5 year old with frequent headaches-UPDATE! in post #1 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 10-18-2007, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Make sure he isin't getting anything with apartame (Nutrasweet) - anything marked sugar free: I only have to eat a small portion of something with it in it and I have a migraine for sure! Many are sensitive to artificial sweetners

That is the only thing I could think of that others haven't mentioned previously.
#32 of 33 Old 10-18-2007, 12:33 PM

I haven't been able to read the whole thread, nak, and it's 11:30 pm here.
But, that said, I wanted to quick tell you about my DS.
He is 6, has had headaches, exactly as you describe, only on his forehead, not anywhere else, although sometimes it engulfs the head, but rarely.
Took him to check his eyes, they are fine.
Took him to Ped., says it's sinus, allergies, must put him on allergy meds. I wasn't satisfied with that, as there was no proof, and just seemed like a catch-all kind of response.
Was talking to a friend of mine, also a Chiro., and she said bring him in, what else do you have to lose? I was a bit skeptical truthfully. He saw her for a few weeks, about 2x/wk. His headaches are GONE!
Viola, that's it! I was so amazed and delighted, and he is so happy they are gone. What a relief.
Now I take him in maybe twice a month just to make sure everything is okay, or when he complains of a headache again.

So, fwiw, I say try it, what do you have to lose? Besides, that beats having him on meds any day!
Hope this helps
#33 of 33 Old 10-18-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splunky View Post
I haven't been able to read the whole thread, nak, and it's 11:30 pm here.
But, that said, I wanted to quick tell you about my DS.
He is 6, has had headaches, exactly as you describe, only on his forehead, not anywhere else, although sometimes it engulfs the head, but rarely.
Took him to check his eyes, they are fine.
Took him to Ped., says it's sinus, allergies, must put him on allergy meds. I wasn't satisfied with that, as there was no proof, and just seemed like a catch-all kind of response.
Was talking to a friend of mine, also a Chiro., and she said bring him in, what else do you have to lose? I was a bit skeptical truthfully. He saw her for a few weeks, about 2x/wk. His headaches are GONE!
Viola, that's it! I was so amazed and delighted, and he is so happy they are gone. What a relief.
Now I take him in maybe twice a month just to make sure everything is okay, or when he complains of a headache again.

So, fwiw, I say try it, what do you have to lose? Besides, that beats having him on meds any day!
Hope this helps

I couldn't agree more. I have been plagued with debilitating migraines since I was three years old. The only non-drug treatment that work for me is regular adjustments. There is a definite increase in my migraines when I slack on seeing my chiro. FTR, it doesn't sound like your DS has a typical migraine (which is generally accompanied by nausea, light and noise sensitivty, blurred vision, slurred speech, etc.). I would never put my child on daily meds for what you describe. I think your doc actually jumped the gun and possibly misdiagnosed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page