Horrible Doctor, Request for help with complaint letter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2007, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted a while back about my husband getting mysterious fevers. He developed some more serious problems. It got to the point he ended up in the ER. The doctor there was awful, I feel that he broke his oath as a doctor (to do no harm).
I think my husband may be traumatized for life from this experience and he took a bad problem and made it so much worse. I don't want to say too much more on a public board out of respect for my husbands privacy (he already feels humilated and violated). I am willing to share details in private messages with someone who can help me write a very articulate letter of complaint.
He went to see his primary care physician today and she was angry at the way he was treated and requested that I do this. She said they have had no end of problems with this doctor and that a letter of complaint would go a long way to being able to do something about it. She gave me the name of his supervisor and asked me to write directly to the supervisor but I was also considering filing an official complaint against him even beyond his job (is there a way to do this?).
I don't want anyone to ever have to experience this kind of trauma at the hands of this doctor.
I wasn't sure where to put this, feel free to move it if this is not the appropriate forum but I couldn't figure out where it would fit better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2007, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do a google search for your state medical board. They most likely have instructions on the website for how to file an official complaint.

Good luck!

User Tag List