THE Adrenal Fatigue Thread - Page 77 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#2281 of 2286 Old 10-23-2009, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone tell me if perifiral neropathy is part of this? I have just been diagnosed with this and I have numbness in my face, neck and upper back and toung that has been undiagnosed as of yet..
#2282 of 2286 Old 10-23-2009, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
How would one fix this dysfuntion?

Thank you SO much for explaining this to me.
i think you might need to do some more pinpointing to figure out the exact problem. if your CYP pathway is dysfunctional, you'll have additional problems: http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/....120501.150216

so... i'd start digging to see if there are tests to determine genetic mutations in the steroid hormone pathway that you can take to find out exactly which one (if any) you have. or see if there are tests for other metabolites downstream from androstenedione to see if there are other pathways... i'm not sure if these hydroxylases are enzymes that one can take orally.

what i did learn in this digging is that some of the chemo drugs for breast cancer therapy try to suppress the conversion of androstenedione to estrone.

should we spin off your steroid hormone pathway discussion into its own thread? or do you think this still belongs in this gigantic thread?

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#2283 of 2286 Old 10-23-2009, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
i think you might need to do some more pinpointing to figure out the exact problem. if your CYP pathway is dysfunctional, you'll have additional problems: http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/....120501.150216

so... i'd start digging to see if there are tests to determine genetic mutations in the steroid hormone pathway that you can take to find out exactly which one (if any) you have. or see if there are tests for other metabolites downstream from androstenedione to see if there are other pathways... i'm not sure if these hydroxylases are enzymes that one can take orally.

what i did learn in this digging is that some of the chemo drugs for breast cancer therapy try to suppress the conversion of androstenedione to estrone.

should we spin off your steroid hormone pathway discussion into its own thread? or do you think this still belongs in this gigantic thread?
I think I need to be a member of something to read that page you linked to.

I think I'm getting lost - my head is spinning.

What does that imply about the chemo drugs? That I could have somehow been exposed to this & therefore my build up of androstenedione could be because it's not converting to estrone? My mother never took chemo drugs, nor have I.

We can definitely make a spin-off thread, but I have no idea what to title it...all of this pathway talk if Greek to me.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#2284 of 2286 Old 10-23-2009, 02:42 PM

Hi! I just noticed this thread has surpassed 2,000 posts, and typically, we need threads to stay under 2K posts or server can get cranky. Please feel free to start a new thread and link back to this one in the OP. Thanks so much, and sorry for the inconvenience!

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#2285 of 2286 Old 09-11-2013, 01:26 PM

In response to "The Adrenal Fatigue Thread"

I was amazed after i read your post.  I too have Adrenal Fatigue, and just finished my first appt (after my saliza test results) with Dr. Neville.  It seems you and I are reading from the same book. All of your test results and medications he recommended are very much the same as mine.

I've been on a journey now for almost 20 years trying to figure out some of my issues, the biggest one being weight gain or inability to loose weight.  No matter what do, extreme exercise, low calories, etc. nothing seem to work.  Although, while doing this type of extreme physical activity 6 days a week for the past 15 years, I've damaged my adrenal glands even  more.  I'm excited to know, there is hope to feeling better. Some of my symptoms are; anxiety, depression, hair falling out, foggy thinking, light headedness, dehydration, heart palpitations, weight issues, etc.

For the past 10 years, I've only ate a whole food diet, so that won't have to change much.  Dr. Neville and I discussed my exercise program.  I didn't think I could go without any exercise at all, so we compromised.  I'll be shortening duration of training and replacing my strenuous routine with a more relaxing walk or stationary bike type of exercise. No more spinning classes, circuit and interval training, or running for me.  I'll still maintain my weight training regime, but perhaps not so heavy or frequently.

No way to eliminate my stressful job at the moment, so that I'll just to deal with.  I'll need to work on not letting things stress me out too much and learn to roll with the punches. Just do your best and let the cards fall where they will. Being that I'm in sales, that's easier said than done.  Something to work towards...breath...relax.

All the medicaitons you listed are the same ones he put me on too.  So, i'm taking all those plus my regular mult vitamin, vitamin c,  b complex, selenium, thyroid complex, vitamin e and kelp.  I noticed a big difference when I started taking kelp.  You're right we need lots of salt and kelp has really help replace alot of the iodine my body was lacking. So, in actually it's not the salt that you need, it's the iodine it possess. The best form of iodine can be found in a unrefined salt product. Much like the one you mentioned.  I had a iodine test taken and I was only 50% to capacity.  Normal levels should be around 90%.

In addition to seeing Dr. Neville, I also see Arlene Curley from the Greenshire Art Consortium. She is a Reiki Master and works on adrenal glands too.  She's wonderful and I would highly recommend seeing her as another part of your adrenal routine. She is affiliated with the Clymer Center and had originally recommeded I see Dr. Neville.

I'm interested in seeing more posts from you and read about your progress, and I'll do the same.

#2286 of 2286 Old 01-27-2014, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm amazed how long this original thread is.

I just reread my last post on this thread (we have a new adrenal fatigue thread because this one got too long for the server) and we were talking about chemo drugs. I've since found out that a chemo drug is used to end pregnancies that aren't where they should be (ectopic) and it got me wondering where else chemo drugs are used besides cancer treatment... Interesting.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page