white spots on eyelids (milia) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-12-2007, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My boyfriend always has these white spots on his eyelids. I have read that they are called milia. Does anyone here have any knowledge about what causes these? Could it be some kind of nutritional deficiency? TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2007, 08:05 PM

Hi,
Are they flat spots or raised bumps? Could they be warts? Are they always there or do they come and go?

My ds had white warts on his eyelids. Dermatologists burned them off 3x and they kept coming back. Finally, I went to a homeopathic doctor and after doses of causticum for 2 weeks they have disappeared forever.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thank for the reply. They are raised white little bumps that look almost like white heads except that they can't be busted open. I don't think they are warts. They are weird though. They won't last forever but he always seems to have one or two.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:33 AM

Hmmm...don't know what to tell you. My ds' white warts were small and looked nearly separated from the skin. Not really like a pimple-look where it's more embedded in the skin. Sorry I couldn't help. Maybe try posting in the homeopathy forum?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:59 AM

They can be extracted by a good esthetician. I get them from time to time. I work in a dayspa, so I usually just enlist the help of one of them. It doesn't feel pleasant, but I don't like the way they look, so I just deal with the slight pain for the short amount of time they take to extract them. They just use a lancet to break the skin, then squeeze it out. It is like a little pearl... more hard, not like a regular whitehead.

They are usually caused by a buildup of skin cells. Women tend to get it more on their eyelids because of eye makeup/products, but anyone can get them. Regular exfoliation helps a lot. Most people don't tend to exfoliate their eyelids

I'd suggest either seeing a good esthetician, or a dermatologist.

User Tag List