Asperger's Syndrome - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2003, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone i'm not not sure if i am posting in the right section.I would like to get some information on Asperger's syndrome.What exactly is it?Does anyone have children with it and how do you deal with it?
I would appreciate any info you can give me.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2003, 10:24 AM

I have a nephew with aspergers. I dont know a lot aobu tit but i can tell you what i know. Aspergers is considered the high functioning end of autism.
We noticed a problem around 15 mo he is 8 now an di n public school with the help of an aid. I remeber the temper tantrums and head banging and screaming ahe went through with him when he was younger. SHe really had a horrid time with him he wouldnt communicate and if you would ask him a ? he would repeat it back to you as an answer he still does that today some. I know that mothers of autistc children really have there hands full becuase autistic children tend to not be able to express them selves. this is just what i have learned from my nephew with aspergers. there are some great groups out there that could probably answer your ? better than i did i will find htem and post them for you.
[email protected]

[email protected]
Old 07-14-2003, 03:59 PM

Hi. Below are two good links to get lots of information on Asperger's Syndrom. I have Asperger's.

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/index.html

http://www.isn.net/~jypsy/whataspe.htm

User Tag List