Red bumps all over my 1 year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-26-2003, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My one year old broke out in small red bumps all over his body--even his ears. We were out very briefly in the HOT sun the other day, so I thought maybe heat rash, but is is still sticking around.

I thought coxsackie/hand-foot-mouth, but I haven't noticed anything on hands/feet/or mouth. Lots on his legs, arms, tummy, bum. SLight runny nose & no fever. Seems a little cranky & wanting to nurse/cuddle more.

Called my doctor twice & they said if it isn't itchy or bothering him or if he has no fever, don't worry.

Should I worry?

My pregnant sister was here, as was another sister with her 3 small kids. Am planning to have a birthday party for my other son on Saturday. Just want to put my mind at ease.
#2 of 5 Old 06-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Banned

Have the bumps retained their original appearance? Are any pus-filled?
#3 of 5 Old 06-27-2003, 07:34 PM

It sounds just like roseola, my daughter, my nephew and some other children I know have had this recently. Pretty common and easy if it is...comparatively, of course!
#4 of 5 Old 06-27-2003, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

The bumps seem to fade and then magically reappear. Weirdest thing!! No pus filled--just plain old raised red bumps.

My other son and I both have fevers, mild sore throats and headaches. The baby seems ok, except for those weird bumps.

Thanks!
#5 of 5 Old 06-27-2003, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
my ds2 had a mild rash almost invisible to others but he had been able to tell us he had a throat (sore throat) and had a super mild, lik 100 degree fever for a few hours the day before. it turned out he had scarlet fever (strep throat with a rash). just to let you know. doc told me that antibiotics help strep from recurring as a severe heart condition (a common side effect apparently of waiting out the strep symptoms with no treatment). ds2's skin is still a little bumpy two months later, but if YOU think your dc is sick io would seek medical attention. that being said, sometimes a rash is just a rash....good luck

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page