Mommas with Lyme Disease <3 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 369 Old 02-04-2008, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am going to see an infectious disease dr in MA today. Its the only dr I could find who will treat lyme, and treat it more than 3 weeks of abx. I still dont know what I want to do....but at least i can talk to this dr and see what she says. See how good she is. I dont know anything about her except someone mentioned her on lymenet.org. This is the only dr I can get in to see, everyone else is not accepting new patients. I am scared if she suggests a PICC line. I am really really scared of that. I will update when I get back

Mamma to my four wonderful, amazing and unique children~~Wife to my true soulmate who sees things the way I do, together we are truly a team!
#122 of 369 Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulajewla View Post
I am going to see an infectious disease dr in MA today. Its the only dr I could find who will treat lyme, and treat it more than 3 weeks of abx. I still dont know what I want to do....but at least i can talk to this dr and see what she says. See how good she is. I dont know anything about her except someone mentioned her on lymenet.org. This is the only dr I can get in to see, everyone else is not accepting new patients. I am scared if she suggests a PICC line. I am really really scared of that. I will update when I get back
I hope everything goes well for you. I will be : for you!!

Mama to monkey #1 , monkey #2 , and new little monkey #3 . I am always :yawning and making lots of
#123 of 369 Old 02-05-2008, 09:58 AM

It was a great visit!!! I didnt know, but not only is she a doctor, but a holistic healer as well. Very cool.

I got all of the necessary bloodwork done---something I didnt know I needed. I had about 7 vials of blood drawn and they are testing for everything---24 different tests including co infection tests. Awesome.

I am going to take 3 months of doxycycline....she said if I feel better after a month and theres 100% improvement I could stop the abx. But there has to be a miraculous recovery. I am VERY nervous about taking the antibiotic. VERY VERY nervous. I am so afraid i will have an anaphylactic response....I never have before, but i am so scared I will. my stomach is a big ball of knots right now thinking about it.

We discussed nutrition and light exercize. I dont want to quit dance---but she said that since everytime I dance I am in severe pain and have fevers after means that my body is telling me its too much. But i think ill seriously be depressed if i quit.

She educated me on the proteins that are attached to lyme and why the CDC wants to make sure that the lyme titers are accurate before letting people being diagnosed with it---but they dont realize that those tests are really inaccurate. I cant remember everything she said---but she drew pictures for me and wrote it all down. She said that some proteins for say an autoimmune disorder can mimic the lyme ones and it can get confusing. So she does a huge test, testing for 24 different things....including liver enzymes and other stuff like that.

She said with my symptoms and positive ELISA and Western Blot I do have lyme---but we also need more information--is there more going on? She treats the symptoms and treats the patient as an individual, and doesnt say ok this is what we do for everyone. she tailors treatment to each person. I asked her about the hives I keep getting for no apparent reason and it seems like im allergic to things ive never been before---and she said either its a die off reaction or my body is reacting to the lyme like it is allergic to it. During the cephalosporin i was on, I had hives in my mouth during week 3. She said it could have been die off--BUT i was also on a womens multivitamin that had herbs in it i could have been allergic to, so we dont know.

She also talked about things like free radicals in the body, how they get there, what they are, how it ties all into lyme and other diseases too. Very informative.

So thats pretty much all I can remember without digging out my paper. I am happy with this doctor and satisfied with everything that went on yesterday

Mamma to my four wonderful, amazing and unique children~~Wife to my true soulmate who sees things the way I do, together we are truly a team!
#124 of 369 Old 02-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
It was a great visit!!! I didnt know, but not only is she a doctor, but a holistic healer as well. Very cool.

I got all of the necessary bloodwork done---something I didnt know I needed. I had about 7 vials of blood drawn and they are testing for everything---24 different tests including co infection tests. Awesome.

I am going to take 3 months of doxycycline....she said if I feel better after a month and theres 100% improvement I could stop the abx. But there has to be a miraculous recovery. I am VERY nervous about taking the antibiotic. VERY VERY nervous. I am so afraid i will have an anaphylactic response....I never have before, but i am so scared I will. my stomach is a big ball of knots right now thinking about it.

We discussed nutrition and light exercize. I dont want to quit dance---but she said that since everytime I dance I am in severe pain and have fevers after means that my body is telling me its too much. But i think ill seriously be depressed if i quit.

She educated me on the proteins that are attached to lyme and why the CDC wants to make sure that the lyme titers are accurate before letting people being diagnosed with it---but they dont realize that those tests are really inaccurate. I cant remember everything she said---but she drew pictures for me and wrote it all down. She said that some proteins for say an autoimmune disorder can mimic the lyme ones and it can get confusing. So she does a huge test, testing for 24 different things....including liver enzymes and other stuff like that.

She said with my symptoms and positive ELISA and Western Blot I do have lyme---but we also need more information--is there more going on? She treats the symptoms and treats the patient as an individual, and doesnt say ok this is what we do for everyone. she tailors treatment to each person. I asked her about the hives I keep getting for no apparent reason and it seems like im allergic to things ive never been before---and she said either its a die off reaction or my body is reacting to the lyme like it is allergic to it. During the cephalosporin i was on, I had hives in my mouth during week 3. She said it could have been die off--BUT i was also on a womens multivitamin that had herbs in it i could have been allergic to, so we dont know.

She also talked about things like free radicals in the body, how they get there, what they are, how it ties all into lyme and other diseases too. Very informative.

So thats pretty much all I can remember without digging out my paper. I am happy with this doctor and satisfied with everything that went on yesterday
Oh Doulajewla, I am so happy for you! That is wonderful.

Now you can really focus on healing. What a blessing to have found a doctor that focuses on the individual first as opposed to the condition first.

Jamie

Mama to monkey #1 , monkey #2 , and new little monkey #3 . I am always :yawning and making lots of
#125 of 369 Old 02-05-2008, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats!

My husband called the LLMD in my area, i dont know if i'll do the antibiotics
though...

It's a personal choice.

Good luck to you! So happy you are finding answers finally to this
riddle of illness.
#126 of 369 Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Changed name of the group, for a more fitting title.
#127 of 369 Old 02-08-2008, 12:41 PM

Quick overview: Contracted Lyme 8 months ago. Started antibiotics after 3ish months. Still on 'em. Just had 2nd miscarriage in those 8 months. Currently having relapse. AND IT'S BAD.

Anyone know anything about post-pregnancy Lyme?

Anyone else, because of Lyme, get muscle pain, or joint pain, or nerve pain ALL over your body? I've got all 3 right now and am freaked out.

I need to know if this is Lyme-related.
#128 of 369 Old 02-08-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayinFor12 View Post
Quick overview: Contracted Lyme 8 months ago. Started antibiotics after 3ish months. Still on 'em. Just had 2nd miscarriage in those 8 months. Currently having relapse. AND IT'S BAD.

Anyone know anything about post-pregnancy Lyme?

Anyone else, because of Lyme, get muscle pain, or joint pain, or nerve pain ALL over your body? I've got all 3 right now and am freaked out.

I need to know if this is Lyme-related.
I will do a little intro first--

I had/have Lyme (I have not been retested but I do not experience symptoms at this point). I was treated with abx from about Sept2006-March 2007 when I quit because I personaly felt like it was doing more damage than good for me. I started getting much better after that and just worked on natural ways to boost my immune system (diet, relaxation, nutritional supplements..) and it seems to have worked.

I have pretty much attributed all the health problems (sudden onset of cavities, PPD/PPP, anxiety, abnormal cervical cells, miscarriage, Lyme) I had experinced over a 5 year peroid to an inadequate nutrient intake and too much stress--it just shot down my immune system. My dr thought I had Lyme for years before I ever felt it...I honestly think if I kept my immune system in optimal shape I never would have experinced any symptoms. (I know many people will choose long term abx for Lyme and have differnet ideas on disease---I do not judge that. I am just sharing what I have experienced and learned in my health struggles )

Prayinfor 12--
I did have full body pain when I had Lyme symptoms--I felt like I had been hit by a car or like I had a severe flu with body and joint aching. About post pregnancy lyme--I think that a miscarriage is probably very stressful on the body/emotions and that your body is reacting in pain. I had a miscarriage about 6 mos before I was diagnosed with Lyme and I am so sorry for your losses s

Jen

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#129 of 369 Old 02-08-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlemama View Post

I will do a little intro first--

I had/have Lyme (I have not been retested but I do not experience symptoms at this point). I was treated with abx from about Sept2006-March 2007 when I quit because I personaly felt like it was doing more damage than good for me. I started getting much better after that and just worked on natural ways to boost my immune system (diet, relaxation, nutritional supplements..) and it seems to have worked.

I have pretty much attributed all the health problems (sudden onset of cavities, PPD/PPP, anxiety, abnormal cervical cells, miscarriage, Lyme) I had experinced over a 5 year peroid to an inadequate nutrient intake and too much stress--it just shot down my immune system. My dr thought I had Lyme for years before I ever felt it...I honestly think if I kept my immune system in optimal shape I never would have experinced any symptoms. (I know many people will choose long term abx for Lyme and have differnet ideas on disease---I do not judge that. I am just sharing what I have experienced and learned in my health struggles )

Prayinfor 12--
I did have full body pain when I had Lyme symptoms--I felt like I had been hit by a car or like I had a severe flu with body and joint aching. About post pregnancy lyme--I think that a miscarriage is probably very stressful on the body/emotions and that your body is reacting in pain. I had a miscarriage about 6 mos before I was diagnosed with Lyme and I am so sorry for your losses s

Jen

Everything she said^^^Yeah that^^^I never took abx, however went into treatment using herbs and supplements and relaxation (yoga) and building a super nutrient dense diet, which, IMO is the KEY to all of the above. However, I would never take away from the importance of the yoga and herbs and supplements. The diet has REALLY, REALLY, REALLY made the biggest difference in my relief of symptoms. I had the terrible feelings you describe. I still occassionally have flares, but each time is getting further and further apart and also is not as severe. However, I did feel as though I had been hit by a car. I had left side of my body weakness. Almost like someone was sitting on the left side of my body. I had the terrible neck, shoulder, base of head pain (this comes back with the flares, though not as severe each time), also the tingling literally everywhere in my body.

I could go on, but I am sure you know exactly what I mean. I am so sorry for your miscarriage. This terrible illness is just that, terrible. I pray that you will be able to heal, soon. Blessings!

#130 of 369 Old 02-09-2008, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

What are some nutrient dense ideas for someone who is on an extremely limited budget and cannot have ANY (and i mean ANY) Carbs or Sugar.

Basically all meats and fat for me.
:S
#131 of 369 Old 02-09-2008, 12:36 AM

I eat lots of raw fats such as raw egg smoothies. Can you have bananas? I put about 1/2 of 1 banana plus juiced veggies plus butter and coconut oil. You could always sweeten with stevia. The jist of it for me is very lightly cooked red meat or raw fish. Also raw fruits and veggies. LOTS of raw fats. I keep repeating myself, but this has saved me. Can you do raw milk? I would say, on a budget, lots of eggs, meats, veggies. I would try brewing kefir or kombucha. I believe bone broths are wonderful, too.

I don't eat any grains at all. Well, sometimes I have a slip up, but that is VERY rare.

You should check out the grain free thread over in traditional foods. That is where I have gotten tons of info.

#132 of 369 Old 02-09-2008, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Sadly I cannot drink raw milk, I cannot have bananas, and stevia
gives me a headache.

I have an organism in my body that feeds quite violently on dairy,
ferments, carbs and sugars. As you can see that leaves me with
little choices.

I am quite sad i cannot drink the raw milk, as i know it has
potent healing properties. I do mourn that something that
could help heal me is something i cant even have.
#133 of 369 Old 02-09-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlemama View Post
I started getting much better after that and just worked on natural ways to boost my immune system (diet, relaxation, nutritional supplements..) and it seems to have worked.

Prayinfor 12--

Jen
Jen, this post is packed with info relevant to me.

Please name some basics of immune system boosting - things I can start pronto. What is the highest priority?

The theory about stress adding to the pain - logical. Extreme stress would lower my immune system, therefore making this relapse worse than normal. Am I right? I'm not sure!

And don't you think it odd we both conceived and miscarried while having Lyme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie79 View Post
I never took abx, however went into treatment using herbs and supplements and relaxation (yoga) and building a super nutrient dense diet, which, IMO is the KEY to all of the above.
Would you also offer your advice on what's most vital to do NOW? What could I take action on this week?

Quote:
I had left side of my body weakness. Almost like someone was sitting on the left side of my body. I had the terrible neck, shoulder, base of head pain (this comes back with the flares, though not as severe each time), also the tingling literally everywhere in my body.

I am so sorry for your miscarriage. Blessings!
One side of the body was worse than the other? Thanks for the info! I was just pointing out to dh yesterday that I have worse pain on the right side. Kinda freaked me out. But if your weakness was worse on one side, maybe that's "normal?"

And thanks.

Quote:
Can you do raw milk?
Can you fill us in on the reason to drink raw milk? I'd sure rather go for that than raw meat! People talk about raw milk like it's a miracle. Info please?

Everyone,
Jamie mentioned "tingling everywhere in my body." There are 2 things I have that I haven't been able to find officially listed as Lyme symptoms. I've been very worried that I have some other neurological problem on top of the Lyme.

If any of you have tingling/burning/stinging skin, please tell me.

If any of you have involuntary muscle movements, specifically tightening, vibrating, quivering, or feeling like you got a mild shock, please tell me.

Thanks, Girls!
#134 of 369 Old 02-09-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Jen, this post is packed with info relevant to me.

Please name some basics of immune system boosting - things I can start pronto. What is the highest priority?

And don't you think it odd we both conceived and miscarried while having Lyme?

For immune system boosting- I am not sure of your specific situation, but here is what works for me. I am just going to blabble on whatever pops in my head that I remember, so watch out!

1. This is what I wished I would have started with--Lots of fat soluables---especially getting in vitamin A (from food sources only)--High vitamin Cod liver oil (1T or more a day), pastured liver, egg yolks, pastured dairy products. I must say that high vitamin cod liver oil and liver helped me immensely. I seriously wish I would have started eating lots of them and sooner. Primitive people got in about 50,000iu of A day (and I think about 5,000 of vitamin D) so that is what I aim for. Vitamin D also helps with the immune system and has been shown to reduce pain in people with CFS.

2. Lots of fermented foods (especially because of the abx)--kefir, kombucha, saurkraut, homemade yogurt..(Cooking info is in Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon) There is a lot of info out there about the gut being very important as far as the immmune sytem goes. (That is a main reason why I quit abx because I felt they were impairing my immune system andd that is not what I needed)

3. Are you zinc defiencient? It is very important for the immune system. Do you have white spots on your nails? I can tell you how to take a home zinc test of interested.

4. Coconut products may help too--I have read about them being anti-bacterial/fungal ect. Google more info about it and then add coconut milk/oil to your diet if it suits you. I ate a lot over the past year and I think it probably helped.

I do a traditional foods diet (based on the research of Weston Price). Vitamin/mineral and other supplements complemented that. I don't think they really would have worked out the the context of my diet though. More info www.westonaprice.org and the "Traditional Foods" section on motheringdotcommune.

Balancing my adrenals helped also. You can get a saliva test to see if yours are worn. I think it was $150 and very worth it, IMO. You could also see of you have any food intolerances and could be making you feel worse than you have to (gluten, dairy, ect). Cutting out gluten, dairy, tomatoes, and eggs helped my pain so much. I am hoping that as my gut heals further that I will be able to reintoduce these foods. Get in the sun as much as you can. Try and have close relationiships and don't isolate yourself--which is so easy to do when you are in chronic pain.

About my miscarriage--I did have a healthy baby and pregnancy in 2004 and I may have had Lyme back then. I really think that the reason I miscarried was because I was so depleated. Plus I was on anti-depressants so who knows if that played a factor too. I may still have Lyme disease and I am due tomorrow with a seemingly healthy baby so I don't think Lyme affected my fertility really.

I just want to tell you all there is hope. Healing does take time and it feels like an eternity when you are in the middle of it all. I felt my worst about 1.5 years ago but now I am "normal" again. Sometimes I just can't beleive it. I pray that you all find healing and hope.

Jen

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#135 of 369 Old 02-18-2008, 03:18 AM
kcs

Hi gals, can I join your group? I have had lyme for probably 15-20 years, was just diagnosed about 7 months ago though, and will be starting abx treatment in a little over a month. I will have to wean my baby early to start the treatment, which is why such a long lag between diagnosis and treatment - we decided on 1 year as the cutoff, I just couldn't bring myself to wean him earlier than that, and as my doctor says, I have had this so long, that a few more months won't make a difference in the prognosis. We stressed over whether or not to discontinue when I was diagnosed, but decided that if he was going to get it from me (the jury is still out on whether or not it can be transmitted through breastmilk), then likely he had been exposed in utero (transmission in utero has been documented), and would need all the antibodies and other good stuff in the breastmilk even more. Anyhow, that is where things stand now - I hate the thought of having to take abx for likely a very long time (I am very anti-meds), but I hate the lyme even more, and I know how much damage it does, especially when undiagnosed for this long. I need to beat this thing, and from my research I feel like abx are my best shot at it. I do however want to combine the abx with natural therapies, will be taking lots of probiotics, and we are thinking of getting an infrared sauna - does anyone have any experience with these? Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know all of you, so sorry that you all have this damned lyme also though
-karen
#136 of 369 Old 02-18-2008, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcs View Post
Hi gals, can I join your group? I have had lyme for probably 15-20 years, was just diagnosed about 7 months ago though, and will be starting abx treatment in a little over a month. I will have to wean my baby early to start the treatment, which is why such a long lag between diagnosis and treatment - we decided on 1 year as the cutoff, I just couldn't bring myself to wean him earlier than that, and as my doctor says, I have had this so long, that a few more months won't make a difference in the prognosis. We stressed over whether or not to discontinue when I was diagnosed, but decided that if he was going to get it from me (the jury is still out on whether or not it can be transmitted through breastmilk), then likely he had been exposed in utero (transmission in utero has been documented), and would need all the antibodies and other good stuff in the breastmilk even more. Anyhow, that is where things stand now - I hate the thought of having to take abx for likely a very long time (I am very anti-meds), but I hate the lyme even more, and I know how much damage it does, especially when undiagnosed for this long. I need to beat this thing, and from my research I feel like abx are my best shot at it. I do however want to combine the abx with natural therapies, will be taking lots of probiotics, and we are thinking of getting an infrared sauna - does anyone have any experience with these? Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know all of you, so sorry that you all have this damned lyme also though
-karen
Welcome, or should I say UN-Welcome to this unfortunate group...it is not a fun bunch to be a part of, however, there is always hope, right?

My Naturopath uses the infrared sauna for her Lyme. It has been in remission/gone for a while, but she still uses it and raves about it. They can be pricey, though, no?

Well, I hope you learn a lot from these message boards and are able to heal quickly

#137 of 369 Old 02-18-2008, 08:19 PM
kcs

Yea, they are pricey unfortunately, but my DH was open to the idea of getting one, so hopefully we can scrape up the cash soon.

Since I have had so much time between diagnosis and treatment, I have been able to read up on lyme a lot - so much information out there though, it is kindof overwhelming. I'm a member of two California lyme yahoo groups also, which have been very helpful. I really think this is much more widespread than anyone realizes, so scary!
-karen
#138 of 369 Old 02-18-2008, 08:22 PM

Jen,

THANK YOU for the advice/info.
I'm going to look into cod liver oil and pregnancy (not that I'm trying, but I'm forever careful). We bought strawberry kefir at Trader Joe's and dh left it out overnight. Sooo...still trying on that one. No - no white spots on any nails - I assume my zinc must be ok then?

Do you know an easy way to eat coconut milk/oil? I've never even eaten either one. And do you know how to eat liver without knowing you're eating liver? And now that I think about it, why liver?

Thanks!

I assume you've had your baby by now. I hope you're having a blast with him/her.
#139 of 369 Old 02-18-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
-karen
Karen,
"Un-welcome" from me too.
It must've been hard to make the breastfeeding decision - but your logic seems good to me!
I sincerely hope the abx kick the Lyme's butt.

Random thinking here: I also take abx and probiotics. But doesn't the abx kill the probiotics? If so, wouldn't that keep the abx from having as much power against the Lyme? Does this thinking make sense?
#140 of 369 Old 02-19-2008, 01:51 AM
kcs

I have been wondering the same thing - some of the people in my lyme group separate the probiotics and the antibiotics by two hours, that is one of the questions I want to ask my doctor when I see her next. I am also wondering if taking kefir would be better than store-bought probiotics or not.
-karen
#141 of 369 Old 02-19-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
I have been wondering the same thing - some of the people in my lyme group separate the probiotics and the antibiotics by two hours, that is one of the questions I want to ask my doctor when I see her next. I am also wondering if taking kefir would be better than store-bought probiotics or not.
-karen
Interesting! Dh figured out for me that I was getting nightmare tummy aches when I took abx and probiotics at the same time. Mr. Brilliant figured they might be reacting together. Sure enough - I started spacing them and the tummy aches went away. Just fwiw.
#142 of 369 Old 02-24-2008, 03:43 AM

Hello! Let me introduce myself and join the group none us wants to be in.

I discovered a large bite on my back summer of 03. Thought it went away (who looks at their back), but it really just faded and grew til it went from one side of my back all the way around to the side of my br**st. It hurt and I couldn't sleep except on one side (but I would accidentally roll.) But it was so faint the doctor couldn't really see it and I couldn't point without a mirror. But he gave me the lyme test and 3 weeks of antibiotic in the meantime. I got a positive result. About 5 weeks later I got my first real bladder infection and 6 weeks later had a follow up were I was told I was clear. By the way, this was all in Germany with a doctor who told me "inspirate" instead of inhale (He was proud of his English, but I don't think he listened well even when I spoke German!)

By then, I was inpatient for another baby, but waited a bit to give my body some rest. And then was shocked when I couldn't get pregnant for after 6 months. I had to just give up, but I started feeling more energetic about that time and did end up pregnant. I crashed. Bronchitis that would come and go for about 6 weeks. I was on the couch. I never ran a fever, so it was the 3rd time before I got an antibiotic, which in hind site, just put the lyme in remission. Well, I'll shorten the rest to say, much fatigue, about 4 weeks of light labor, 3 breast infections and horrid cracking later, I realized I wasn't recovered from child birth b/c pregnancy wasn't the problem--I still had LD.

So, I went the naturopath way. I breastfeed for 11 months and then started weaning (I think it took me about a month.) My dd tested (with Electrodermal screening) to have Lyme, but a sample of my breastmilk did not. After the year mark, I felt I needed to be able to detox. After a while I got frustrated with my ND and was feeling pretty well, so I just didn't go back. I tried to back off Cumanda (and herbal antibiotic), but noticed clean Lyme symptoms, so I went back on.

I found a new lady and am trying a different natural approach. I'm going to her less as I'm apparently doing much better. Unfortunately, I'm still having a lot of fatigue, which it seems is likely an adrenal issue. I'm going to have her test that next visit.

I do the traditional diet. I really need to get more fermented in my diet, but I do all soaked grains, raw milk (but no source of other raw dairy products), and pretty much organic food. Honey and Maple syrup are our sweetners.

One great Lyme thing I've found is the Zapper. It's basically the same thing as a Rife machine as far as I can tell. It's like $200, so not a huge investment. I felt the effects dramatically and within minutes the first time I used it (I was in bad shape that day, so I went from barely able to turn my head to my shoulders feeling lose.) I wish I'd gotten it sooner. I've only had it for a few months, but it's really helping.

I am trying the MMS right now. My uncle bought some for me, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. (I'm not even close to my uncle--it's honestly really touched me that he cared.) You work your way up to 15 drops. I am up to 7. I have felt a bit nauseous and had to back off a bit a couple times, so I know their is a kill off happening. The Zapper was already helping so much, it's hard to tell how much the MMS is doing. But the testimonies I heard were convincing enough to try it.

Another thing I like to do is fast. I don't know how good of an idea it is, but I've gotten wonderful results from doing the Master Cleanse (you can look it up on my blog). That's when I've felt the best--or I should say afterwords. It didn't hurt that it also helped me lose my pregnancy weight, which didn't budge for like 2 years. I really wasn't caring about the weight, but it made me feel so much better.

Speaking of pregnancy (someone on here asked something) I do know I had a VERY difficult time recovering from childbirth. I still had something unhealed at 6 weeks in my uterus and it caused some mild pain and showed on and ultrasound. I had trouble getting my gut to go back in (until I learned did T-Tapp exercises(that's on my blog too.) I still have awful saggy belly skin with stretch marks 3 years later. My body just wouldn't heal very fast. I wasn't back on my feet for quite some time either. It seems to just be a Lyme thing. It wasn't like that with my 1st child.

Anyway, that's my story. I'm planning on getting rid of this curse though. And I won't be so foolish to push my self without regard to my health or diet again. And my children WILL grow up knowing how to protect their health.

I should go and try to sleep, but sleep is not something that comes easily yet. I'd love that to go away soon. Well, good night all.:yawning:

Traditional foods eating, homeschooling mom of 2 girls (4 and 8)--Miraculously freed of Lyme disease last fall!
#143 of 369 Old 02-24-2008, 12:21 PM

Lymeade,
Awesome name and siggy.

Help us out here. What are "Zapper" and "MMS?"

Welcome to the group.

Waaaaait a minute. You said something about your neck and shoulders being immobile and then they got loose. Do you also have problems with muscles getting tight/contracting involuntarily? I can't find a single other Lymie that also claims this problem but my feet haven't "let go" since early Dec.

Holly
#144 of 369 Old 02-24-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Lymeade,
Awesome name and siggy.

Help us out here. What are "Zapper" and "MMS?"

Welcome to the group.

Waaaaait a minute. You said something about your neck and shoulders being immobile and then they got loose. Do you also have problems with muscles getting tight/contracting involuntarily? I can't find a single other Lymie that also claims this problem but my feet haven't "let go" since early Dec.

Holly
I think someone else on here mentioned MMS--the "Miracle Mineral Solution".

A Zapper is similar to a Rife machine, I think. It is a little box with gel pads that stick on your skin. It sends low level electricity at specific frequency through the body. The frequencies I use are specific for Lyme disease and Chronic Fatigue. Search Hulda Clark--she's the researcher behind them.

I get very tight in the shoulder region and when it's bad it goes up into my neck. Sugar is "best" way for me to get in trouble this way. Killing off the Lyme with the zapper loosens it up. It's not exactly involuntary, but it can get very tight. My "doctor" says that the traps getting very tight is typical LD.

Last night I watched a trailer for a movie about Lyme from this thread (I think) and liked it so much I linked to it from my blog. (Thanks someone!) It shows some people with their hands balled up (looks out of control), so you might be interested in watching it. It sounds similiar.

I read once there are 350 symptoms of Lyme. Enough me to just say--that's probably Lyme to just about anything. What ever the bacteria attack, they damage, so it can affect the nerves, muscles, or whatever.

I did use to get a lot of pains in my feet. But one of the treatments I did along the way fixed that problem--but I couldn't tell you what. I've been using sets of herbal/frequency medicines and you take one set for a month and it works on one problem area like digestion, or circulation or nerves. And so some of my symptoms have gotten wiped out by those sets. It's very cool. But you have to do testing, b/c it's very specific to what's going on in your body. I'm a big believer in this natural stuff now.

Traditional foods eating, homeschooling mom of 2 girls (4 and 8)--Miraculously freed of Lyme disease last fall!
#145 of 369 Old 02-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lymeade Lady View Post
I think someone else on here mentioned MMS--the "Miracle Mineral Solution".

A Zapper is similar to a Rife machine, I think. It is a little box with gel pads that stick on your skin. It sends low level electricity at specific frequency through the body. The frequencies I use are specific for Lyme disease and Chronic Fatigue. Search Hulda Clark--she's the researcher behind them.

I get very tight in the shoulder region and when it's bad it goes up into my neck. Sugar is "best" way for me to get in trouble this way. Killing off the Lyme with the zapper loosens it up. It's not exactly involuntary, but it can get very tight. My "doctor" says that the traps getting very tight is typical LD.

Last night I watched a trailer for a movie about Lyme from this thread (I think) and liked it so much I linked to it from my blog. (Thanks someone!) It shows some people with their hands balled up (looks out of control), so you might be interested in watching it. It sounds similiar.

I read once there are 350 symptoms of Lyme. Enough me to just say--that's probably Lyme to just about anything. What ever the bacteria attack, they damage, so it can affect the nerves, muscles, or whatever.

I did use to get a lot of pains in my feet. But one of the treatments I did along the way fixed that problem--but I couldn't tell you what. I've been using sets of herbal/frequency medicines and you take one set for a month and it works on one problem area like digestion, or circulation or nerves. And so some of my symptoms have gotten wiped out by those sets. It's very cool. But you have to do testing, b/c it's very specific to what's going on in your body. I'm a big believer in this natural stuff now.

ITA about the tightness in the shoulder/neck region. I get such HORRID pain there. It hurts to just hold up my head. I have a rub I use occasionally called Tiger Balm arthritis rub that works wonders for that. It burns like Icy Hot at first but after a bit, when the burn wears off, the pain is generally gone. Sugar is a big culprit in a lot of lyme symptoms. From what I understand, sugar 'feeds' the lyme. I notice HUGE increase n symptoms if I ingest anything besides raw honey or maple syrup. Any kind of sugar, even organic is enough to send me into a funk.

#146 of 369 Old 02-24-2008, 08:41 PM

I had the breast infections, 5 in the last 2 years of having lyme (though I did not know it at the time that i had lyme). I had one bad UTI--a few months ago, and I never had one before so i was really confused with the amount of pain! I am glad no lyme proteins were found in the breastmilk---i wonder about my breastmilk. I am still BF and shes almost 27 months...ive had lyme since 2 weeks after she was born(thats when I was bitten) so I wondered if she had it. She was tested but my dr's office is not calling me back when i leave messages. Its been about 5 weeks since she was tested.

I am not planning on getting pg...but i am wondering---during the pg, (for newcastlemama ) did you have lyme symptoms, pain etc? Was it worse, the same or better? I have heel and bilateral hip pain that is really painful so I dont think another baby is ever in our future. I was done anyway---but dh wants another. I am also afraid of giving lyme to a child...though I know it doesnt always happen.

Just to update--I am on abx (forgive me if ive updated already i forget) for 3 months right now and found an LLMD 2 hours from where i live about 3 weeks ago. She tested me for EVERYTHING including co infections and cbc and liver--all that. i think it was about 25 different tests she ordered. So on my bday I will find out how the tests came back. There were some other lyme tests too. I chose the abx for now in conjunction with homeopathic for now. I may go totally homeopathic and herbal if the abx doesnt work. Right now im doing both. Milk thistle for liver cleansing and my homeopath sent some new remedies for me to try. I liked the LLMD i found--she is into alternative healing methods as well, and keeps a good eye on diet. Since my diet is already for the most part ok, we didnt have to do too much adjusting. I am still feeling crappy and have pain--and at one point i was getting hives and the pain was really very bad, but that may have been die off. Now i am just in pain a little.

Hope everyone else is progressing

#147 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 02:00 PM

Quick question:

Anyone know if I can take synthetic antibiotics and Cat's Claw at the same time? I have both in my house and ready to take (already on the syn).

Lemme know if you know anything!
Holly
#148 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I
I am not planning on getting pg...but i am wondering---during the pg, (for newcastlemama ) did you have lyme symptoms, pain etc? Was it worse, the same or better? I have heel and bilateral hip pain that is really painful so I dont think another baby is ever in our future. I was done anyway---but dh wants another. I am also afraid of giving lyme to a child...though I know it doesnt always happen.
I felt good and had a very healthy pregnancy and baby (Did not have a cold or anything!). I have barely had pain anway in probably almost a year (I quit abx in 3/2007 and just kept feeling better from there). On the rare occasion that my hands hurt a little I can usually trace it back to accidental dairy or gluten ingestion.

I researched pregnancy and lyme disease on PubMed and felt that I was fine to get pregnant. I think it is important to read the studies because there is a lot of scary info in the internet about Lyme and pregnancy that I could not find supported by the studies that I read.

Jen

#149 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Jen,

THANK YOU for the advice/info.
I'm going to look into cod liver oil and pregnancy (not that I'm trying, but I'm forever careful). We bought strawberry kefir at Trader Joe's and dh left it out overnight. Sooo...still trying on that one. No - no white spots on any nails - I assume my zinc must be ok then?

Do you know an easy way to eat coconut milk/oil? I've never even eaten either one. And do you know how to eat liver without knowing you're eating liver? And now that I think about it, why liver?

Thanks!

I assume you've had your baby by now. I hope you're having a blast with him/her.
Liver--I eat the chicken liver pate in Nourishing Traditions. I grind beef liver 2-4oz to every pound of ground beef in meatloaf and burgers. My family does not een know they are eating it Liver is very nutrient dense in everything you need for lyme--lots of B vitamins to provide energy and vitamin A for the immune system. http://www.westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/liver.html

Coconut-I use the milk to make smoothies.(I use coconut milk in place of milk because I can't do dairy) You can use the oil in cooking and add a few TBsp to smoothies as well. Pretty much just use it to replace butter in anything.

Jen

#150 of 369 Old 03-19-2008, 08:32 PM

Jen,
Grinding liver into "normal" meat - clever and sneaky!
Coconut milk is the stuff in the can right?

Doulajewla,
Fwiw, my pregnancy with Judah seems to be what triggered my foot pain / muscle spasms. Could've been coincidence, but it seems odd. They started (and hard too!) 3-4 weeks after I conceived. Noticeably started tapering off about 4 weeks after labor.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page