Mothering Forum banner

So I've got this jar of Nutella...

2K views 80 replies 50 participants last post by  hipumpkins 
#1 ·
Now what?
What do you put it on? Do you give it to your kids?
I bought it b/c it was on sale and I thought I heard on this board about how delicious it is. I tasted a spoonful and yumola!! it is good but what do you do with it besides eat it off a spoon?

#6 ·
Ooohhhh... I LOVE Nutella! I put it on toast or soft bread. Dip bananas and strawberries in it. Sometimes I melt it over ice cream!
A couple of times, when I was feeling creative I spread it on a toasted waffle with a dab of vanilla yogurt on top! My favorite though is Nutella on English Muffins. It reminds me of when I was little. My sister and I use to visit our downstairs neighbors who were from Russia and every morning they had Nutella spread on English muffins for breakfast. Yum Yum!

#7 ·
Quote:
I haven't been able to find it in the store here.. I was looking for it by the peanut butter and jams.. that's where I used to find it
that is typically where it is b/c i have seen it but this time it was on end cap b/c it was on sale. I could never pay almost 5 dollars for it but the 1.99 sounded good.

Hmmm that husband thing sounds interesting

#10 ·
oooooh, nutella. yummers!

one of my favorite snacks during grad school was nutella and fruit. it goes especially well with tangerines, star fruit, strawberries or bananas, but really...any fruit will do. i got my whole class into it.

my sister recently made a cake and frosted it nutella. easy and soooo good.

i like it with saltines for that sweet/salty/crunchy/creamy contrasting flavor and texture goodness.

i also used to make these killer pancakes with fresh banana or mango, then use nutella instead of maple syrup. can you say...yum!

sometimes i forego a spoon and just scoop it out of the jar with my fingers...
yeah, it's that good. and i'm a piggie.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lalaland42 View Post
Its great on crepes.

This is my favorite! Nutella reminds me off when I was little and my grandmother would make fresh Italian bread. When it was fresh out of the oven she would rip off a piece and spread it with nutella. heavenly!
Oh and back then we would have to make a special trip to a little Italian store to get it. Good memmories....

I can't tell you how happy I was when I found out Nutella was gluten free!

#26 ·
Quote:
Giada on Simply Italian (I think that's what it's called) made fried ravioli filled with nutella, YUM.
I LOVE to make these for any possible get-together and they are amazing. Wonton wrappers with a blob of Nutella in the middle. Fry 'em until they're golden brown and sprinkle with powdered sugar while still hot. I could eat two or twenty-two...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.