Cracked heals...athlete's foot? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-26-2007, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have never had very soft feet, but lately my heals are looking really dry and cracked. Probably has something to do with the fact that I have a 1 yo to look after, so I don't spend as much time on home pedicures as I used to. I do always make sure to use soap on my feet in the shower, but the cracks actually look like they have dirt in them! Gross!

My DH has always thought I had persistent athlete's foot that I am just not aware of and blames me whenever his feet itch. He treats for athlete's foot, I don't. Of course we use the same shower. My dad has horrible feet. They are dry, cracking, itchy, and smelly. Help! I don't want that (DH says I already do, just not to the same degree)!

Is that what I have, or is it something else? How do you treat for it and get it out of the shower at the same time so it doesn't keep going around?

One of my problems with treating for it is that I ALWAYS wear open-toed shoes. DH can put powder in his shoes, but I just can't do that. I wear dressy sandals to work, and the rest of the time I'm in flip-flops. (I'm in FL in case you were wondering.) Any tried-and-true solutions are very much appreciated!

Leila

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-27-2007, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone? I can't be the only one with this problem... can I? :

#3 of 4 Old 07-27-2007, 11:59 PM

I have the same problem, but no good solutions. If I get a pedicure they look good for about 3 weeks, and then they're back to being cracked. Which means they're cracked about 49 weeks a year since I don't get pedicures often.

The last person I got a pedicure from told me to use "diabetic derm" he said it was a really good treatment, but I haven't gotten it yet.
#4 of 4 Old 07-28-2007, 02:06 AM

It doesn't sound like you have athlete's foot, just very dry heels. You'd know if it's A.F. because it hurts and it's itchy. I also have very dry cracked heels because I hardly ever wear shoes. If you use a pumice stone everytime you get out of the shower it will gradually exfoliate all of the dryness away. It works really well for me as long as I do it regularly. If I slack off it comes right back. Maybe I should just start wearing shoes?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page