Diaper rash with white patches? UPDATED #4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2007, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've never seen this before. Dd#2 (15 mos) can sometimes get really nasty diaper rash. Dh has had this diarrhea bug for a few days now and I think he may have passed it on to her. So after a day and a half, dd's bum is painful to even look at.

But now it has a component I've never seen before. Overall, her rash has raised red patches with the occasional bumps. Many of the bumps are raw and bleeding. But as I was changing her last diaper for the night, I saw two circular raised patches the size of a quarter and nickel that were white. Thinking it was from Dh who changed her last, I asked if he put on any diaper cream instead of the Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I didn't want to try and really rub it off but it didn't smudge.

Does anyone know what these white patches could be? I've seen yeast infections but I've never seen a rash like this one. I'm not sure it's yeast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdabbler View Post
I've never seen this before. Dd#2 (15 mos) can sometimes get really nasty diaper rash. Dh has had this diarrhea bug for a few days now and I think he may have passed it on to her. So after a day and a half, dd's bum is painful to even look at.

But now it has a component I've never seen before. Overall, her rash has raised red patches with the occasional bumps. Many of the bumps are raw and bleeding. But as I was changing her last diaper for the night, I saw two circular raised patches the size of a quarter and nickel that were white. Thinking it was from Dh who changed her last, I asked if he put on any diaper cream instead of the Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I didn't want to try and really rub it off but it didn't smudge.

Does anyone know what these white patches could be? I've seen yeast infections but I've never seen a rash like this one. I'm not sure it's yeast.
It sounds like yeast to me, my niece had that exact thing and it was yeast. Has Dd been sick? Her flora may be off as well. You could try giving her some acidopholis mixed in something she likes. I have never used butt paste, the only thing that worked for wicked diaper rash was Zincofax, it absorbs right into the skin and usually clears it up pretty quick, it also allows the skin to breathe.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:28 AM

i would cut out all sugar in her and your diet (if you are nursing) and apply breast milk to the affected area many times a day.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

The white patches turned out to be blisters of all things. The surface area of the really raw rash has greatly reduced since yesterday. I've eliminated all the acidic food until it clears up (she loves spaghetti with sauce). She's also been getting yogurt regularly.

Since it's near 90 today, we'll be doing to naked time in the yard after her nap.

I've never heard of Zincofax. I'll have to look for it. She seems to go from healthy to raw very quickly.

Gitti, if this continues, I will definitely look in to diet. What do you mean by sugar? How can that be a cause? Also what do you mean by eliminate sugar? You mean added sugar? Refined sugar? Fructose? We eat fairly healthy at home here. However daycare sneaks in lots of stuff that we would never keep in the house: She's on the no juice list there too.

User Tag List