Mothering Forum banner

Bronchitis

564 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  frog 
#1 ·
turtle and I both have it--we've never had it before. We've been to the doctor and found out it's viral (another thing I didn't know) and were pretty much told we need to ride it out.

Other than cold medicine to get me through my workday, any genius suggestions? Hot baths/showers seem to be helping.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Oh ick, I feel for you guys! I've been through a lot of lung stuff in the past few months (as you know), trying to think of what I have that's non prescription lol. If the hot baths/showers don't work then try sticking your head in the freezer. The cold air helps with inflammed lung tissue so they tell me. Vicks helped at night.

hope you guys feel better soon, bronchitis is no fun.

#4 ·
What stella said, the cold air always seems to help mine too - I usually get it at least once a year (so far dd has been lucky)

I didn't know it was viral either... are there two types? Every time I get it, I try to stick it out thinking I can kick it myself, and ultimately, almost two weeks later, I have to go to the doc for antibiotics. Those usually kick it in a few days. Last year I waited so long that I had pneumonia and I won't do that again.

I remember dd had something last year that was like bronchitis but it was just a viral infection - hers went away in about 5 days or so and we didn't need to go to the doctor for it. The only thing that really seemed to help her were some menthol type drops in her humidifier (this was in the dead of winter - I'm not sure where you live so it might not be smart to use a humidifier this time of the year
)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.