are you seeing? (I'm about an hour from Bloomington).

I wondered what is going on with your calcium too?

WhoMe,
What are you doing to address that issue/is there a way to address low dopamine?

Shazer
I don't know what to suggest. My son had to convert from high fat to high carb quickly when we found he had a metabolic condition inhibiting fat metabolism. He's too young to accurately tell me but he seemed so much better almost immediately. So to me it's telling that your body is reacting this way and responded well to the high fat/protein. I'm sorry the adrenal stuff is throwing that off. Going slow seems better. You might also try some carb digesting enzymes (zymeprime is good) and maybe that would help. I'd also do probiotics because carbs feed "bad guys" and that could be making you feel sluggish.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#1985 of 2286 Old 06-03-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgrace View Post
Jennifer,
That's a lot of information I've not heard before.
here's a good synopsis: http://www.drrind.com/forms/wp_metabolic_seminar.pdf

Quote:
Who are you seeing? (I'm about an hour from Bloomington).
Susan Clearwater. she relies heavily on the folks at NeuroScience for test interpretation, along with their products. though Neuroscience does accept insurance...

Quote:
I wondered what is going on with your calcium too?
thyroid contributes to calcium regulation, no? i suspect that the adrenal fatigue has reached my limit and is inducing low thyroid function, disrupting calcium regulation. a little extra folate in mid-day helps with congestion (a sign of high serum calcium) but doesn't get rid of the buzzing. however, emma has done some reading, from which i infer that the buzzing is likely related to thyroid/calcium: http://blog.plantpoisonsandrottenstu...ypothyroidism/

#1986 of 2286 Old 06-03-2009, 11:58 AM

Jennifer,
Have you had a high calcium serum finding in a lab?

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#1987 of 2286 Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 PM

Jennifer! I was just thinking about you a couple of weeks ago and could not remember your username!
#1988 of 2286 Old 06-03-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Jennifer,
Have you had a high calcium serum finding in a lab?
no - haven't tested. it's a PITA to get in to the regular doc - like a 3-4 MONTH wait even for annual exams.

#1989 of 2286 Old 06-03-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Jennifer! I was just thinking about you a couple of weeks ago and could not remember your username!
my ears were burning

#1990 of 2286 Old 06-03-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
WhoMe,
What are you doing to address that issue/is there a way to address low dopamine?
I'm looking at the biosynthesis of dopamine and focusing on the necessary nutrients. I still need to sit down and really write it all out, but so far I have that folate and B12 are really important, both for making BH4 (synthesis), and for making methyl groups (synthesis and inactivation). Tyrosine/phenylalanine are also important, as is vitamin D. Still chasing down the rest...

Mental note - get outside, it's summer!

#1991 of 2286 Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
if anything has helped, it was kicking the coffee habit and replacing with my herbal latte: licorice root, sassafras root, sarsaparilla root, cinnamon, chaste berries, ginger root, and coconut milk. yum.
Yum. How do you make the latte?

I'm still messed up from staying up for 22 hours or something during my sister's labor/birth. It's *amazing* how even a small lack of sleep messes me up hardcore, for days, weeks even!

I'm also having a hard time again with anything mildly carby or sugary. I have noticed a pattern when I feel really worn down & burned out that I have trouble with certain foods. During these times of feeling burned out, I really can only eat meat & veggies with butter & coconut oil. Otherwise I feel super dizzy & get heart palps.

I've been trying for 3 WEEKS now to order Thorne's #5 B complex & they've out of stock *forever.* I really feel like this will help me since I do so well with raw liver. I need to start taking regular doses of vitamin c though, I don't think I get enough via diet.

Has everyone checked out THE Iodine Thread? Interesting stuff!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#1992 of 2286 Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
I've been trying for 3 WEEKS now to order Thorne's #5 B complex & they've out of stock *forever.* I really feel like this will help me since I do so well with raw liver. I need to start taking regular doses of vitamin c though, I don't think I get enough via diet.
I'd be careful with that one since B5 can interfere with riboflavin and biotin absorption. I had to separate my b complex from my extra b5, or else I got riboflavin deficiency symptoms from eating liver. Vit A and riboflavin work together for skin stuff.

#1993 of 2286 Old 06-05-2009, 11:28 AM

Hello all...I stumbled across the thread today as I was looking to see what supplements were safe to take while nursing. Wow...I don't feel so alone or crazy anymore!

I was diagnosed with AF and estrogen dominance a little over a year ago. I got pregnant after getting treatment and just had my baby about 4 weeks ago. I went off of the adrenal supplements that I was on once I got pregnant and was fine the entire time...I feel best when pregnant. Now I notice that I still need them and am hoping to redo my saliva test and get back on the supplements.

I don't have any compounding thyroid issues, thank goodness or any issue with gluten or arthritis. However, my saliva tests were startling. My highest level was first thing in the morning (common I know) at 3 and then 0 for the rest of the day. I'm not quite sure how I'm functioning. I was at the end of my rope after being diagnosed with everything from galbladder disease (though all tests were normal) to bipolar disorder to explain the extreme irritability I had.

I'm a mom to 4 now and they are all very young. I find myself with very little patience, very little energy, and even less tolerance when my husband looks at me like he feels sorry for me and wishes there were something he could do. Isn't that crazy? I have no sex drive though I think about it and wish I still did. I know this kicked into really high gear about 3 years ago after I had my ds but suspect that with anxiety issues almost 12 years ago that it may have started long ago.

My first desire in the morning is for a danish and coffee...anything fat and sweet. I do know that when I cut out sugar I feel a whole lot better but at this point, it seems too hard to even consider.

Aren't I crazy for not feeling the willpower to do what I know will make me feel better? In the meantime, my biggest complaints are irritability, lack of energy, irritability , difficulty staying asleep and a splitting headache with even one glass of wine or a beer (which is completely new). So far, I'm only on a B complex vitamin, fish oil, vitamin d, and a probiotic. I was on progesterone for several months when I got pregnant.

Just wanted to throw this out to the ether and thank you guys for sharing your info. It's nice to not feel so alone.
#1994 of 2286 Old 06-12-2009, 07:11 PM

I'm cross-posting here and on the allergy chat thread. Did I tank my adrenals by trying to address hypothyoid issues with iodine?

~~

I'm really wondering what is going on with my body. I feel like I have tanked my adrenals somehow and now I'm all out of whack. I'm so very tired, am not sleeping well, my anxiety levels is elevated, I'm not feeling the greatest. I'm wondering if I've screwed something up by taking iodine. I'm trying to think of what I've been doing differently. My digestive track isn't all that thrilled with me either. Muscularly I am achy, more than usual. I'm just done being sick and tired.

I also have this boil on my back that I think I need to have removed. It was a cystic pimple years ago (about 5) that never formed a head, then it got infected and became huge. I was able to drain it (finally though the head) using goldenseal root powder as a paste and deep massage in the shower. (It was disgusting.) It was gone for quite a while, but now is back (though not nearly as big as it was - more like the size of a marble). But, I think there's scar tissue now because there is no way to drain it again with goldenseal root. I wonder if that is just way too taxing on my adrenal system if it's infected again.

Like I said above, I think I need to eliminate more food, at least for me. Maybe I can use this summer to focus on only fresh veggies, fruits, with limited nuts, grains, and meats. I just don't know what to do and there does not seem to be any easy answers.

I actually had to turn the TV on for the first time in a week for the boys today so I could just lay down on the couch and rest. We are going to a baseball game tonight and I just don't know how I'm going to make it. I am supposed to go grocery shopping now for safe snacks to take and I can't even imagine packing up three kids to go shopping. I need to be thankful that dh only has 3 days left of work before summer break. That is one silver lining. But man, I feel ran over. I don't feel sick, per se, but just wiped out. Sorry for the vent.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#1995 of 2286 Old 06-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Just dont' overdo anything and follow your body's signals. I hope you feel better soon.
#1996 of 2286 Old 06-12-2009, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

3 kids are REALLY exhausting!! Have you ever tried liver? I'm telling you - raw liver from grass-fed cows is a *life saver* for me! I don't particularly enjoy the taste of liver (like in pate), so I slice of a chunk of frozen liver, chop it into pill sized pieces & sprinkle some Celtic salt & kelp over them. Then I drop about 4 pieces way back on my tongue & swallow with water. I really, really don't taste the liver.
The boost (both mental & physical) is immediate & it lasts a really long time. I have never noticed a drop off like with caffeine or sugar either.

I don't really know about the iodine. Did you do a loading test first to see where you stood?

The things that have helped me the most have been:

Absolutely NO caffeine.

Get rid of sugar.

Lots of animal protein (organic, grass-fed.)

Restrict carbs (I've found that I feel really bad when I eat carbs.)

Multi-mineral has been really calming, yet energizing for me (copper-free & iron-free.)

Going to bed EARLY (which Im not always good at, but 9pm is ideal.)

Removal of stress (this is really hard, but I've really, REALLY tried hard to remove stress from my life. Unfortunately, I can't remove my ex...)

B vitamins (liver is better, IMO)

Vitamin C (lots.)

I took pregnenolone & glandulars for a looong time & my anxiety disappeared. I ran out about a month ago & haven't refilled yet...no anxiety yet...

Other supps I take: CLO (Blue Ice {fermented}), vitamin D3, K2.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#1997 of 2286 Old 06-22-2009, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Has anyone started exercising? I recently joined the Y & signed up for a bunch of classes. So far, I've taken 3 classes & I feed REALLY good afterwards!!

I originally signed up for 3/week but added a few more. The Body Tone class is an hour long & we really focus on every muscle. We use free weights, weight-bars, balls & steps. My muscles are a bit sore but they feel GOOD!

I leave the gym feeling energized, loose, clear-headed & relaxed. My only concern is that I'm pumping out adrenaline. I don't feel the adrenaline rush but does that mean it's not there?

I have sooooo much energy for the rest of the day if I work out in the morning. I have this pattern down that I feel could save my life - I work out in the morning, come home & eat raw liver - then I feel like a million bucks for the rest of the day. I sleep like a rock & wake up ready to work out again.

I haven't told my ND yet because I know he's going to say it's too much - but how can it be bad when I feel so physically & mentally GOOD? All this time, I feel like my muscles have become atrophied - they've been so achy & sore & exercise makes them feel good.

I also gave up my supplements. I remember a conversation we had here about glandulars possibly adding belly weight & I'm so sick of my growing belly that I just gave them up. I also stopped drinking straight milk to see if it was a bloating issue. I wake up with a super flat tummy & by afternoon, I could pass for 4-5 months pregnant. I feel like it *must* be bloating.
I might add the ACE drops back in to support my adrenals since working out IS stress on the body.

Any thoughts on healing muscles? I know I need days off for my muscles to recover & good sleep. The only thing I take now is a multi-mineral (minus copper & iron.) I should take more magnesium. I was going to get Thorne's B vits but I'm wondering if the liver has enough that I don't need to supp.?

Thoughts on any of this?

#1998 of 2286 Old 06-22-2009, 12:57 PM

(grass-fed) Liver is magic food! :::

Nutritional Profile
Calf's liver is an excellent source of the minerals copper and selenium as well as an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B12 and folate. In addition, it is also a very good source of protein, vitamin C, zinc, niacin and phosphorus and a good source of vitamin B5, vitamin B6, and iron.

http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=129

Pat

I have a blog.
#1999 of 2286 Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 PM

I am a bit overwhelmed by the hugeness of this thread but I'm going to jump in here anyway...I have not been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue (as there is no way I could afford to see a naturopath) but I know that this is the cause of my health problems over the past five years or so. I learned about adrenal fatigue after doing online research, trying to find a possible cause for my hypoglycemia that just appeared suddenly--during a period of my life where I was in an intensely stressful living situation. I fit all the classic symptoms now, and I feel like I'm just a shadow of the healthy, fun, energetic woman I used to be years ago.

Anyway...so I have been doing online research on AF, and I found this page
http://www.naturalnews.com/019339.html
which suggests taking licorice root--could somebody please tell me if this is a good idea, and why? The page doesn't elaborate.

Also, this page states 2000 to 5000 mg of vitamin C per day...wow, this is a lot, and would get expensive fast! Is this much really needed, and if so, what kind is the best to take? There's a bewildering array of vitamin C products out there.

Thank you!

Bookworm mom to three wonderful children. homeschool.gif
#2000 of 2286 Old 06-22-2009, 11:56 PM

Dillpicklechip--I take a lot more vitC than that (my bowel tolerance amount tends to be fairly high, higher than most folks here), I use Now brand sodium ascorbate, in the 3-pound containers, it's fairly economical.

Meta--you seem pretty in tune with how your body's doing, so if you keep paying attention, and you keep feeling good, then yay, go for it! It's not like drinking coffee and having lots of energy, which is bad, it's doing something that's supposed to be good for you and it's making you feel good. One thing to consider, I've seen reasonable arguments that we really only need to focus on weights a few times a week, it doesn't have to be every day.

You know I'm a supplement kind of person (the anti-Pat! ya Pat) so this is predictable, but I'd say a B supp heavy on the B5 is appropriate, you've got a lot of work, and still continuing stress, to really heal your adrenals. It sounds like you've made serious progress to get to this point, so that you can start being fairly active and feel good, but at least for me, I've seen it a couple times where I start feeling good, and so I'm not so good at babying myself, and remembering that wearing myself down was a long, slow process, and I need to accept that building myself back up will also be a slow process. I've had a couple setbacks because of that.
#2001 of 2286 Old 06-23-2009, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Tanya!! I just got a 20% off coupon from naturamart this morning too. I'm only using weights a few times a week. I feel like I fell into the perfect routine for me right off the bat. I'm so thrilled with working out! I'll keep up with the liver & add the Thorne B with extra 5. I REALLY should get a big ole container of C....and Mag since the kids finished off the Mag a week or so ago. They love it - say it helps them sleep really well - go figure.

Dillpicklechip - somewhere in the first few pages is an explanation of how licorice helps us. It has to do with our imbalance of sodium & potassium. Most of us adrenal peeps have a hard time with enough sodium (this also causes hypoglycemia) so licorice will help turn that around. I was doing really well with my daily licorice, but fell off the wagon recently.

You have to get the non-whatever the word is. Dr. Baschetti's is really good. It's a powder that you just mix.

#2002 of 2286 Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks Tanya!! I just got a 20% off coupon from naturamart this morning too. I'm only using weights a few times a week. I feel like I fell into the perfect routine for me right off the bat. I'm so thrilled with working out! I'll keep up with the liver & add the Thorne B with extra 5. I REALLY should get a big ole container of C....and Mag since the kids finished off the Mag a week or so ago. They love it - say it helps them sleep really well - go figure.

Dillpicklechip - somewhere in the first few pages is an explanation of how licorice helps us. It has to do with our imbalance of sodium & potassium. Most of us adrenal peeps have a hard time with enough sodium (this also causes hypoglycemia) so licorice will help turn that around. I was doing really well with my daily licorice, but fell off the wagon recently.

You have to get the non-whatever the word is. Dr. Baschetti's is really good. It's a powder that you just mix.
Congrats on the exercise. I still don't tolerate it well. But I need to start doing something with weights or I'll atrophy into nothing.
What are you doing for liver support?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#2003 of 2286 Old 06-23-2009, 02:12 PM

i'm trying to read through this whole thread, wow 100+ pages. in the mean time, i'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and order a saliva test. or if what i'm already doing is enough. i have been fatigued, foggy headed, and lacking in sex drive for 2-3 years (since pregnancy #2). last september i began seeing a nutri-spec practitioner and as i now go back and search for adrenals in his info, i find he's had me on stuff that is similar to what you ladies are taking. salt water first thing in the morning for one. at my last testing, my salts and other things were reduced. and my symptoms are better, but not gone. so, i'm trying to decide 1) if what i'm doing is working good enough and it just needs a bit more time or 2) if i should order a saliva test and then supplement depending on the results or 3) if i should eat adrenal glands because they are good for me and won't hurt? in the past eating/taking liver has really helped my energy level, though i ran out and haven't taken any in quite a while.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
#2004 of 2286 Old 06-23-2009, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
Congrats on the exercise. I still don't tolerate it well. But I need to start doing something with weights or I'll atrophy into nothing.
Does muscle atrophy hurt? I seriously wonder if that is what my muscle pain is from.

Quote:
What are you doing for liver support?
Nothing. What should I be doing?

#2005 of 2286 Old 06-23-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Does muscle atrophy hurt? I seriously wonder if that is what my muscle pain is from.

Nothing. What should I be doing?
I always thought the muscle pain was from working out? No? My muscles do hurt though.

I thought you referenced liver support above but perhaps you were talking about eating liver. Yes, the raw liver. that must have been it.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#2006 of 2286 Old 06-24-2009, 12:10 AM

Huh? I thought people with impaired adrenals are supposed to consume extra salt, but this page that I just read:
http://www.naturalways.com/adrenal.htm
says that we should limit sodium and increase potassium intake. Isn't that the opposite of what everyone else is saying? I'm trying to research this and feeling pretty confused!

Also, how does licorice root help?

Thank you!

Bookworm mom to three wonderful children. homeschool.gif
#2007 of 2286 Old 06-24-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillpicklechip View Post
Huh? I thought people with impaired adrenals are supposed to consume extra salt, but this page that I just read:
http://www.naturalways.com/adrenal.htm
says that we should limit sodium and increase potassium intake. Isn't that the opposite of what everyone else is saying? I'm trying to research this and feeling pretty confused!

Also, how does licorice root help?

Thank you!
I haven't read the page, but if you're in the resistance phase of adrenal fatigue where you're overproducing all the adrenal hormones, then you'd have high aldosterone and so you'd hold on to salt and dump potassium. Once the adrenals crash, the aldosterone goes along with them and so you dump salt and hold on to potassium.

Among other things already mentioned, licorice increases your cortisol levels by slowing the breakdown.

#2008 of 2286 Old 06-24-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Yum. How do you make the latte?
1/2 c. licorice root
1/4 c. dried ginger root
1/4 c. sassafras root
1/4 c. wild yam root
1/4 c. dandelion root

dump into a pan and dry toast/roast. then dump into a large ceramic/glass bowl.

add:
1/4 c. cinnamon chips
1/4 c. rooibos tea
1/4 c. sarsaparilla root
1/4 c. chasteberries (these boost pituitary function but if your adrenals are kaput, they wont' have much of an effect)

mix. store in a jar. to use, dump 1-2 Tbsp per 8oz water into a nonreactive pot. add your water. decoct (i.e., simmer, DO NOT BOIL). (a good way of decocting is to use a drip coffeemaker - put the herbs in the carafe, let the water flow through and leave the element on. of course, most modern coffeemakers have that stupid auto-shutoff.

#2009 of 2286 Old 06-24-2009, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I always thought the muscle pain was from working out? No? My muscles do hurt though.

I thought you referenced liver support above but perhaps you were talking about eating liver. Yes, the raw liver. that must have been it.
I've had chronic muscle pain for 3 years now - not related to exercise. It's different than sore muscles after exercising - those ache, but in a good way.

And yes, I mean eating raw liver.

#2010 of 2286 Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 PM

Meta, you've had your vitamin D checked and you're at a good level now, am I remembering correctly?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page