Menstruation every two weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-06-2007, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is now 19 months old and my period resumed just a month and a half ago. I now have a period every 8-12 days...anyone else go through that?

Before I got pregnant with my daughter, I was doing the same thing...having a period every two weeks and it made it difficult to have her.

Advice please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-06-2007, 05:49 PM

no advice

BTDT

When my flow came back PP -- i cycled every two weeks for 6 months -- then it righted itself to 31 days like before getting Pregant.

OB -- who i like and trust -- told me that the body can take a while to set set, the hormones and all -- espcailly as i was nurseing a 7 week old (yes week) when it happed. He said it was normal and not to worry.

he did check my iron after 4 months of it. also they did an US on my to be sure there was no placenta left in the womb -- but only cuz i was so early PP to get AF back.... he said if i was haveing cycles every 2 weeks and Theo was over 6 months he'd not have done it.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#3 of 4 Old 09-06-2007, 07:45 PM

are you having a full blown period or more like heavy spotting? i had heavy spoting/cramps for about 2 years. this was before i got pregnant. it happened right around when i would ovulate. i took Vitex Alfalfa daily to regulate my hormones and it went away after about 3 months or so. i had no problems with TTC after taking the V.A. we got pregnant on the first try.
i definitely think it was a hormonal thing.
#4 of 4 Old 09-07-2007, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickywicket67 View Post
are you having a full blown period or more like heavy spotting? i had heavy spoting/cramps for about 2 years. this was before i got pregnant. it happened right around when i would ovulate. i took Vitex Alfalfa daily to regulate my hormones and it went away after about 3 months or so. i had no problems with TTC after taking the V.A. we got pregnant on the first try.
i definitely think it was a hormonal thing.
They are full blown periods. It is really just more annoying than anything to be honest! We are not trying to get pregnant now - we are done But I am ready to have a period only once a month, not 2 or 3 times a month!:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page