Help ASAP! Baby tooth knocked loose - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-20-2007, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 3.5-year old dd just collided with her brother and knocked her top front tooth loose. It's bleeding around the gumline and looks knocked back. We're icing it, and my dh is calling the dr. We don't have a dentist for her yet . . . . any ideas what to do?

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#2 of 4 Old 08-21-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepplon View Post
My 3.5-year old dd just collided with her brother and knocked her top front tooth loose. It's bleeding around the gumline and looks knocked back. We're icing it, and my dh is calling the dr. We don't have a dentist for her yet . . . . any ideas what to do?
There's nothing you can do at this point except wait. Encourage her not to wiggle and hope that it heals back up. You might give her some rescue remedy for the calming effect. It could heal up, it could need to be pulled. But you'll have to see a dentist to know for sure. I've heard of both happening.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#3 of 4 Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 AM

Poor kid! Hopefully it will heal, though if it doesn't at least it's not a "placeholder" tooth. My DS has looked like a jack-o'-lantern for the past 6 months due to a similar injury.
#4 of 4 Old 08-21-2007, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. We just got back from my dentist, who made a splint from some wire to stabilize the front teeth--it turns out they are both loose. He said they appear to be broken and might not make it. :

I guess in the scheme of things it's a minor injury, but I'm so bummed. I broke out my front tooth as a teenager, so I have dental fear issues! But of course dd is a trooper, and she's as chipper as ever already.

Here's hoping they heal . . .

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page